BA Distance Education Admission: The students who are looking to get admission into the Bachelor of Arts distance education courses for the upcoming academic session are required to wait for the notification to be released by the universities at their admission portals. The process of selection of the students getting admission into the Distance BA course is certainly based on the scores and ranking of applicants in the previous qualifying examinations.
This is a three-year bachelor-level course aimed at providing applicants with knowledge related to various disciplines and areas around the world. This course is designed to improve the applicant’s knowledge and skills about various disciplines and sectors that tend to lead to fun and exciting careers.
There are numerous specializations that the applicants can opt for from the BA Distance Education program such as BA in economics, BA in Political Science, BA in History, BA in English, Geography, Hindi, Psychology, etc. Candidates who wish to proceed with the BA General distance program will need to study compulsory, and elective subjects like general English, & literature, economics, history, etc.
Students who want to get their careers out of regular disciplines like engineering, medicine, or banking should apply for admission to this course.
The students are provided with the opportunity for learning in various disciplines under the BA Distance Education course so that the applicants can enhance their careers in the discipline they inspire most.
- BA Full Form: Bachelor of Arts
- Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 from a Recognized education board of H.S.C.
- Duration: A minimum to the maximum duration of distance BA is 3 to 6 years.
- Fee: BA distance fee is INR 6000 minimum and INR 20000 maximum.
- University: Most demanding universities to pursue distance BA courses are KSOU, Tamil Nadu Open University, IGNOU, and others.
- Career-wise: One can build a career being a content creator, author, psychologist, historian, social worker, and counselor, among others. Approx. INR 2 to & 7 LPA is the income of such professionals on yearly basis.
BA Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Arts|
|Subjects Required||Subjects corresponding to PG|
Why Study Bachelor of Arts Distance Education?
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Distance Education program is widely applied and studied in the country. There are some factors attracting students to the BA distance education program.
- The bachelor’s degree program in the arts can be studied without really affecting daily routine. It is best for working professionals, and financially low candidates.
- The course fee in the distance education mode is affordable, and can also be paid semester-wise.
- The BA program’s curriculum offers a strong foundation in a number of subjects based on language, history, politics, etc. Students pursuing master’s degrees benefit from the foundational study.
- The study materials for the BA distance education program are updated frequently so that students can keep up with recent, significant events to achieve a result of the development and delivery of high-quality education.
- The BA Distance Education program offers the opportunity to clear up any confusion by speaking with the university helpline or attending the PCP classes that are regularly scheduled during the week off.
More BA Distance Course
BA Distance Education Admission
Applicants can apply to ANU, Bharathidasan, Calicut, Dibrugarh, IGNOU, DU SOL, etc. BA distance programs require 12th-grade graduation to be eligible for admission.
A degree in the BA Distance program shall further allow students to solidify their academic background. Students can do an MA in the same stream, or switch to a management professional degree program like MBA. Options of doing a PG diploma, and advanced certificate is also open.
BA Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor of Arts is an undergraduate-level degree, students are required to pass the 12th examinations in any stream to be eligible for admission to this course.
- The Students must have scored a minimum of 45% marks to be considered for admission.
- Grant of entries will be based on marks scored by the Candidates in the previous examination.
- For admission to BA distance education, there will be no entrance exam taken.
List Of Universities Offering BA Distance Education
School of Open Learning, Delhi University provides a Bachelor of Arts program in distance mode. All the students who have completed their 10+2 level education can apply at @www.sol.du.ac.in. There is no entrance exam conducted for the distance BA programs, all the seats are available based on the marks of previous education.
IGNOU BA Distance Education: IGNOU is one of the finest universities designed for distance education, and also students who want to opt for the BA course can choose IGNOU University for the admission procedure. The course duration of the BA program is of 3 years which has six semesters in total. The course fee is 6000 for the academic year. The eligibility criteria say that students should have completed 10th and 12th classes and obtain 55% marks in their final year.
MKU DDE BA Distance Education: Madurai Kamaraj University is a well-known university structured for students who want to opt for a Bachelor of Arts in distance education. The course duration is of 3 years, and it consists of 6 semesters. The course fee is 7500 for the academic year. The eligibility criteria for Madurai Kamaraj University requires students to complete their 10th, and 12th class, and also students should obtain at least 55% marks.
TNOU BA Distance Education: TNOU admission to the BA degree programs begins online every year in two sessions. The July and January session of admission brings various BA courses at the distance mode. The medium of learning for BA programs is in English and Tamil; Aspirants can apply to the TNOU after securing a valid 12th mark sheet. Passed students in the three-year diploma awarded by the DOTE or 11 with two years of TTC can also apply.
How do we select an appropriate university/college for BA distance education?
The selection process for universities or colleges for the BA distance education program depends on the severity of questions such as whether the university is approved or not. Has the university ever broken an educational law, or can we have complete faith in it? Let’s get some reading that may help to select the BA distance education program.
- Candidates must check whether the university has academic affiliations like UGC, AICTE, DEC, AIU, etc.
- Please look up information about the university’s standing, course contents, and reviews on search engines like Google.
- The university’s reputation is important because it affects performance as well.
BA Distance Education Specializations
- BA English: Candidates who pursue the BA English Honors program engage in learning multiple branches of literature like women writing, literary criticism, British literature, American literature, and many more from across the world, and further can proceed for the master’s degree and construct a career in the sector like content writing, teaching, journalism, etc.
- BA Economics: A successful degree holder in BA Economics can proceed with the career options such as finance, law, management, consulting, etc.; candidates can go for the master’s degree program as well when more opportunities will come in front of them. The course enhances the quality of the learner in numerous economic sectors such as financial, labor, industrial, international, business, banking, environment, etc.
- BA Fine Arts: Students who engage in the BA fine Arts degree program develop their learning in film, photography, architecture, sculpture, printmaking, interior design, and drama through the assistance of visual and performing arts. Candidates may build a career in any of the above after acquiring a degree in BA in fine arts.
- BA Sociology: Students who pursue the BA Sociology degree program go through the society’s study where its specialized parts like community, crime, collective behavior, cultural sociology, applied sociology, and comparative sociology have been taught. Those who earn a degree in the BA in Sociology can seek a career in the following: social worker, journalist, administrative support, survey researcher, policy analyst, etc.
- BA Journalism and Mass Communication: The BA in Journalism and Mass communication is designed to offer comprehensive training in numerous sections, which includes television, radio production, public relations, event management, print journalism, and film studies. Candidates who complete the degree can proceed to make a career as a social media manager, photojournalist, news analyst, media consultant, public relations specialist, etc.
- BA Political Science: The program deals in national as well as world politics, which constitutes the creation of democracy, public administration, comparative politics, international relations, and many more; those who acquire a degree in Ba political science may seek for following job options such as civil services, legislative assistant, social media manager, teaching, intelligence analyst, and journalism, etc.
- BA Journalism and Mass Communication: The BJMC is a 3 Years UG degree program introduced to provide an opportunity for eligible aspirants to make a career in Journalism and related fields. Students who enter the BJMC UG degree program can study cyber media, print media, folk media, media research, media law & ethics, television journalism, etc. The average salary for professionals in this arena is INR 3.52 L.
- BA Archaeology: BA Archaeology in distance mode is the honors program for a minimum of three years duration. Students who have passed the BA Archaeology three-year degree program can find jobs in the fields of the archaeologist, gallery curator, lecturer, conservation officer, lecturer, museum education officer, and more. Individuals can apply to the BA archaeology degree program after passing higher secondary or 10+2 exams.
- BA Music: BA Music ug degree program of distance education brings a platform for aspirants to get specific and comprehensive learning of Music and its essential parts.
Students who have passed the 10+2 or 12th with a score of fifty Percent in any stream can seek admission to the BA music ug degree program.
- BA Social Work: Bachelor of Arts in Social Work is a 3-Year Undergraduate degree program. That provides the information and skills about social service, Communication skills, ability to understand & solve social issues, policy, and analytics. A candidate can able to work for the welfare of society with lawful methods. Candidates are eligible to apply for the program after qualifying for the 12th board examination with at least 45-50% marks from a recognized board of education.
- BA Psychology: The course is designed to study mental processes, Human & Animal behavior, brain functions, etc. It is also known as “Hub Science” due to being connected with education, medical science, and social science. BA Psychology distance education is one of the best courses in this field because it covers numerous topics and different trajectories.
To apply for this distance education program a candidate must have cleared the 12th board examination from a recognized board of senior secondary education. The duration of this program is 3-Years.
BA Distance Education Syllabus
The syllabus used for the BA Distance Education course will differ as per the specializations opted by the student, but an ordinary BA Distance education syllabus is listed below in the table:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Understanding Drama||The Structure of Modern English|
|Reading the Novel||Communication Skills in English|
|Understanding Prose||From Language to Literature|
|Understanding Poetry||English for Practical Purposes|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|History o Oriya||History of Urdu|
|History of Marathi||History of Punjabi|
|History of Kannada||History of Telugu|
|History of Malayalam||History of Tamil|
|History of Oriya|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Foundation Course in English-1 Or Foundation Course in Hindi-2||
Foundation Course in Humanities and Social Sciences
|Foundation Course in Hindi||
Foundation Course in Science and Technology
BA Distance Education Admission Process 2022 (How to Apply?)
BA Distance Education admission process can be followed in either online/offline modes to various UGC-approved colleges or universities in India. A general structure of the admission process has been given below.
Application Fee: The first semester and registration fees for the BA ODL program may vary as per the institution level and course specialization. The average registration fee for the course can be around INR 200 – INR 500.
Course Fee: An approximate BA distance education program fee can be placed between INR 6,000-9,000. Distance universities offer debit/credit cards, UPI, Paytm, or Net Banking as options to deposit respected fees.
BA ODL Online Admission
- Visit the official portal of BA-offered universities/colleges
- Find an admission button
- Register with basic details
- Sign-In BA ODL admission account
- Fill up each mandatory section: Personal, and Academic
- Upload BA ODL documents
- Preview filed application form
- Deposit Register/admission fee
- Submit, and save an acknowledgment
BA ODL Offline Admission
- Reach out to the authorized center
- Collect blank application form
- Start filling the application form with a Ball pen
- Do not skip mandatory blocks
- Paste a passport-size photo
- Attach documents: Academic/Personal
- Visit the university/college admission center
- Submit the application form along with a fee
- Collect receipt
BA Distance Education in India
BA In Delhi
The BA ODL program at the undergraduate level opens its door for admission in the Delhi located UGC approved universities/colleges in two cycles: July/January. The national capital comprises some of the best institutions in the name of IGNOU, SOL DU, JMI, and more.
Admission to BA General or specialized program confirms after the scores in the qualifying exam. Hence, No university in Delhi asks aspirants to pass the entrance test at any level for admission to the BA ODL course. The average fee of Delhi-based state, and central universities hovers between INR 9K to 17k. The three-year undergraduate degree program fees can be deposited yearly.
BA Distance Education in Noida
BA in Noida offers plenty of options in the form of private, state, and central institutions. Aspirants can apply to the Distance Program of BA in the following universities: Assayer Institute of Innovative Education, and IGNOU Noida Regional Centre. There are several specializations for which admission begins like English, History, Political Science, etc.
The minimum eligibility to get admission to BA programs is 10+2 with a related stream from any recognized board of India. The average fee of BA ODL programs ranges from 11k to 34k. Students are required to deposit a BA ODL Fee yearly.
BA Distance Education in Mumbai
The door of admission to the BA program in the Mumbai located institutions opens in academic, and calendar year cycles. One shall apply to various UGC-approved colleges/universities like the Institute of Distance & Open Learning (Mumbai University), Shri Shankar Narayan Education Trust, etc. An approximate fee for the distance program of BA in the Mumbai located universities or colleges ranges from INR 13.5K to 26.7k. Admission to the BA ODL program will be made after a performance in the Higher secondary exam.
BA Distance Education In Pune
The admission process to the BA Distance education Program becomes really easy for candidates who wish to take an entry to the Pune Located colleges/universities. Some well-known institutions that are included distance education, and offer quality education for the BA programs are SDE Pune, Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Shri Balaji Institute, etc.
The minimum qualification to earn admission for the BA three-year distance program is 10+2 or equivalent from an approved state/central board of India. No entrance test will be required to get admission to the BA ODL program. The registration and a significant part of the course fee must be deposited to confirm admission to the Pune-located institution.
Career Opportunities After BA Distance education
Candidates who clear their Bachelor of Arts degree program have various job opportunities in the Private and Government sectors. A candidate with this bachelor’s degree program can get a job with a starting salary package of approx 3.8 L per annum. Some job profiles list is given below that a candidate gets after this course:
- Business Administrator
- Business Consultant
- Business Management Researchers
- Finance Manager
- HR Manager
- Administrative Office
- Business Management Professor
BA Distance Education FAQs
Can I do BA in distance education?
BA stands for Bachelor of Arts. It is a 3-year course. Many universities in India offer courses at very affordable fees. The exam pattern conducted in universities may vary from university to university. Some educational institutes conduct exams semester wise whereas some conduct them yearly.
Be the first to leave a review.