MA Distance Education in Delhi 2023-24: The last date to submit the application form for admission to the MA distance education course in Delhi is 20 October 2023. Several colleges and universities in Delhi that the UGC and DEB recognize offer MA Distance Education. This way of learning is helpful for people who want to make money and learn simultaneously. Admission to the two-year MA Distance Education PG degree programs at colleges and universities in Delhi is based on how well the bachelor’s degree was done or on entrance tests.
- IGNOU application form is going on for the MA Distance Education admission 2023 in Delhi for the July 2023 session. The last date to apply is 20 October 2023. Source
- MA Distance Education Admission 2023-24 has now started at Delhi University SOL. The last date to register is 20 October 2023. Source
- Amity University Delhi NCR is inviting an online application form for admission to the Distance MA course. 20 October 2023 is the expected/tentative last date to apply for admission.
Several well-known private and public schools offer this PG degree program in Delhi-NCR. Students can apply to IGNOU, SOL, CIMT College, Meraki School of Higher Education, and many others. There are different specializations for MA ODL programs in English, history, political science, economics, geography, etc.
- MA Full Form: Masters of Arts
- Eligibility: For enrolling in an MA distance course, you must clear graduation with a BA degree. Any equivalent degree can be acceptable. The scoring criteria at the UG level should be 40% plus.
- Duration: This PG course lasts for almost two years.
- Fee: The average annual course fee is approximately INR 10500 to INR 23700.( As Per University)
- University: Some universities in Delhi offering this course are the Directorate of Distance Education at Maharshi Dayanand University, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Aryabhatta Degree College, etc.
- Career-wise: Upon completing this degree, multiple job profiles are available. An individual can make his/her career as a social worker, consultant, journalist, content writer, etc. There is an annual earning of INR 2-9 LPA.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Highlights
|Admission Process||Direct Admission|
|Course Fee||INR 10500 – INR 23700 ( As per University)|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2-5 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Nifty, SBI, HDFC, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Consultancies, Banks, Schools, Colleges, Law Firms, etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||Administrative Officer, Business Consultants, Finance Manager, Human Resource Manager|
Latest University Distance Education 2023-24
|Allahabad State University||Kakatiya University|
|Annamalai University||Kalinga University|
|Bareilly International University||Kurukshetra University|
|Integral University||Kuvempu University|
|Jaipur National University||Subharti University|
MA Distance Education in Delhi Admission 2023
MA distance education courses in Delhi are offered under numerous state institutions like IGNOU, SOL DU, etc. The master’s degree program admission will be given to candidates on the entrance and non-entrance. MA ODL programs have various specializations like MA in Economics, English, Hindi, Political Science, and more.
The admission process of Indira Gandhi National Open University is going on for MA distance education program admission 2023-24, Interested Students can apply for admission to the MA distance program before the last date of 20 October 2023.
Admissions to the MA Distance program are open in July/January at IGNOU. However, candidates seeking admission to SOL DU-driven MA distance programs must pass an entrance exam. There is a difference between the fees for IGNOU and MA programs. Nevertheless, fees for respected universities can be found on their official websites. Those with an MA degree can pursue careers as Administrative Managers, Secondary School Teachers, Research Scientists, Program Coordinators, etc.
Eligibility for MA Distance Education in Delhi
MA Distance Education in Delhi Eligibility for the various national capital institutions mentioned below.
- The minimum percentage for the SOL MA program admission is fifty percent. The entrance test is to be held for the PG degree programs.
- IGNOU approves MA admission on the merit of qualifying exam scores.
- The private institutions of Delhi offer admission to the MA-driven programs by the entrance or non-entrance-based,
MA Distance Education in Delhi
Admitted students in the MA ODL program can take the following duration to complete the degree.
- The minimum duration for the national capital-based colleges’ MA ODL program is two years.
- Students shall have a duration of four/or five years (According to the institute’s norms) to complete the MA ODL program.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Fee
MA ODL Fee varies in the private and state-run institutions for the various specialized programs. We have detailed a few institutions’ MA ODL fees below to understand the diversity.
- IGNOU MA History and MA English program fees are INR 13,600. Aspirants can deposit the MA History program fee yearly. The year-wise fee is INR 6,800.
- SOL DU MA Hindi, History, Political Science, Political Science first semester fee for the general category is INR 4990.
- The private institutions’ average MA ODL two-year degree program fee is between INR 12,000 to 28,000.
What is it about MA Distance Education in Delhi?
Master of Arts (MA) is a two-year (PG) postgraduate course in non-scientific subjects pursued after finishing a Bachelor of Arts degree in a similar topic. Candidates who wish to become skillful in their subject of study are advised to track this course. However, it the necessary to be ready to study for more extended periods as this course is full of research and information. MA course provides a stronghold on a subject that can help the student make a promising career for himself.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Specializations
|Master of Fine Arts||Master of Arts in Mathematics|
|Master of Arts in History||Master of Arts in Public Administration|
|Master of Arts in English||Master of Arts in Teaching|
|Master of Arts in Political Science||Master of Arts in Geography|
|Master of Political Science||Master of Arts in Philosophy|
|Master of Arts in Education|
MA Distance Education in Delhi: Course Specialization
|MA||MA (Tourism Management)|
|MA (Rural Development)||MA (Operations Research)|
|MA (English)||MA (History)|
|MA (Fine Arts)||MA (Geography)|
|MA (Advertising & Public Relations)||MA (Philosophy)|
|MA (Human Rights)||MA (Physical Education)|
|MA (Education)||MA (Home Science)|
|MA (NGO Management)||MA (Public Relations)|
|MA (Geology)||MA (Criminal Justice)|
|MA (Music)||MA (Public Administration)|
|MA (Fine Arts)||MA (Fashion Design)|
|MA (Bengali)||MA (Civil Services)|
|MA (Hindi)||MA (Social Work)|
|MA (Human Development)||MA (Sociology)|
|MA (Environmental Sciences)||MA (Visual Arts)|
|MA (Political Science)||MA (Food Nutrition)|
|MA (Sanskrit)||MA (Yoga and Naturopathy)|
|MA (Journalism & Mass Communication)||MA (Mathematics) (more)|
|MA (Library & Information Sciences)|
- Business House
- Foreign Affairs
- Law Firms
- Tourism Industry
- Public Works
- Educational Institutes
The candidates can get jobs in top sectors like Program Managers, Elementary School Teachers, Student Services coordinators, Administrative Assistants, etc.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Job Types
- Business Houses
- Public Works
- Tourism Industry
- Law Firms
- News & Media
- Educational Institutes
- Foreign Affairs
- Industrial Houses
- Administrative Officer
- Social Worker
- Production Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- labor-management Relations Specialist
- Research and Development Managers
- Business Consultants
- Finance Managers
- Marketing Managers
MA Distance Education in Delhi Graduates’ salaries
MA Distance Education graduates in Delhi make between INR 2 LPA and INR 9 LPA on average. This salary varies according to the candidate’s skills and experience. The pay may also be affected by the company’s location, job title, and industry type. Experienced candidates with relevant skills may earn more. The salary may also increase with promotions and additional responsibilities.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
- Hindu College
- Shri Ram College of Commerce
- Aryabhatta Degree College
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- University of Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Gargi College
- Ramjas College
- Jamia Hamdard University
- St. Stephen’s College
- Indraprastha College for Women
- Maharaja Agrasen College
- Lovely Professional University
- Amity University
- Delhi Degree College
- Hans Raj College
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
- Sri Venkateswara College
- Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- Mahatma Gandhi University
MA Colleges in Delhi
The Top universities and colleges are providing MA Distance Education in Delhi. The students can check the names of the Top MA Distance education Colleges in Delhi:
- Lady Shri Ram College For Women, New Delhi
- Miranda House College, New Delhi
- St. Stephens College, New Delhi
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Gargi College, New Delhi
MA Distance Education in Delhi Syllabus
|Semester Number||Subjects of study|
|I||Numeric/ Alpha Numeric code|
|II||Numeric/ Alpha Numeric code|
|III||Numeric/ Alpha Numeric code|
|IV||Numeric/ Alpha Numeric code|
MA Distance Education in Delhi CareerWise
Students can choose between higher education or rich job opportunities after completing their MA Distance Education in Delhi colleges or universities. A Ph.D. in a related subject and a career in college teaching will enhance academic profiles. Thus, Students will stay connected to the education world and learn new things.
After completing the MA ODL PG degree program, graduates can pursue multiple professional career opportunities, including Senior CSE, Private School Teacher, Photographer, Insurance Executive, Content Writer, and more. A candidate can begin a professional career in any of the above-mentioned job profiles with a basic pay of INR 2-3 LPA.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Specializations
MA ODL programs are offered in various specializations. Let’s learn one by one below.
MA Fine Arts ODL
- MA fine arts in the distance mode allows aspirants to study several exciting streams such as theatre, dance, filmmaking, graphic design, creative writing, etc.
- By doing the PG degree in mentioned subjects, candidates can engage in excellent job profiles like creative director, set designer, music teacher, editor, production artist, and more. The average salary of the art director is between INR 3.3 to 5.4 LPA.
MA History ODL
- MA History ODL is introduced to provide in-depth information to world and national history learners. The course deals with economics, politics, geography, science, linguistics, etc., subjects.
- A completed degree holder in the MA History ODL can make a career as a historian, archaeologist, archivist, history teacher, history professor, curator, and more. The average salary of the MA History professionals in the mentioned job profiles is INR 4 LPA.
MA Astrology Distance Education
- A bachelor’s degree in Science or Arts or Commerce stream must be required for MA Astrology distance education admission in Delhi.
- The duration of the MA Jyotish program is 2 to 4 years.
- IGNOU offered MA Jyotish or MA Astrology distance education courses at the fee range of Rs 6,500 per year.
MA Distance Education in Delhi
MA English is a two-year ODL degree program. It is mainly designed to cover British, Indian, African, Australian, Caribbean, and American literature. However, the program also has a broader reach in different sections of the world.
The program includes sonnets, prose, poetry, short stories, and novels from well-known writers such as Edmund Spenser, William Shakespeare, John Milton, Charlotte Bronte, Whiteman, etc.
The MA English ODL program graduates will have the chance to pursue further education and a career as a lecturer. However, the candidates for the MA in English have the following work opportunities right away: content writing, translation, team/organization speaker, anchor, PR, copywriter, etc. An MA English professional makes INR 3.2 LPA on average.
IGNOU MA Distance Education Delhi
IGNOU offers numerous options in the ODL mode for the MA two-year degree program. The learners can apply to the July/January session in MA Urdu, pol science, history, sociology, economics, public administration, anthropology, English, Hindi, and more. At present, Admission has started for the distance MA course for the July 2023 session, and the last date to register for online application for admission to the MA Distance course is 30 September 2023.
Admission to IGNOU’s proposed MA ODL programs shall be given to those who have passed a bachelor’s degree. The university will not hold any entrance for the MA-driven program’s admission.
SOL DU MA Distance Education Delhi
SOL DU MA ODL admission is offered after the clearance in the university entrance exam. The university proposes programs for MA history, pol science, Hindi, etc. Admission eligibility for the SOL DU programs is given below.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Eligibility for SOL DU
- MA History: Passed a BA Hons degree program from the SOL DU or any other university with the lowest score of 60 percent.
- MA Pol Science: BA Hons History from the SOL DU/DU or any other university with a minimum percentage of 50 percent.
- MA Hindi: Students should have passed the bachelor’s degree from SOL or any other UGC or Deb-approved university.
MA Distance Education in Delhi: Jamia Hamdard Admission
Jamia Hamdard offers MA distance education in Delhi at very affordable prices. Students can pursue an MA from this university by using INR 12,500 per semester. The minimum eligibility for this course is graduation from an authorized university with 45% marks. Interested candidates can apply for admission at the university portal-www.ums.jamiahamdard.ac.in. The fee details for the course are as follows:
|MA Admission Fee For||Fee|
|Admission Fee (one time)||INR 5,000|
|Enrolment Fee (one time)||INR 5,000|
|Library Deposit (refundable)||INR 5,000|
|Examination Fee||INR 12500|
Jamia Milia Islamia MA Distance Education in Delhi
JMI is one of the popular universities located in Delhi. It offers several UG & PG courses including an MA distance education course. Interested applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream with 45% marks to get admission to the MA program at this university.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Admission Process
To get admission to the MA distance program in established Delhi universities or colleges, one must follow the instructions given in the online/offline mode.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Online Admission Process
- Register online by visiting the official MA Distance Education program admission website.
- Complete the application with all the necessary information.
- After paying the application cost, click the “Submit” button.
- Print off the application, so you have it for another time.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Offline Admission Process
- Visit the downloads area of any UGC-approved university/college. Save the “S Application Form.”
- Offline blank application forms for the MA distance program can be collected from an authorized campus/university.
- A candidate must complete the form in accordance with the instructions provided on it.
- All mandatory sections of the MA DDE program should be filled out accurately.
- The candidate must next submit the forms and the necessary paperwork.
- The student may deliver the application to the office in person or via registered mail.
MA Distance Education in Delhi Documentation needed
- Properly completed application.
- The entrance confirmation fee is paid via bank/DD.
- Two most recent passport photos
- Self-attested photocopies of your Class 10 and 12 diplomas
- Original Transfer Certificate
- A photocopy of the candidate’s Reserve Category Certificate that has been self-attested (If any)
- Original income tax form (BPL Ration Card)
- A certificate of disability (if applicable)
- ID Card, Aadhaar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Can an MA be done in distance education?
Ans: Yes, the course has been approved by UGC-DEB. Students can pursue the course in distance mode. Students can apply for the course at DU SOL, IGNOU, and JMI.
Ques: What is the scope of an MA in distance education?
Ans: Students can apply for several jobs in both the government and private sectors. They can become a teacher, civil service officer, and more.
Be the first to leave a review.