MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023: This is a two-year master’s degree program focusing on social prospects. Distance MA in Sociology comprises four semesters over two years. Societies and their processes will be examined in depth in this course. MA sociology distance education applications are now open for the July 2023 session; Interested students can apply for admission before the last date of 20 October 2023.
- Calicut University SDE commenced the online registration for the distance MA Sociology admission for the session 2023-24. The last date for registration with a fine of Rs. 1000 is 20 October 2023. Source
- Madras University IDE has started the admission for the MA Sociology distance learning program for session 2023-24. The last date for admission is 20 October 2023. Source
- DU SOL has extended the date of admission for the MA Sociology distance education program for the session 2023-24. The last date to apply is 20 October 2023. (Click Here)
- The date of IGNOU MA Sociology distance education admission has been extended for the 2023 July session. The admission deadline to register is 20 October 2023. (Click Here)
- MKU MA Sociology ODL admissions have been started for the session 2023-24. The last date of admission is extended till 20 October 2023. Source
- The deadline announced by Mumbai University for correspondence MA Sociology admission was 10 October 2023. Source
- Full-Form: Masters of Arts in Sociology
- Eligibility: Graduates with a minimum of 50% from an accredited college or university
- Duration: Minimum 2 years & Maximum 5 years.
- Fee: Approximately INR 15,000 to INR 20,000 per year.
- Top University: CDOL JMI, IGNOU, Annamalai University, KSOU, SOL DU, and more.
- Career-wise: They can work in international organizations, law firms, and HR departments.
Generally. MA Sociology Distance Education Admission is based on the merit score and there is no entrance for this course. Among the common job profiles for MA Sociology Distance Education are researchers, counselors, consultants, administrators, and others. After this course, Students also can pursue a Sociology degree with an M.Phil. Or a Ph.D. in Sociology.
MA Sociology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MA Sociology Distance Education|
|Duration||2 years are divided into 4 semesters.|
|Fees Approx||INR 15,000 to INR 20,000 Per Year|
|Average Salary||INR 2.4 LPA to INR 4.8 LPA.|
Is Distance MA Sociology worth it?
Yes, a distance MA Sociology course is worth getting high-salaried job positions in government and private sectors, even in many NGOs.
- Skills: The student learning an MA Sociology Distance Education course can acquire social skills that are not only essential for the professional but also from a personal perspective. Other skills are collaboration, communication, critical thinking, decision-making, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: In the distance MA Sociology course, time flexibility, or flextime, is the way for students to decide about their study hours how long they will study, and through which method.
- Fee and Cost: Every student can complete higher studies like distance MA Sociology courses via distance mode with a fee of INR 15000 to 20000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: In distance MA Sociology, candidates can work and study by managing the study and working hours effectively due to time flexibility.
Latest University Distance Education 2023
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023
MA Sociology admission is started for the July session of 2023. The universities that offer admission to the MA Sociology program for the academic sessions are Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), Calicut University, Dibrugarh University, etc. These institutions provide offline or online modes for individuals to take admission.
Admission to the MA Sociology Distance Education can be taken after passing a UG degree in the same stream. Marks’ requirements may differ from university to university for admission. The applicants would get the MA Sociology program eligibility details in the developed section of the article.
There is an application fee of 500-700 INR for MA-specialized PG degree programs. In general, the PG Sociology program costs around INR 18,000. Students can pay their MA Sociology fees semester by semester. To pay the MA Sociology program fee, students can use offline or online options such as cash, demand draft, debit card, net banking, and credit card.
The MA Sociology 2-year PG program offers foundation sociology, urban sociology, social problems, and methodology research courses. Students who choose the distance program of MA Sociology benefit from comparatively low fees, the freedom to study on their terms, and no time limits.
Eligibility for MA Sociology Distance Education
- The students must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Students can apply for an M.PHIL degree after this course.
- MA Sociology distance education can be pursued by anyone who has passed their bachelor’s degree in Arts from a reputed university or college.
MA Sociology Distance Education Fee
- The candidates can check the MA Sociology distance education Average Fee range of INR 15,000 – INR 20,000 Per Year.
- We mentioned here only approximate Fees for Master of Arts (Sociology). It could be changed according to the university Guidelines.
MA Sociology Distance Education Application Form
The Application form for MA Sociology Distance Education admission 2023-24 is now available on the official portal of IGNOU, TNOU, DU SOL, Madras University, UOU, KKSHOU, and other universities that offer MA Sociology distance learning programs. Eligible candidates shall submit an online/offline application form along with the application form fee of Rs 300 to Rs 800 and a hard copy/scanned copy of the required documents. Most application form is available on the online portal of Universities.
The document required for MA Sociology distance education is given below. Students are also required to send, or mail scanned document copies of their early academics, which includes
- Graduation Mark Sheet and degree
- 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Habitation Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
|Corporate Research Firms||Communications Industry||Politics|
|Education Sector||Humanitarian Organizations like the United Nations Organization (UNO)||Public Relations|
|Corporations||Communications Industry||Radio Stations|
|Foreign Aid Programs||Journalism||Social Work|
|Criminal Justice Field||Labour Unions||Television Studios|
|Human Services||Newspapers||Research Organisations|
|Hospitals||Civil Services||Youth Services|
After finishing the MA in Sociology Distance Education, you will have access to various jobs. Candidates can secure employment with prestigious companies such as Bayer Crop Science, Monsanto India, and Buhler India, among others.
|Social Worker||Marriage Counselor|
|Census worker||Human Services Assistant|
|Research Assistant||Rehabilitation Counselor|
|Family Counselor||Social Critic|
- Salary: After completing an MA in Sociology distance education, The candidates can get an average salary of Rs 3,50,000 to Rs 6,50,000 LPA.
MA Sociology Distance Education in India
Several Public & private universities offer admission to the MA Sociology distance education programs in India. A candidate in India can complete their Master of Arts degree in Sociology through distance learning mode by paying fees of INR 15,000 to INR 20,000 Per Year. Following is the list of some universities, including private, central, state, and deemed universities that offered admission to this program for the academic year session 2023-24:
MA Sociology Top Colleges in India
The candidates can check the names of top MA Sociology colleges in India
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Nizam College, Hyderabad
- St. Mira’s College for Girls, Pune
- Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi
MA Sociology Distance Education Fee-Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650 – 1500|
|Reg. Fees||500 – 1200||1000 – 2000|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500||6000 – 12000|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000||500 – 1000|
|R.R fees||800 – 1000 per year||800 – 1000 per year|
|Exam Fees||1000 – 2500 per year||2000- 3000 per year|
|Course Fees||8000-12,000 per year||Varies according to University to University|
|Total Fees||15,000 per year approx||20,000 per year approx|
MA Sociology Distance Education Syllabus
|I Year||II Year|
|MSO-101||Sociological Theories||MSO-201||Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology|
|MSO-102||Research Methods and Statistics||MSO-202||Sociology of Change and Development|
|MSO-103||Medical Sociology||MSO-203||Criminology and Penology|
|MSO-104||Advanced Sociology Principles||MSO-204||Industry & Society in India|
|MSO-105||Internship & Training||MSO-205||Internship & Training|
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1. How can I be admitted to the MA Sociology distance education?
Ans. Applicants can apply for admission via the Internet or mail (i.e., filling out the application form with your handwriting). If you have any difficulties in filling out the form, you can also talk to our expert. All documents can be mailed to your email address, and the fee can be paid online.
Ques 2. How can I pay fees?
Ans. Students can pay their fees by online payment procedures, like Paypal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques 3. Is this MA Sociology distance education course approved for my job?
Ans. Yes, the Courses offered by our institute that UGC and DEB approve. These courses are valid for Govt jobs and any govt examination.
Ques 4: Is it worth doing an MA in Sociology from IGNOU?
Ans. Distance Education Bureau and University Grant Commission recognize IGNOU’s MA in Sociology program. Having completed IGNOU’s course, degree holders will also be able to get numerous job opportunities in the job market after graduation.
Ques 5: What is the benefit of MA Sociology Distance Education?
Ans. MA in sociology is a great way to get into therapy and Counselling. The study of MA Sociology Distance Education can lead to a rewarding career as a counselor or behavioral therapist in such areas as education, healthcare, governance, or community service.
Be the first to leave a review.