BLIS Distance Education Admission 2022: BLIS (Bachelor of Library & Information Science) is a UG-level course. The minimum duration of the BLIS course is only one year. Most universities are offering this BLIS course, and thousands of students register for BLIS Course. The reason for the high no of enrollments is the career scope after this program.Students can apply for Information Architect, Metadata Librarian, Lecturer, and many more.
Students who are working and wish to complete this course via distance learning can easily do so. This program covers library and information science, book management, research sources, and knowledge. Many universities, such as IGNOU, offer BLIS in distance mode. It covers a wide range of library management topics. The field of Library Sciences is made up of several sub-fields that rely on each other (library & information). Admission requires graduation.
- BLIS Full Form: Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Eligibility: It is required for all candidates to at least have a graduation degree in any discipline or equivalent to become qualified for BLIS distance admissions.
- Duration: This course lasts for one year.
- Fee: BLIS distance education average course fee for one semester is about INR 6000 to 10000.
- University: The top distance universities in India offering a UGC-approved distance BLIS are Karnataka State Open University, LPU, IGNOU, Annamalai, etc.
- Career-wise: Students with this degree can further study MLIS and pave their way towards a Ph.D. It will be beneficial in getting employment as an educator, librarian, archivist, and indexer. They can earn INR 1.5 to 6 LPA.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Latest Updates:
- The date of IGNOU Distance education admission for BLIS Distance education or other UG/PG programs has been extended to 15 November 2022. Click Here
- LPU Online admission for BLIS distance education admission’s last date is 10 November 2022. Click Here
BLIS Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Eligibility||Graduation with 50% marks or Graduation with Diploma in science|
|Minimum Age||18 Years|
|Max Age Limit||No limit|
|Fee||INR 6000 to 10000 p.a.|
BLIS Distance Education Admission 2022-23
BLIS program admission has been started for the academic year (July) cycle. Individuals can apply to DR BRAOU, Kakatiya University, KSOU, MPBOU, etc., universities. Admission shall remain open for the candidates who passed a UG degree with 50% marks. Students must apply online by visiting the official website of the university.
The bachelor of library science (BLIS) distance program does not require an entrance test for admission. Applicants can visit any of the mentioned universities, and find a suitable option to apply for the library, and science-oriented program. The average fee for pursuing the BLIS distance education course ranges between 4.5-11.2K. Applicants shall confirm admission after depositing registration, and fresh admission fee through debit/credit, UPI, or net banking.
- Duration: A Bachelor of Library Science degree is awarded after one year of study, divided into two semesters.
- Fees: The students can check the Bachelor in Library and Information Science Average Fee range of INR 2,000 – INR 50,000 Per Year. We mentioned here only the approximate Fees for Diploma in Computer Science. It might be changed according to university rules.
IGNOU BLIS Admission 2022
The last date for getting admission into the BLIS Distance Education course for the academic session 2022-23 is extended till 15 November 2022. Aspirants for admission into the library course from IGNOU University will be selected by the university after considering the applicant’s previous qualifying exam scores.
A minimum score of 45% score is needed from the applicant before filling out the application form for admission.
ANU BLIS Distance Education Admission 2022
At the end of the semester, the candidate has to appear for the B.L.I.Sc. examination. The exam consists of 4 theory papers in 1st Semester and 2 Theory and 2 Practical papers as given in the course structure. Each theory paper carries 100 marks with an internal assessment component.
The medium of instruction for the distance program classes and the self-instructional reading material supplied by the Centre for Distance Education will be in English only.
- Eligibility: Any Graduate
- Duration of the Course: 1 Year (2 Sems)
LPU BLIS Distance Education Admission 2022
Information is vital in everyday life for individuals, organizations, and society. We live in an era of information technology and information explosion. Libraries and other information centers require information professionals to have higher qualifications and skills. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) program was created to meet this need in our country.
Libraries are better planned, organized, equipped, and managed, book stocks are more effective and better arranged, and readers are given more facilities and assistance. The library is a modern educational and research asset. The library is so vital to society that it cannot exist without it. The Bachelor of Library and Information Science is a structured professional program. For all of this, specialized training is required in every field, including librarianship. Modern libraries need to train their staff on a regular basis to meet demand.
BLIS Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who have attained certified proof of passing 12th class exams from any known university of India with a minimum of 48% marks are eligible to apply for entries in this program.
- Candidates can go for pursuing the degree courses like M.LIBSC and diplomas, and many more programs.
- The eligibility for the course is a graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Job Types: The students can get jobs in top areas like educational institutes, government libraries, government offices, private sectors, etc.
- Android Developer
- Assistant Technical Manager/Library Asst/Technician
- Library Trainee
- Project Assistant
- Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Engineer
- Senior Data Scientist
- Library Professional Trainees
- Guest Lecturer
- Library Information Officer
- Officer – Library
- Storage Specialist
- Project Trainee
After completing this Bachelor of library and information sciences (BLIS), The students can get jobs like Library Specialist, Indexer, Library Information, Assistant Director, Librarian, Deputy Librarian, and many more.
Salary: After completing this Bachelor of library and information sciences (BLIS), The students can get an average salary of Rs 1,20,000 to Rs 6,00,000 LPA.
BLIS Distance Education Application Form
BLIS Distance Education Application Form 2023 will be released by all universities. The admission process will be online. If the students want to take admission offline, they have to go to the University’s regional center. Most institutes and universities have closed their admission for the 2022 session. BLIS Distance Education Application Form will be available for the students from January 2023 at the official portal of the University. Students must be updated by the official educational portals and universities’ websites. Before filling out the registration form, students must check all the eligibility criteria and fee structure.
BLIS Distance Education Admission Process 2022-23
Candidates who want to be admitted to the BLIS distance education course can visit the official site of their favorite University that provides this course. After visiting the site check whether the admissions for the program are open or not. If it is open then follow the guidelines given below:
- First of all check the eligibility criteria of this particular course and also check the list of the required documents.
- If you are eligible to apply then click on, “Admission 2022-23”.
- Now fill out the application form.
- Make sure you fill out the correct information with your email id and password.
- Submit the application form to get your login ID and password on your mail ID.
- Log in and pay the examination fee and submit the application form.
- Download a copy of your application form for future reference.
BLIS Colleges in India
Top Universities are offering the Bachelor of library and information sciences Distance Education. The candidates can check the name of the top Colleges and Universities given below.
- Kalinga University, Raipur
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Panjab University, Panjab
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Isabella Thoburn Degree College, Lucknow
- Rabindranath Tagore University, Bhopal
BLIS Distance Education Fee Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650* – 1500 *|
|Reg. Fees||500 – 1200*||1000-2000*|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500*||6000- 12000*|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000*||500- 1000*|
|R.R fees||800 – 1000/ y||800 – 1000/ y|
|Exam Fees||1000 – 2500/ y*||2000- 3000/y*|
|Course Fees||10,000-20,000/y*||Varies according to University to University|
|Total Fees||22,000/y* Approx||27,000/y* Approx|
Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences Distance Education Syllabus
|IMTSBLS-101||Information Science & Reference Service|
|IMTSBLS-102||Library & Society|
|IMTSBLS-106||Practical & Project Work|
Que. How can I pay the fees?
Ans. Students can pay fees by online payment methods like Pay pal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Que. Is this course approved for my job?
Ans. Yes, It is approved for any related job either Private or Government.
Que. Can I get a job after BLIS distance education?
Ans. After completing BLIS Private and Gov. Job both the ways are open for you. Various organizations now require individuals with skill training in Library science.
Be the first to leave a review.