BSc Zoology Distance Education 2024: The course is split into six equal semesters and takes three years to complete. This bachelor’s degree program includes advanced study and research on animals and their parts. Students are selected for the BSc Zoology Distance Education program based on their performance in Class 12 or their entrance exams.
There are different requirements for admission to each university. A class 12 diploma from a recognized board and a qualifying exam with aggregate marks of 50% are required. Various institutions offer distance-learning BSc Zoology programs at different prices. The course teaches students about animal behavior, functions, and other biological processes. The institute frequently relaxes reserved candidate requirements.
A BSc Zoology degree includes subjects such as Animal Physiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Developmental Biology, Molecular Biology, etc. According to their experience and skill level, BSc Zoology graduates earn an average income. Distance education students who complete the BSc Zoology course can look forward to a bright future. In addition to the course, there are many higher study options in various specializations.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Science in Zoology
- Eligibility: Completed 12th with at least 50% marks from a well-known board.
- Duration: 3-year
- Fee: INR 3K to INR 17K.
- Top universities: GIMT, NSOU, UPRTOU, ANUCDE, BU SDE, etc.
- Career-wise: Work as a Zoology faculty member, biomedical scientist, Nutrition Specialist, Veterinarian, Wildlife Biologist, Forensic expert, Ecologist, Zoologist, Research Associate, etc.
Latest University Distance Education 2024
|Madras University||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Madurai Kamraj University||Nims University|
|Maharishi Dayanand University||OPJS University|
|Mangalore University||Osmania University|
|Manonmaniam Sundarnar University||Subharti University|
BSc Zoology Distance Education Highlights
|Type of Course||Bachelors|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/Entrance Exam|
|Eligibility||12th with Science|
|Study Mode||Distance Education/Online/Correspondence|
|Fee||INR 3,000 to INR 17,000 per year|
|Age Limit||There is no specific age limit|
|Average Salary||INR 4 LPA to 7 LPA|
Is BSc Zoology Distance Education Worth It?
This is one of the best UG courses in animal science, with a bright future. BSc Zoology Distance Education can be worth it if you get the best science skills while studying this program.
- Skills: Being a professional course, it will teach you various skills; some of them are research skills, animal genetic identification skills, science lab skills, animal protection skills, decision-making skills, planning skills, etc.
- Time Flexibility: Through digital technologies, distance learning for BSc Zoology courses provides teachers and students with flexible learning opportunities in terms of time and learning speed.
- Fee and Cost: This BSc program through DL mode is money-saving. In comparison to BSc regular, it is also lower in tuition fees. The academic fee for this distance program is INR 3,000 to INR 17,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Students enrolled in the BSc Zoology distance program have their own study schedule. They can do a job to earn money and also study when free.
BSc Zoology Distance Education Admission 2024
Admission to the BSc Zoology Distance Education program has been initiated at several institutions. Registration for admission started for the July session under various universities or colleges like IGNOU, Bharathidasan University, Nalanda Open University, etc.
BSC Zoology program admission in distance mode has been given to candidates who pass a 12th in the science stream. For distance mode, no entrance exam is required. Universities accept admission based on the merit list criteria or through a direct admission process.
Advanced Courses in BSc Zoology Distance Education
- M.Sc. (Zoology)
- M.Sc. (Hons.) (Zoology)
- M.Phil. (Zoology)
- Ph.D. (Zoology)
BSc Zoology Distance Education Eligibility
The students must have a 12th-grade sheet from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks. Applicants with an equivalent degree to the 12th grade can also apply for admission.
BSc Zoology Distance Education Duration
The time duration of this course is 3 years. It is divided into six semesters over three years.
BSc Zoology Distance Education Fee Structure
The application fee for the BCA in Zoology ranges between 300 and 500 INR. To complete the admissions process for the designated session, registration is required. The students can check the BSc Zoology Average Fee range of INR 3,000 – INR 7,000 Per Semester.
We have only provided approximate Bachelor of Science in Zoology tuition costs. University guidelines may alter it.
BSc Zoology Distance Education Syllabus and Subjects
BSc Zoology was brought in to provide subjective, practically structured information on topics such as ecology, biosphere, evolution, genetics, wildlife forensics, biochemistry, molecular biology, and more.
By studying the distance program in the BSc Zoology, the students can get benefits like learning on their own time, significant control over travel expenses, dual certificate/diploma/degree opportunities, enough time to do other activities, etc. A semester breakup of the program syllabus is given below:
|I Year||II Year|
|BSZ-101||History of Botany, Algae & Bryophyte||BSZ-201||Gases, Chemical Equilibrium & Surface Chemistry|
|BSZ-102||Molecular Biology||BSZ-202||Chemical Bonding & Nuclear Chemistry|
|BSZ-103||Biological Techniques & Instrumentations||BSZ-203||Introductory Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology|
|BSZ-104||Environmental Studies||BSZ-204||Introductory Animal Physiology|
|BSZ-105||Introductory Organic Chemistry||BSZ-205||Taxonomy & Evolution|
|BSZ-106||Practical & Project Work||BSZ-206||Practical & Project Work|
|BSZ-107||Internship & Training||BSZ-207||Internship & Training|
|BSZ-302||Introductory Plant Physiology|
|BSZ-303||Solution Chemistry & Advanced Electrochemistry|
|BSZ-304||Genetics & Cell Biology|
|BSZ-305||Cytogenetic, Plant Breeding & Evolution|
|BSZ-306||Practical & Project Work|
|BSZ-307||Internship & Training|
BSc Zoology Distance Education Admission Process 2024
- For admission to this course, students need to visit the official website of the universities.
- Then comes the admission process by providing essential information like name, email address, contact number, course preferences, etc.
- The university will not accept the application form if the students submit incorrect information.
- After that, students have to make payment for the application fees through online or offline mode.
Documents Required for BSc Zoology Distance Education Admission
Students are also required to send or email scanned document copies of their early academics, which includes
- 12thMark Sheet and Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Habitation Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
- Teaching / Research
BSc Zoology Distance Education Top Colleges in India
The Colleges are providing distance BSc Zoology courses. Students can check the names of the top BSc Zoology Colleges in India below.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- NOU- Nalanda Open University
- TNOU- Tamilnadu Open University
- Netaji Subhas Open University
- Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu
- University of Mumbai (MU Distance Education)
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU Distance Education)
- Pt. Sunderlal Sharma Open University (PSSOU Distance Education)
- Karnataka State Open University
- MP Bhoj Open University
- Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University
BSc Zoology in Open University
Here is the list of open universities that offer a BSc Zoology program in distance learning mode:
- Nalanda Open University, Bihar
- Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Netaji Subhas Open University, West Bengal
- IGNOU, Delhi
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
- PT. Sundarlal Sharma Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- MP Bhoj Open University
IGNOU BSc Zoology Admission 2024
IGNOU offers a Bachelor of Science in Zoology degree through distance education. The total fee is Rs 10,500 for BSc Zoology, and students can also pay in annual installments of Rs 3,500.
IGNOU BSc Zoology Eligibility: Candidates must have a BSc degree with science subjects or equivalent to get admission to the BSc Zoology course at IGNOU through distance education.
Duration: This undergraduate degree course takes 3 years to complete. It is possible to extend the duration of the course at IGNOU up to 6 years for this BSc course.
BSc Zoology Distance Education Fee-Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000*||500 – 1200*|
|Reg. Fees||800 – 1200*||600 – 1300*|
|Breaking Study||3500 – 5500||3500 – 5500|
|Prospectus fees||600 – 1000*||700 – 1000*|
|R.R fees||800* 2000*||1000 – 2000*|
|Exam Fees||500 – 2000*||1000- 1500*|
|Course Fees||15000/y – 20000/y||Varies according to University to University|
|Total Fees||25,000/Y approx||35,000/Y approx|
BSc Zoology Distance Education Entrance Exams
After 12th grade, there are a number of entrance tests for the Zoology program. Based on your interests and how it can help you reach your goal of getting into one of the best Zoology colleges in India, you can figure out which exam to take. Here are some of the most common tests used to get into BSc Zoology Distance Education.
- Chattisgarh Pre-Agriculture Test (CG PAT)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT)
- GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT)
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST)
BSc Zoology Distance Education Job Profile
After completing this B.Sc Zoology distance education, The students can get jobs like Wildlife Biologists, Zoology faculty members, zoologists, forensic experts, Biomedical scientists, ecologists, Veterinarians, Nutrition Specialists, and many more.
Employment Area after BSc Zoology Distance Education
The students can get jobs in top Companies like Colleges, Animal biodiversity prospecting, Indian Forest Service (IFS), wildlife conservation, etc.
BSc Zoology Distance Education Salary
After completing this B.Sc Zoology Distance Education, The students can get an average salary of Rs 4,00,000 to Rs 7,00,000 LPA. The salary will depend on the knowledge and skills gained by the candidates. After gaining good experience in the same field, they can also get salary hikes and other facilities from the organizations.
BSc Zoology Distance Education in Tamilnadu
Bharathidasan University offers B.Sc Zoology distance education in Tamilnadu. Students who pass the 12th board examination from any state or central board of senior secondary education with a minimum of 45-50% marks can apply for admission at this university in Tamilnadu state.
Benefits of BSc Zoology Distance Education
One can advance their career in research and development or serve in the forest service with a BSc in Zoology. You can also join conservation organizations that are constantly looking for informed specialists by taking advantage of the many work opportunities in this field. The profiles listed below are ones you may want to take into consideration:
After completing the UG degree, candidates can work at any of the job profiles, such as ecologist, natural resource manager, environmentalist, conservationist, zoo curator, veterinarian, animal educator, nutritionist, and medical representative.
Following the BSc in zoology, students can choose from a choice of specialization in multiple related degrees. Additionally, MSc Zoology, continued by MPhil or Ph.D., is best for you if you want to develop in your field of study after earning your master’s degree. According to the pay scale, a zoologist in India makes an average annual income of 406946 INR. Your salary range after earning a BSc in Zoology will depend on the organization you work for as well as the job you are applying for.
BSc Zoology Distance Education FAQ
Ques. How can I take admission?
Ans. No problem will be created if a student wants to be admitted there. They can fill out the online registration form as well as send all documents to our email ID.
Ques. How can I pay fees for it?
Ans. Students can pay the fees by online payment like Paypal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques: Can we do BSc zoology from a distance?
Ans: Yes, students can pursue the course in distance mode. Universities like IGNOU, DU SOL, NOU, etc. are offering BSc courses in distance mode.
Ques: Is BSc zoology good for the future?
Ans: Yes, it depends on the interests of the students. If they want to be zoologists, then this is the best course.
Be the first to leave a review.