IDOL Mumbai University Admission 2023-24: Mumbai University distance education admission 2023-24 last date has been extended to 22 September 2023 with a late fee of INR 150, for various UG and PG programs. The eligible applicants can apply for courses such as BA, BSc, B.Com, MA, MSc, and M.Com. To complete the admission process or additional information, applicants should visit the MU Distance website, www.mu.ac.in/distance-open-learning, or www.idoloa.digitaluniversity.ac.
The Mumbai University Distance Education (MU-DE) has a simple admissions process. Application fees range from Rs. 300/- to Rs. 600/-. MU IDOL UG programs cost INR 10,000, while PG courses cost INR 15,000 to 20,000. MU-DEE programs admit students on merit. Additional entrance tests are required for some specialized courses.
BSc programs require class XII, while B.Com programs require class 10+2. Candidates for M.Com must have a B.Com, while candidates for MMS must hold a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in any stream. A UG degree and math background are preferred for MCA. IDOL MU’s website lists admission dates annually.
MU IDOL Latest Updates:
- Mumbai University IDOL has extended the admission deadline for the UG, PG programs. The admission deadline is 22 September 2023 with a late fine of RS 150/-. Source
The application fee of Rs. 300 to Rs. 600 will be payable at the time of application form submission. The academic fee for new season MU IDOL UG courses is not more than INR 10,000. For PG courses, it will be between 15,000 to 20,000. Mumbai University Distance Education course admissions will be determined based on student’s performance in previous exams; some courses may need entry test scores. Eligibility for courses is also a primary element to be considered for the admission process.
Each year admission process of MU-DE has different dates for submitting the documents or application forms. To be aware of these dates, the desired applicants of Mumbai University should visit the IDOL MU website.
To be eligible for MU admissions, applicants must meet the admission requirements. The general requirements for MU DE requirements are given below for some courses.
IDOL MU Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) courses
- BSc Program: Students must have at least class XII education completed.
- B.Com Program: For MU B.Com distance, the applicant must have completed 10+2 education.
- M.Com: B.Com or equivalent UG degree required.
- MMS: A bachelor’s degree in any stream with 50% marks.
- MCA: Any UG degree from any recognized university preferred with mathematics at the 12th level or at graduation level with at least 50% marks.
IDOL Mumbai University Highlights
|University Name||Mumbai University Distance Education (MU IDOL)|
|Approved by||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
|Courses||UG & PG|
|Admission||Online and Offline|
Why Mumbai University for Distance Learning?
The University of Mumbai is one of India’s premier universities because of the quality education offered by the institute. IDOL MU has 742 affiliated colleges with over 7 lakh students studying UG, PG, Certificate, and Diploma Courses from Universities with 55 different departments. Students can apply for admission online.
Mumbai University offers admission into distance learning courses so that students looking to get into disciplines like arts, commerce, information technology, computer science, etc., without attending regular mode classes, can continue their education. The advantage for students opting to get admission to this university is that the students are provided with the opportunity to accomplish educational qualifications via distance learning mode.
MU IDOL offers e-learning content to candidates for study and provides more benefits as well, some of them are the following:
- PCP lectures and practicals
- E-Study Materials
- Guesthouse booking
- E-learning portal
- An acceptable range of courses
- Admission prospects availability
Mumbai University IDOL Admission 2023-24
Mumbai University IDOL admission 2023-24 registration last date for UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, and PG Diploma courses part-I admission has been extended up to 22 September 2023. Interested candidates can apply for admission by visiting the official admission portal @www.idoloa.digitaluniversity.ac.
IDOL Mumbai University invites direct admissions to its distance education courses. Individuals can register themselves by paying an application fee charge of INR 300 to INR 600.
Mumbai University IDOL UG Admission 2023-24
The Institute of Distance & Open Learning Mumbai University UG Admission application is now available for July 2023 session. The university invites applications from 19 May 2023 to 22 September 2023.
MUDE UG does not require entrance exams for UG-level entries. Fees for three-year degree programs driven by arts, commerce, science & IT must be paid online. It is not yet possible to deposit fees offline. One can use Paytm, Debit/Credit Cards, or Net Banking to deposit the program application, admission fees, and UPI.
Students can study a wide range of subjects at the University of Mumbai, including undergraduate courses like BA, BCom, BSc, etc. The minimum grade point average for students wishing to apply for UG programs is 50%. An undergraduate degree in a related field will help students to build their careers.
- Bachelor of Arts: This is one of the undergraduate degree programs offered by Mumbai University Distance Education, also known as BA. The eligibility criteria for applying for this 3-Year degree program is a Higher secondary (12th) certificate with 45-50% minimum marks from a recognized board of education.
- Bachelor of Commerce: A Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate course of 3 years. It is a management degree course that helps students develop managerial and organizational skills. To apply for the course, a student must have a higher secondary degree without backlogs with a minimum grade point average of 50%.
- BSc: Mumbai University offered admission to BSc courses in several specializations including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Zoology, Information Technology, etc. Candidates who passed the 12th board examinations with the relevant subjects can opt for admission to this undergraduate course at MU IDOL.
Mumbai University Distance Education PG Admission 2023-24
IDOL Mumbai University PG admission 2023-24 last date is 22 September 2023 for the July session. Admission to the master’s degree program will be granted on qualifying or entrance test performance. An entrance test shall be held for the MCA program. Rest other courses admission shall be made completely on academic performance. The registration fee for IDOL MU is INR 300. A fee deposit can be made through debit/credit card etc.
- Master of Commerce: It is a 2-year academic course with many other specializations. Those who want to be admitted to the course must have a B.Com degree or any other management degree with relevant passing marks. Distance education courses are much more convenient than regular courses as students can pursue them anytime, anywhere. The average fee for the M.Com course is INR 5,975 for the first year of a postgraduate degree.
- Master of Business Administration: This master’s degree program is designed to study business management. During the academic session, a candidate gets complete theoretical & practical knowledge to manage a business. The eligibility criteria to apply for the program is a bachelor’s degree in any stream, which takes 2 years to complete.
- Masters of Arts: MA is a PG-level course offered by Mumbai University. The master’s course duration is 2 to 4 years. Those students who pass their graduation or another related degree course can for this MA course. MA Application form is available on the University website.
IDOL MSc Admission 2023-24
- IDOL admission 2023-24 to the MSc courses has been going on, and the last date to register is 22 September 2023.
- Specializations: There are several MSc programs offered by Mumbai University, including Math, Information Technology, and Computer Science specializations.
- Eligibility: The candidate must hold a degree of BSc or an equivalent degree in the relevant specialization with a minimum of 45-50% marks.
Mumbai University Distance Learning MCA Admission
Online applications are invited by the Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL) Mumbai University to fill online entrance exam form for a year’s MCA program through distance learning mode from 12 July 2023, and the process was closed on 7 August 2023. The online MCA entrance exam commenced by the university on 13 August 2023.
Candidates who qualify for the MCA entrance exam of Mumbai University can apply for admission to this program on or before the last date 20 September 2023.
Mumbai University’s DDE MCA program is approved by UGC and AICTE. Candidates who are interested in admission to this program must take part in the online examination. The selection of candidates will be based on the entrance score of candidates. To fill out the entry test form for the MCA program candidates can visit www.mumidol.digitaluniversity.ac
Distance Learning MCA Eligibility Criteria: Mumbai University DDE MCA admission eligibility criteria are mentioned below section. candidates are advised to read all instructions carefully while filling out the application form just have a look at the following information.
For admission to the MCA program at MUIDOL candidates should have passed BCA or BSc CS/IT or BE CSE/IT or BTech IT or another equivalent degree with at least 50% marks aggregated (45% marks in case of candidates of backward class).
Candidate must have passed an undergraduate degree (BA or BCom, BVoc, BSc, BTech, or BE) with mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level and score at least 50% marks in the last qualifying degree.
IDOL Mumbai University Courses List 2023
UG Courses List:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in History Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Political Science Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sociology Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology Distance Learning
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Commerce Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Education Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Marathi Distance Learning
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hindi Distance Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Urdu Distance Education
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Distance Learning
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Accounting & Finance ODL
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc IT) ODL
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSc CS) ODL
PG Courses List:
- Master of Arts (MA) in History Distance Learning
- Master of Arts (MA) in Sociology Distance Learning
- Master of Arts (MA) in Economics Distance Education
- Master of Arts (MA) in Political Science Distance Education
- Master of Arts (MA) in Hindi Distance Education
- Master of Arts (MA) in Marathi Distance Education
- Master of Arts (MA) in English Distance Education
- Master of Arts (MA) in Geography Distance Education
- Master of Arts (MA) in Education Distance Learning
- Master of Arts (MA) in Psychology Distance Learning ODL
- Master of Arts (MA) in Communication & Journalism ODL
- Master of Arts (MA) in Public Relations Distance Learning ODL
- Master of Commerce in Accounts (MCom Accounts) ODL
- Master of Commerce in Management (MCom Management) ODL
- Master of Science Information Technology (MSc IT) ODL
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MSc CS) ODL
- Master of Science (MSc) in Mathematics Distance Education
- Master of Management Studies (MMS) Distance Education
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) Distance Education
PG Diploma Courses:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM) ODL
Mumbai University Distance Learning Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to the Institute of Open and Distance Learning (IDOL) University of Mumbai courses offered at UG & PG levels are mentioned below in the table:
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
BA or Bachelor of Arts
12th or equivalent from Marathi State Board or any other senior secondary board OR 3 Year diploma from MSBTE or any other board recognized as equivalent OR 10+2 Years ITI course
Any Bachelor’s degree from any UGC-recognised university
MA or Master of Arts
Candidates must have passed a BEd/BA Education degree from any UGC-recognized university.
Mumbai University IDOL Entrance Exam 2023
The Mumbai University Distance Education Entrance Examinations 2023 application form is open for the Master of Management Studies (MMS) & Master of Computer Application (MCA) postgraduate degree programs. MMS is considered equivalent to an MBA program. The online application form access link is available at the MUM-IDOL.
The online application form for Mumbai University IDOL MCA entrance exam 2023 and MMS entrance exam 2023 commenced on 12 July 2023. Interested candidates are suggested to submit the online application form for the entrance examination before the deadline of 7 August 2023.
The Online Entrance Examination fee for the MCA/MMS program is 500 Indian rupees. The non-refundable entrance test application fee must be paid via net banking, debit card, or debit card. The online entrance test is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday 13th August 2023.
Mumbai University Distance Education Application Form 2023
The application form for the Institute of Distance and Open Learning Mumbai University admission 2023-24 is available on the official website of the university, and the last date for submission of the application form for UG and PG courses is 22 September 2023.
Students should fill out the application form carefully. The name, date of birth, father’s name, and other essential information should match the previous educational certificates. Incorrect information may lead to application forms being rejected. Students should check all details carefully before final submission.
Mumbai University 2023-24 Last Date
|IDOL Mumbai University Admission 2023-24 Start||19 May 2023|
|IDOL MU Admission 2023 last date||22 September 2023|
|Admission 2023 last date||22 September 2023|
|PG Admission 2023 last date||22 September 2023|
|MCA Admission last date||22 September 2023|
|MBA Admission last date||20 September 2023|
|BEd ODL admission last date||11 September 2023|
|IDOL PG Diploma in Financial Management Admission last date||22 September 2023|
Mumbai University IDOL Application Fee Charges
The Mumbai University distance education requires applicants to pay different application fees for different courses. The candidates applying through an online entry form will have to pay the entry form fee via the online modes. The general range of the entry form varies from INR 300 to INR 600
Below is a list of the entry forms that can be used for the various courses offered by the University of Mumbai Institute of Distance and Open Learning for UG and PG levels:
- Com (IT, Comp Sci., General) (I) entry form fee INR 330
- MA, M.Com, M.Sc. (IT, Comp. Sc., Math) (II) has set an entry form fee of INR 580.
- MCA I and II years can be opted for with an INR 330 entry form fee.
How to Apply for IDOL Mumbai University Admission?
Admission to all courses offered by MUIDOL will be made online through @www.idoloa.digitaluniversity.ac. The process of filling out the online application form is very simple:
- Aspirants are to register on the official UOM site. Click here to check it out.
- They must choose the ‘admission’ section available under the ‘student’ section.
- Candidates can then gain the entry form for the course they aspire to study.
- Aspirants must fulfill the requirements of the entry form.
- They should check out the entry form fee and pay through DD or online.
- Next, they should go for submission through online ‘submitting’ or post services.
Mumbai University IDOL Courses & Fee Structure
|Course Name||Duration||Fee per year in INR|
|MU IDOL Undergraduate Course List|
|MU IDOL Postgraduate Courses List|
IDOL Mumbai University FAQs
Question. 1 Does Mumbai University offer a Distance MBA?
Answer. Mumbai University does not offer an MBA program in distance mode.
Question. 2 What is the last date of admission to Mumbai University distance education?
Answer. Mumbai University IDOL’s last date for admission to the July 2023 session is 22 September 2023.
Mumbai University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400032.
- IDOL Mumbai University Official Website: https://mu.ac.in/
Note: Dates are tentative & subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more information regarding admission.
Be the first to leave a review.