MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023: This is a two-year master’s degree program focusing on social prospects. Distance MA in Sociology comprises four semesters over two years. Societies and their processes will be examined in depth in this course. MA sociology distance education applications will be available soon for the upcoming academic session. Most universities have the last date for admission as 31 March 2023. Eligible applicants must submit the required documents and fees before the last date for admission.
- KKHSOU MA Sociology distance education course admission has been started, students can register themself online at the official website of the university before 25 March 2023. Source
- 31 March 2023 is the last date to apply for an MA Sociology distance education at Tezpur University, students are able to apply for admission at the university admission portal. Source
- BAOU has started MA Sociology distance education admission, students can apply for admission before 31 March 2023 at the official portal of the university. source
- Andhra University SDE MA Sociology distance education admission last date is 31 March 2023 with a late fee of INR 500. Source
- Full-Form: Masters of Arts in Sociology
- Eligibility: Graduates with a minimum of 50% from an accredited college or university
- Duration: Minimum 2 years & Maximum 5 years.
- Fee: Approx INR 15,000 to INR 20,000 per year.
- Top University: CDOL JMI, IGNOU, Annamalai University, KSOU, SOL DU, and more.
- Career-wise: They can work in international organizations, law firms, and HR departments.
Generally. MA Sociology Distance Education Admission is based on the merit score and there is no entrance for this course. Among the common job profiles for MA Sociology Distance Education are researchers, counsellors, consultants, administrators, and others. After this course, Students also can pursue a Sociology degree which M.Phil. Or a PhD in Sociology.
MA Sociology Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||MA Sociology Distance Education|
|Duration||2 years are divided into 4 semesters.|
|Fees Approx||INR 15,000 to INR 20,000 Per Year|
|Average Salary||INR 2.4 LPA to INR 4.8 LPA.|
Is Distance MA Sociology worth it?
Yes, a distance MA Sociology course is worth getting high-salaried job positions in government and private sectors, even in many NGOs.
- Skills: The student learning this course can acquire social skills that are not only essential for the professional but from a personal perspective. Other skills are collaboration, communication, critical thinking, decision-making, and so on.
- Time Flexibility: In the distance MA Sociology course, time flexibility, or flextime, is the way for students to decide about their study hours and how long they will study and through which method.
- Fee and Cost: Every student can complete higher studies like distance MA Sociology courses via distance mode with a fee of INR 15000 to 20000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: In distance MA Sociology, candidates can work and study by managing the study and working hours effectively due to time flexibility.
Latest University Distance Education 2023
MA Sociology Distance Education Admission 2023
MA Sociology admission is started for the January session of 2023. The universities that offer admission to the MA Sociology program for the academic sessions are Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), Calicut University, Dibrugarh University, etc. These institutions provide offline or online modes for individuals to take admission.
Admission to the PG degree in Sociology can be taken after passing a UG degree in the same stream. Marks’ requirements may differ from university to university for admission. The applicants would get the MA Sociology program eligibility details in the developed section of the article.
There is an application fee of 500-700 INR for MA-specialized PG degree programs. In general, the PG Sociology program costs around INR 18,000. Students can pay their MA Sociology fees semester by semester. To pay the MA Sociology program fee, students can use offline or online options such as cash, demand draft, debit card, net banking, and credit card.
The MA Sociology 2-year PG program offers foundation sociology, urban sociology, social problems, and methodology research courses. Students who choose the distance program of MA Sociology benefit from comparatively low fees, the freedom to study on their terms, and no time limits.
Eligibility for MA Sociology Distance Education
- The students must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Students can apply for an M.PHIL degree after this course.
- MA Sociology distance education can be pursued by anyone who has passed their bachelor’s degree in Arts from a reputed university or college.
- The candidates can check the MA Sociology distance education Average Fee range of INR 15,000 – INR 20,000 Per Year.
- We mentioned here only approximate Fees for Master of Arts (Sociology). It could be changed according to the university Guidelines.
MA Sociology Distance education Application Form
Masters of Sociology is a PG-level course with 2 to 4 years. There are lots of universities which is offering these master’s courses like IGNOU, TNOU, DU Sol and many more. The application form for the Distance MA Sociology course is available for those students who have a UG degree. Mostly Application form is available on the online portal of Universities.
The document required for MA Sociology distance education is given below. Students are also required to send, or mail scanned document copies of their early academics, which includes
- Graduation Mark Sheet and degree
- 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Habitation Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
|Corporate Research Firms||Communications Industry||Politics|
|Education Sector||Humanitarian Organizations like United Nations Organization (UNO)||Public Relations|
|Corporations||Communications Industry||Radio Stations|
|Foreign Aid Programs||Journalism||Social Work|
|Criminal Justice Field||Labour Unions||Television Studios|
|Human Services||Newspapers||Research Organisations|
|Hospitals||Civil Services||Youth Services|
After finishing the Master of Arts in Sociology program offered through online education, you will have access to various jobs. Candidates can secure employment with prestigious companies such as Bayer Crop Science, Monsanto India, and Buhler India, among others.
|Social Worker||Marriage Counsellor|
|Census worker||Human Services Assistant|
|Research Assistant||Rehabilitation Counsellor|
|Family Counsellor||Social Critic|
- Salary: After completing an MA in Sociology distance education, The candidates can get an average salary of Rs 3,50,000 to Rs 6,50,000 LPA.
MA Sociology Top Colleges in India
The candidates can check the name of top MA Sociology top colleges in India
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Nizam College, Hyderabad
- St. Mira’s College for Girls, Pune
- Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi
MA Sociology Distance Education Fee-Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650 – 1500|
|Reg. Fees||500 – 1200||1000 – 2000|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500||6000 – 12000|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000||500 – 1000|
|R.R fees||800 – 1000 per year||800 – 1000 per year|
|Exam Fees||1000 – 2500 per year||2000- 3000 per year|
|Course Fees||8000-12,000 per year||Varies according to University to University|
|Total Fees||15,000 per year approx||20,000 per year approx|
MA Sociology Distance Education Syllabus
|I Year||II Year|
|MSO-101||Sociological Theories||MSO-201||Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology|
|MSO-102||Research Methods and Statistics||MSO-202||Sociology of Change and Development|
|MSO-103||Medical Sociology||MSO-203||Criminology and Penology|
|MSO-104||Advanced Sociology Principles||MSO-204||Industry & Society in India|
|MSO-105||Internship & Training||MSO-205||Internship & Training|
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1. How can I be admitted to the MA Sociology distance education?
Ans. One can apply for admission either online or offline ( i.e. filling out the form with your handwriting). If you face any difficulty, you can also talk to our expert. You can mail all documents to your mail id and pay fees online.
Ques 2. How can I pay fees?
Ans. Students can pay their fees by online payment procedures, like Pay pal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques 3. Is this MA Sociology distance education course approved for my job?
Ans. Yes, the Courses offered by our institute that UGC and DEB approve. These courses are valid for Govt jobs and any govt examination.
Ques 4: Is it worth doing MA Sociology from IGNOU?
Ans. Distance Education Bureau and University Grant Commission recognize IGNOU’s MA in Sociology program. Having completed IGNOU’s course, degree holders will also be able to get numerous job opportunities in the job market after graduation.
Ques 5: What is the benefit of MA sociology?
Ans. MA in sociology is a great way to get into therapy and Counselling. The study of sociology can lead to a rewarding career as a counsellor or behavioral therapist in such areas as education, healthcare, governance, or community service
Be the first to leave a review.