BLIS Distance Education 2024: BLIS is commonly abbreviated as Bachelor of Library Science. BLS, or B.Lib. or B.Lib.Sc. Bachelor of Science in Information and Library Science Distance education is a bachelor’s degree that is earned in one year and focuses on managing and running a library. Most of the time, the course is split into two parts called semesters. Admission to this program is based on either entrance exams or merit.
Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in any field can apply for admission to the B.Lib.I.Sci. program through distance learning. Many UGC-DEB-approved universities offered B.Lib.Sc. distance education admission, including IGNOU, MKU, Calicut University, BRAOU, HPU ICDEOL, etc.
This course is based on managing libraries and information centers, information sources and services, organizing and managing information, managing library databases, ICT in libraries, and more. There are numerous career paths to pursue after obtaining a BLib degree, including positions such as library attendant, library information assistant, and library director.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university
- Duration: One year.
- Fee: The average course fee is approximately INR 6,000 to INR 10,000.
- Top universities: Karnataka State Open University, LPU, IGNOU, etc.
- Career-wise: Get employment as an educator, librarian, archivist, and indexer. They can earn INR 1.5 to INR 6 LPA.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Eligibility||Graduation with 50% marks or Graduation with a Diploma in Science|
|Minimum Age||18 Years|
|Max Age Limit||No limit|
|Fee||INR 6,000 to INR 10,000 p.a.|
Is the BLIS Distance Course worth it?
A BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) distance education is worthwhile because it provides many job opportunities in the related sector.
- Skills: It will provide skills like teamwork, conflict resolution, problem-solving, critical thinking, computer literacy, communication skills, life skills, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: Distance BLIS can be studied with an effective time management approach that is now in the hands of students; they can decide their study timings accordingly and review lectures as many times as they are willing to do so.
- Fee and Cost: The cost of a distance BLIS course on an average basis varies from INR 6,000 to INR 10,000 based on the institute; however, this range is an affordable fee range for many students.
- Earn While You Learn: In the traditional study approach, candidates are not supposed to do a full-time job because of the hectic schedules, but in distance learning, they can work full-time and support studies via earning.
- The work market for librarians in India is very robust and offers a significant number of options. They are eligible for employment opportunities in both the public and commercial sectors.
BLIS Distance Education Admission 2024
Bachelor of Library and Information Science distance education course admission will start soon for the academic year 2024. Individuals can apply to DR BRAOU, Kakatiya University, KSOU, MPBOU, etc., universities. Admission shall remain open for the candidates who passed a UG degree with 50% marks. Students must apply online by visiting the official website of the university.
BLIS distance education programs do not require you to take an entrance test as part of the admissions process in order to be admitted. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit any of the universities mentioned above to find a suitable option for applying to the library, and science-oriented programs that are offered there. Generally, the tuition fees for pursuing the BLIS correspondence course range between INR 6,000 and INR 10,000 for students.
After depositing the registration fee and the new admission fee through debit/credit card, UPI, or net banking, applicants will be able to confirm their admission.
BLIS Distance Education Duration
A Bachelor of Library Science degree is awarded after one year of study, divided into two equal six-month semesters.
BLIS Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from any recognized university.
- To get admission to this course, students must pass UG degree examinations with at least 50% marks.
BLIS Distance Education Course Fees
The students can check the Bachelor in Library and Information Science Average Fee range of INR 6,000 – INR 10,000 Per Year. We mentioned here only the approximate Fees for a Diploma in Computer Science. It might be changed according to university rules.
BLIS Distance Education Syllabus
The BLIS Distance Education course syllabus includes two semesters of topics. Indian colleges may have different “library science syllabuses” with different subjects. The BLIS Distance Education syllabus is provided below.
|Library And Information Science||Colon Classification|
|Human Resource Management||Classified Catalogue Code|
|Reference & Information Service||Fundamentals Of Information Technology|
|Cataloging And Classification||Creating Cyber Libraries|
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process 2024
In order to apply for admission to the BLIS Distance Education program, applicants must go to the university’s official website. The admission process of different universities varies. The following steps should be read carefully by applicants in order to complete the registration correctly.
- First of all, check the eligibility criteria of this particular course and also check the list of the required documents.
- If you are eligible to apply then click on, “Admission”.
- Now fill out the application form.
- Make sure you fill out the correct information with your email ID and password.
- Submit the application form to get your login ID and password on your mail ID.
- Log in pay the examination fee and submit the application form.
- Download a copy of your application form for future reference.
Documents List Required for Admission to BLIS Distance Education Program
- Qualification certificate (10/10+2 /UG/PG)
- Address Proof
- DOB certificate
- ID Proof
- Passport size Photo
- Migration Certificate
- Domicile certificates
- Caste certificate
Top Colleges/Universities for BLIS Distance Education
Top Universities are offering the Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences Distance Education. The candidates can check the names of the top Colleges and Universities given below.
- DU SOL
- Kalinga University, Raipur
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Isabella Thoburn Degree College, Lucknow
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Rabindranath Tagore University, Bhopal
- Panjab University, Panjab
- Acharya Nagarjuna University
ANU BLIS Distance Education Admission 2024
At the end of the semester, the candidate has to appear for the B.L.I.Sc examination. The exam consists of 4 theory papers in 1st Semester and 2 Theory and 2 Practical papers as given in the course structure. Each theory paper carries 100 marks with an internal assessment component.
The medium of instruction for the distance program classes and the self-instructional reading material supplied by the Centre for Distance Education will be in English only.
- Eligibility: Any Graduate
- Duration of the Course: 1 Year (2 Sems)
LPU BLIS Distance Education Admission 2024
There is no doubt that information plays a crucial role in the lives of people, organizations, and Society. There has been an explosion of technology and information over the last few decades. Information professionals in libraries and other information centers are expected to have a higher level of qualifications and skills than those in other professions. It was the aim of the Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) program at Florida State University to provide this needed service to our nation.
Libraries are better planned, organized, equipped, and managed, book stocks are more effective and better arranged, and readers are given more facilities and assistance. The library is a modern educational and research asset. The library is so vital to society that it cannot exist without it. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science is a structured professional program. For all of this, specialized training is required in every field, including librarianship. Modern libraries need to train their staff on a regular basis to meet demand.
BLIS Distance Education IGNOU Admission
Candidates should have passed a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks or a bachelor’s degree with a diploma in library science or a bachelor’s degree with 2 years of working experience to get admission to this program. The fee charges applied by IGNOU for the BLIS distance education program is INR 8,300 for a complete one-year duration.
BLIS Distance Education Application Form 2024
Application Form 2024 will be released soon for BLIS Distance Education admission by all popular universities. The admission process is done online. If the students want to take admission offline, they have to go to the university’s regional center.
In July, the students will be able to access the BLIS Distance Education Application Form on the official portal of the university from the first week of July and it will be closed at the end of October. The official educational portals as well as the university websites should be made available to students for constant updates. Students need to check all the eligibility criteria and the fee structure before filling out the registration form and submitting it.
BLIS Distance Education Fee Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650* – 1500 *|
|Reg. Fees||500 – 1200*||1000-2000*|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500*||6000- 12000*|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000*||500- 1000*|
|R.R fees||800 – 1000/ y||800 – 1000/ y|
|Exam Fees||1000 – 2500/ y*||2000- 3000/y*|
|Course Fees||10,000-20,000/y*||Varies according University to University|
|Total Fees||22,000/y* Approx||27,000/y* Approx|
BLIS Course Distance Education in Tamilnadu
Numerous colleges of Tamilnadu open their admission window every year for the distance BLIS program, Such as Allagappa University, Annamalai University, Madurai Kamaraj University, and many others. The minimal eligibility to apply for the BLIS distance program at Tamilnadu is the candidate must have completed their Graduation with 50% marks or graduated with a Diploma in Science from a recognized university in India.
Here is the list of Distance Education Universities Located in Tamil Nadu:
- SRM University Distance Education
- MKU distance education
- Osmania University Distance Education
- TNOU distance education
- Anna University Distance Education
BLIS Course Distance Education Job Types
The students can get jobs in top areas like educational institutes, government libraries, government offices, private sectors, etc.
- Assistant Technical Manager/Library Asst/Technician
- Library Trainee
- Project Assistant
- Library Professional Trainees
- Library Information Officer
- Officer – Library
After completing BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences) from distance education, The students can get jobs like Library Specialist, Indexer, Library Information, Assistant Director, Librarian, Deputy Librarian, and many more.
BLIS Course Distance Education Salary
After completing the BLIS Distance course (Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences) there are various working areas that students can join with a starting salary of 1,20,000 INR and 6,00,000 INR.
BLIS Course Distance Education FAQs
Ques 1. How can I pay the fees?
Ans. Students can pay fees by online payment methods like Paypal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques 2. Is this course approved for my job?
Ans. Yes, It is approved for any related job, either Private or Government.
Ques 3. Can I get a job after BLIS distance education?
Ans. After completing BLIS Private and Gov. Job, both ways are open for you. Various organizations now require individuals with skill training in Library science.
Ques 4. Can I apply for the BLIS course distance education at Annamalai University?
Ans: No, At present, Annamalai University doesn’t offer admission to distance education courses. Therefore no one can apply for BLIS course distance education at Annamalai University.
Ques 5. Can I apply for B.L.I.Sc ODL course admission at Madras University?
Ans: No, Madras University does not offer a BLIS distance education program. However, candidates can apply for UG courses BA, BCom, BBA, BSc, BCA, BFA, etc admission in distance mode at this university.
Be the first to leave a review.