MCA Distance Education Admission 2022-23: 31 July is the last date of MCA Distance Education admission in IGNOU. Master in Computer Application is a computer optimization program, in which students acquire advanced computer knowledge. This distance program’s duration is 3 years, and it has six semesters in total for academic study.
The MCA is a six-semester program. Students can complete it in three to 6 Years. Designed to allow students to learn outside of the classroom.
After clearing BCA students can take admission to MCA, and this program has a great scope in IT Companies. This program is meant for people who wish to learn while living far away from an educational place.
MCA Full Form: Masters of Computer Applications
Eligibility: Its eligibility criteria is passing graduation within the same or related field with 50% marks. Students must have studied mathematics in the 12th standard. Some distance colleges may take entry exams with interviews.
Duration: It has a varying time frame between 3 to 6 years.
Fee: The range of its fee is from INR 42000 to INR 300000.
University: There are many institutes in India that are providing such courses via distance mode. Some of those are JNU, Sikkim Manipal University, IGNOU, LPU, TNOU, and many others.
Career-wise: Upon completion of this degree students can get employment on the campus itself. Other job options can be in Networking, Troubleshooting, Application Software, and others. The salary package may start from INR 2 and rise up to INR 13 LPA.
MCA Distance Education Latest Update
- MCA Distance Education for IGNOU Admission has been started on 30 May 2022; the admission last date is 31 July 2022.
- The admission portal of IGNOU is open to candidates who are interested- Click Here
MCA Distance Education Highlights
|Fees||Students to pay INR 42000 to INR 300000 Per Year/*|
|Course Level||Master degree|
|Course Type||Distance Mode|
|Examination Type||Semester system|
|Average Starting Salary||3 to 10 Lakhs per annum|
|Job Positions||Information Systems Manager, Project Leader, Junior Programmer, Software Publisher, Software Developer, Database Administrator, Computer Systems Analyst|
It is possible to complete your MCA degree without regard for time, distance, or location. This course has grown in popularity as millions of Indian students attend distance learning schools. A distance MCA course has many benefits. The ability to study at your own pace is a major benefit. So even busy people can get the education they need without sacrificing other obligations. MCA distance learning is also very flexible. This allows you to study at your own pace and choose your own learning style.
List of Universities for MCA Distance Education
|Madras University||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Madurai Kamraj University||Nims University|
|Maharishi Dayanand University||OPJS University|
|Mangalore University||Osmania University|
|Manonmaniam Sundarnar University||Subharti University|
MCA Distance Education Admission 2022
Admission to MCA distance education has been commenced in numerous UGC institutions across the country. The last date to apply to MCA two-year ODL program for the July session will appear in the third/fourth week of September. This computer application-oriented program can be studied at Anna University, IGNOU, Chandigarh University, etc. Individuals can use offline/online mode to register and take admission for the MCA two-year pg program.
Admission to the MCA program in ODL can be taken after performing enough in qualifying or entrance exam. The minimum eligibility to get admission to a PG degree program in computer application is a BCA degree. Application and first semester/yearly fees of the MCA program are INR 500, and INR 24,000. Individuals need to deposit both to confirm admission.
MCA program in distance education is evolved to teach several factors associated with information technology such as maths foundation, operating systems, web technology, file, and data structure, wireless communication, etc. The distance education program of MCA holds various benefits in comparison with the traditional mode of study. We will learn about the advantages of the MCA distance education program in the “MCA Scope” section of this article.
IGNOU MCA Distance Education Admission 2022
The broad objective of the Master of Computer Applications programme is to prepare graduate students for
productive careers in the software industry and academia by providing an environment for teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline. The Programme’s thrust is on giving the students a thorough and sound background in theoretical and application-oriented courses relevant to the latest computer software development.
Eligibility: Passed BCA/B.Sc (Computer Science/IT)/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or Equivalent Degree with at least 50% marks in the Bachelor‘s Degree (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
Medium of Instruction: English
MCA Distance Education Eligibility
- Students should have passed a bachelor’s degree in BCA or equivalent.
- Need to pass any of the entrance exams: BHU, PET, TANCET, CMAT, IPU, CET, NIMCET, UPSEE.
- The minimum duration for the course is two years.
- The Duration of a Master of Computer Applications is 3 years, divided into a number of semesters which are usually six in number. Generally, the 1st year course is aimed at skills development, the 2nd year is providing a conceptual framework and the 3rd year provides the project work.
- M.C.A. is perfectly suited for B.C.A. students as they already have a foundation favorable for pursuing this degree.
- MCA course completely designed to meet the IT requirements.
- MCA is also meant for those graduates who want a productive career in the software industry or academia.
- Those who have interested in designing and building complex commercial application software and system software must take this degree.
What are the benefits of MCA Distance Learning?
- An MCA distance education course is a course that takes place away from the classroom. The lack of time, distance, or physical restrictions has led to millions of students in India attending distance learning schools.
- The cost of schooling can be reduced by lowering acceptance rates and providing books.
- People can study and work. This is a huge advantage for underprivileged Indian children. It enables them to balance academics and careers.
- MCA Distance Education is available at many colleges, offering students a wider range of academic options.
- A degree in computer applications can be earned by taking a distance education course.
- It keeps you up-to-date without causing you to leave your work.
MCA Distance Education Syllabus
|Sem. I||Sem. II|
|Subjects of Study||Subjects of Study|
|Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science||Organizational Structure and Personnel Management|
|Accounting and Financial Management||Data and File Structure Using ‘C’|
|Computer Organization||Object-Oriented Systems in C++|
|Computer and ‘C’ Programming||Computer-Based Numerical & Statistical Techniques|
|Paradigms of Programming||Combinatory & Graph Theory|
|UNIX & Shell Programming||Computer Architecture & Microprocessor|
|Programming Lab||Data Structure Lab|
|Organization Lab||C++ Lab|
|Unix /Linux & Shell Programming Lab||Microprocessor Lab|
|General Proficiency||General proficiency|
|Sem. III||Sem. IV|
|Computer Networks||Visual Basic|
|Design & Analysis of Algorithm||Modeling and Simulation|
|Operating System||Software Engineering|
|Database Management System||Elective I (any one of the following)|
|Internet & JAVA Programming||Foundation of e-Commerce|
|System Programming||Computer Graphics & Animation|
|DBMS Lab||Software Engineering Lab|
|JAVA Lab||Computer Graphics Lab|
|DAA Lab||Visual Basic Lab|
|General Proficiency||General Proficiency|
|Sem. V||Sem. VI|
|WEB Technology||Industrial Project|
|Elective II (any one of the following)|
|Net FrameWork & C|
|Elective III (any one of the following)|
|Management Information System|
|WEB Technology Lab|
|Net FrameWork & C-Lab|
MCA Distance Education Skills Required
- To be the best programmer, you must have a great command of programming languages such as C, C++, Java, etc.
- If you wanna go to the networking field, then you need to get good skills in SQL, LINUX, etc.
MCA Distance Education Universities
The admission seekers for the MCA course have plenty of options in India as far as the quality institution is concerned. Universities that have established themselves over the period have initiated this valuable course for aspiring students. Some of the universities which offer distance education for MCA courses are:
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University
- Jaipur National University
- University of Mumbai
- Lovely Professional University
- Madras University Distance Education
IGNOU MCA Admission 2022
The goal of the MCA programme is to educate graduate students for successful careers in the software industry and academia by providing an ideal environment for teaching and research. The focus of the curriculum is to provide students with a thorough and solid foundation in theoretical and application-oriented courses relevant to the most recent computer software development.
This Master’s Degree Program is structured in a semester-based format. The first-year courses focus on the acquisition of theoretical knowledge and practical abilities in core computer science areas. The second-year emphasizes advanced courses that provide a conceptual framework as well as project work.
Eligibility Criteria: Passed BCA/B.Sc (Computer Science/IT)/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or Equivalent Degree with at least 50% marks in the Bachelor’s Degree (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
FeeStructure: Rs. 12,000/- per semester. A registration fee of Rs.200/- is payable along with the fee for 1st semester at the time of admission.
MCA Distance Education Scope
Candidates who pursue a master of computer applications (MCA) in distance education can work in any IT organization at the following job profiles:
- Software Developer: The average salary for this profile hovers around INR 4 LPA.
- Hardware Engineer: The average salary for the Hardware Engineer is around INR 9 LPA.
- Software Programmer: The average salary for the post-INR 4 LPA
- System Analyst: For this profile, the salary is INR 6 LPA.
- Database Management Companies
- Schools and Colleges
- Government Agencies
- Stock Exchanges
- Software Development
MCA Distance Education Course Job Types
- Hardware Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Cloud Architect
- Technical Writer
- Data Scientist
- IT Architect
- Data Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Scientist
- Information Systems Manager
- American Express
Be the first to leave a review.