MA Geography Distance Education Admission 2023: At present, the Application form for distance MA admission is available on the official website of IGNOU, BAOU, KUK, KKHSOU, Andhra University, MDU, and more universities. The last date for submission of the registration form varies from university to university. The last date announced by IGNOU for submission of applications for correspondence MA Geography admission 2023 for the July session is 30 June 2023. Candidates who complete their UG degree in the relevant stream are eligible for MA distance education admission for the January 2023 session.
In this course, Students learn about food issues, and the Different Qualities of environmental planning related to lands. This article discloses all the information related to the MA Geography Distance course in the below section.
- The last date to apply for MA Geography distance education admission at Mumbai University is 30 June 2023. Source
- MA Geography Distance Education Admission is going on at IGNOU. The admission deadline is 30 June 2023. Click Here
- Full-Form: Masters of Arts in Geography
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 50% marks from a recognized university
- Fee: Approx INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per year
- Top University: IGNOU, Jiwaji University, MP Bhoj Open University, etc.
- Career-Wise: Work as Surveyor, Demographer, Town Planner, Geographic Consultant, Post Secondary Teacher, and more.
The Master of Arts in Geography is a two-year master’s degree program. This course is divided into four semesters. The curriculum of this course covers the advanced academic exploration of Earth Sciences, Lands, and Physical and Economic aspects.
The process of MA Geography distance admission is simple; aspirants must pass their graduation with at least 50% in any stream from a recognized university. After completing this course, candidates can work in emergency management, environmental planning, professor, land surveyor, and many other valuable positions.
- The course covers regional and international understanding of the earth’s surface, landforms, and environment.
- Every year, around 25,600 people study MA Geography Distance Education in India.
- To apply for this program, students must have a Bachelor’s degree in Geography from a recognized university.
- Students will be admitted to this course based on their performance in the admission exams or their achievement in the Bachelor’s degree exams.
MA Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Arts in Geography|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance based|
Graduation from a recognized university
|Average Fee||Approx INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per year|
|Average Salary Offered||2.5 Lakh Per Annum|
|Employment Role||Geographer, Cartographer, etc.|
Is Distance MA Geography Worth it?
Learning the geography of the world is a vast subject. This distance professional program in Geography can be worth it if you get extraordinary geographical skills and earn a degree from the best art institute in India.
- Skills: Getting a distance degree in MA Geography can teach you skills in digital data processing, quantitative techniques, soil-water analyzing skills, field report preparing skills, surveying methods, human development skills, remote sensing skills, travel skills, and writing skills.
- Time Flexibility: Distance learning in MA Geography has a time flexibility benefit. This advantage allows students to learn and cover the syllabus according to speed.
- Fee and cost: This research program costs very low compared to doing MA geography through regular mode. The learning cost for this program is between INR 10,000 to 25,000 per annum.
- Earn While You Learn: This MA program gives you the option of doing a job along with its study.
Latest University Distance Education 2023
|Allahabad State University||Kakatiya University|
|Annamalai University||Kalinga University|
|Bareilly International University||Kurukshetra University|
|Integral University||Kuvempu University|
|Jaipur National University||Subharti University|
MA Geography Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission to the MA Geography distance education course has been going on at IGNOU, KUK DDE, Kerala University, Calicut University, Bharathiar University, etc., until 30 June 2023. The admission process for distance MA Geography courses varies in different universities.
Individuals who find themselves eligible to take admission can apply by following the admission process of their desired university. Some of the common information that candidates must know about the course before filling out the admission form are as follow:
- MA Geography distance education is a 2-year durational course.
- Candidates must have passed out a bachelor’s degree to take admitted to this master’s level geography course.
- Candidates need to go through the official website or visit the university campus to fill out the registration form.
- In state and central institutions, the fee for an MA in geography taken at a distance can be anywhere from INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 per year.
- There are many areas of geography that should be covered in the MA Geography course, including climatology, pedology, biogeography, political and historical geography, and more.
- Getting an MA in geography through distance education is a great way to learn about geography, and the institution’s e-Learning materials are an excellent resource for doing so.
- Through the course, students will be able to save valuable time, money, and other costs, such as travel, by taking the course.
MA Geography Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates with an approved degree of BA geography from any known and recognized institute in India with at least 57% of marks are eligible to apply for entry into this program.
- One can go for a Ph.D. if one desires to continue the learning process after this course.
- Master of Arts (Geography) can be gained by anyone who has passed their bachelor’s Degree in Arts from a reputed university or college.
MA Geography Distance Education Fee
- The candidates can check the Course MA Geography Distance Education Average Fee range is INR 2,000- INR 50,000 per annum.
- We mentioned here only approximate Fees for the Master of Arts (Geography). It could be changed according to the university Guidelines.
MA Geography Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Prospective students accept applications for this class. Students can submit an application for Master of Arts in Geography admission for the upcoming session, which universities will soon announce on their official portal.
Online Admission Procedure
- Firstly students need to move on to the university/college website link.
- On the website link, the application form will be available.
- On the application form, fill in the all-important details as required.
- After filling in all details, check it properly and attach the required documents.
- After completing all processes, click on the submit button.
Offline Admission Procedure
- For admission in offline mode, candidates need to visit the University/College website.
- Through the official website, download the application form and take a printout.
- In the given blank box, fill details as required.
- Attach all required documents, and make a demand draft in favor of the university/college.
- Submit the application form through courier and another medium at the university/college campus.
Required Documents for MA Geography Distance Education
Students are also required to send or mail scanned document copies of their early academics, which includes
- Graduation Mark Sheet and degree
- 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Habitation Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
Top 5 Colleges for MA Geography Distance Education
|2||Nalanda Open University||Patna (Bihar)|
|3||Netaji Subhash Open University||West Bengal|
|4||Jiwaji University||Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)|
|5||Madhya Pradesh Bhoj open university||Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)|
Some Universities and Colleges are offering MA in Geography Distance Education, like Delhi University and IGNOU. The Students can apply for the MA Geography course by IGNOU.
The students can check the name of top MA Geography Colleges in India;
- BHU, Varanasi
- JNU, New Delhi
- Delhi University, New Delhi
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
IGNOU MA Geography Distance Education Admission
- MA Geography Distance Education at IGNOU is available for admission into the July session. Students who have completed their graduation degree in geography are eligible to apply. Distance MA in Geography is a two-year postgraduate degree that focuses on geomorphology, geography’s nature, and economic geography.
SOL DU MA Geography Distance Education Admission
- “Master of Arts in Geography” is a two-year program spread over four semesters, comprising 18 courses of 90 credits (5 credits per course). Within the two years, a student has to complete 20 credits each in semesters 1 and 2, which is equivalent to four courses per semester (three core and one elective course), and 25 credits each in semesters 3 and 4, which is equal to five lessons per semester (two-seat and three elective courses).
- The ten core courses cover central and vital areas of geography, about which all students should know. These ten courses are classifiable as follows, as per the traditional classification of knowledge:
Check some important points given below:
- Theoretical Base
- Methodological Base
- Systematic Approach
- Regional Approach
MA Geography Distance Education KUK
Kurukshetra University offered an MA Geography distance education course at the fee range of Rs 8800/-. Candidates who pass in BA or BSc with Geography as one of the subjects from any recognized university can apply for admission to this course at KUK.
MA Geography Distance Education from MDU
Admission to the MA Geography distance learning course at MDU requires a bachelor’s degree or Shastri examination of 3 years or 45% marks. Candidates need to pay Rs 1910 annual fees for this program. The application window of this university opens for both January and July sessions.
Career Options After MA Geography Distance Education
- GIS and Remote Sensing
- Agricultural Research
- Environment Protection Agencies
- Gas Exploration Companies
- Oil Drilling Companies
- Solid Waste Disposal
- Government Research Institutes
The candidates can get the jobs like Geographer, Agricultural Specialist, Demographer, Cartographer, Professor, Forest Manager, Teacher, and many more.
- Agricultural Specialist
- Forest Manager
- GIS and Remote Sensing Specialist
- Regional and Urban Planner
Salary after MA Geography Distance Education
In India, a graduate with an MA in geography can expect to make between INR 3 LPA and INR 9 LPA on average. There are many things that can affect a person’s income. Experience in the field, people skills, and the area of specialization are all things that can affect a person’s income. The job placement opportunities offered by a college or university may have a big effect on a graduate’s salary after graduation.
MA Geography Distance Education Fee Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650 – 1500|
|Reg. Fees||500 – 1200||1000-2000|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500||6000- 12000|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000||500- 1000|
|R.R fees||800 – 1000 per year||800 – 1000 per year|
|Exam Fees||1000 – 2500 per year||2000- 3000 per year|
|Course Fees||8000-12,000 per year||Varies according to University|
|Total Fees||15,000/y* approx||20,000/y* approx|
MA Geography Distance Education Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Geomorphology||Geohydrology and Oceanography||Social, Cultural, and Settlement Geography||Resource Planning and Development|
|Climatology and Soil Geography||Bio-Geography||Population and Human Development||Regional Planning and Development|
|Nature of Geography||Historical and Political Geography||Regions and Regional Entity of India and West Bengal||Land-use Planning and Rural Development|
|Economic Geography||Geographical Thought||Special Paper (A, B, C, D) (Theory)||Special Paper (A, B, C, D) (Theory)|
|Quantitative Techniques and Digital Data Processing||Cartographic Techniques and Map Projection||Applied Statistical Techniques in Geography||Remote Sensing and Geographical|
|Soil – Water Analysis, Surveying, and Field Report||Thematic Mapping and Geographical Information System||Special Paper (A, B, C, D) (Practical)||Information System|
|Term Paper (On Respective Special Papers)|
MA Geography Distance Education In India
Those who have earned their bachelor’s degree in the pertinent discipline can enroll in distant MA Geography courses at many universities across different Indian states. In India, the states of Maharastra, UP, West Bengal, Delhi, Haryana, etc., are some of the most popular for MA Geography remote learning.
In India, a specialized program in the arts stream is called MA Geography Online Education. Several students enroll each year in this MA program in India. The growing number of students enrolling in MA programs demonstrates India’s strong literacy rate in geography. Students can get in touch with us for additional information.
MA Geography Distance Education Admission in Noida
- MA Geography ODL program admission window will be opened in the various institutions of Noida. Some of the best colleges or institutions established in Noida for MA Geography program admission include CIIS India and the regional center of IGNOU.
- The admission cycles of the PG Geography-oriented program open in July/January. Applicants shall get admission to the ODL program of MA Geography based on their scores in Bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream. The average application fee for the MA Geography ODL program ranges from INR 200-500. Fees deposits are allowed via Debit/Credit Card, UPI, or Net Banking.
MA Geography Distance Education Delhi
- The Delhi Located colleges/universities opens the door to MA Geography program admission in the Calendar/Academic Year Cycle. Some approved institutions or universities for the program is Indira Gandhi National Open University, Jamia Millia Islamia, etc. Admission to the MA Geography program in the ODL mode can be taken after passing the basic eligibility of the UG degree in Geography.
- Candidates seeking admission to the PG geography program at JMI will be required to pass the university entrance exam. The registration fee for the MA Geography ODL program swings from INR 300 to 600. Course fees for the MA Geography program in Delhi Based institutions can be seen between INR 9,000 to 14,000. The fee is required to be deposited in a yearly mode.
MA Geography Distance Education Admission in Mumbai
- To find a suitable college for the MA Geography ODL program in Mumbai Located institution/college, candidates must check the following lists: Institute of Distance & Open Learning, Nagindas Khandwala College, SIES College of Management Studies, Jeevandeep Shaikshanik Sanstha, etc. An average or approximate fee for Geography centered PG program is INR 10,000 to 25,000 per year.
- There are a number of colleges and universities located in Delhi that offer MA Geography course admissions for the calendar year and academic year cycle. A few of the universities or institutions that have been approved as part of this program include Indira Gandhi National Open University, Jamia Millia Islamia, etc. As long as the basic eligibility requirements for the UG degree in Geography have been met, the student can be admitted to the MA Geography program in the ODL mode.
MA Geography Distance Education Admission in Pune
- The door of admission in online/offline mode for the MA Geography program opens every year in either academic or calendar year cycles. Available universities or colleges for the MA Geography program in Pune comprise DR D Y Patil University, UNIPUNE, Shreemati Nathbai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University, and more.
- The admission to this PG degree program is completely grown on academic merit. A fee that applicants may expect for the Geography program at the master’s level is INR 10,000 to 25,000 per year. The prescribed fee for the MA Geography program in open and distance universities or colleges can be deposited online. Entrance exams are excluded from admission to the Pune-established MA Geography Universities.
MA Geography Distance Education Scope
The placement of MA Geography graduates in any company is considered a cakewalk. After the course is completed, the aspirants have a good job scope and skill set. The more education graduates have, the better able they are to work. The following fields may be of interest to MA Geography graduates:
- Remote Sensing
- Forest Administrator
FAQs Regarding MA Geography Distance Education?
Ques. How can I be admitted to MA Geography Course?
Ans. Just fill out the query form, and the counselor will call you back.
Ques. How can I pay the fees?
Ans. Students can pay their fees by online payment procedures, like Pay pal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques. What is the Admission Procedure MA Geography Course?
Ques. What is the Fees-Structure of the MA Geography Course?
Ans. INR 20260/Year
Ques. What is the qualification for MDU MA Geography?
Ans: A bachelor’s degree or Shastri examination of 3-year duration the with at least 45% marks is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for admission to MA Geography distance education admission.
Be the first to leave a review.