Nalanda Open University Distance Education Admission 2022-23: Nalanda Open University was established in 1987. It is the first University in Bihar that offers DDE courses. Students can take admitted by clearing the eligibility of the program. The University takes admission based on the merit criteria. The University admission will begin soon for session 2022.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) recognized the university to spread education through distance learning. The university has approval from the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council.
- The admission 2022-23 will start soon for Nalanda Open University Distance Education; For more information, click here.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Nalanda Open University|
|University Short Name||NOU|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate & Doctoral|
|Application Mode||Offline & Online|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance-Based and Merit-Based|
|Address||2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR)|
|Contact No||0612-2201013, 0612-2206916|
Latest Distance Education Courses
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Admission 2022-23
Nalanda Open University admission 2022 last date is expected to appear in the fourth week of August. Applicants can begin registration for the certificate, diploma, pg diploma, degree, and pg degree courses. The admission form and prospectus can be collected through DD of INR 450 in favor of sales counters of the NOU. The fee can also be paid through the registered post of INR 400. The sales counter of the NOU remains open for all working days between 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Admission can be sought for the Certificate in Bio-Fertilizer Production, BCA, BSC Honours, BA Honours, PGDMM, and Ph.D. programs. NOU will conduct entrance exams for only Ph.D. Qualified individuals in the CSIR-NET OR UGC-NET can appear in the counseling session of the NOU Ph.D. admission.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education UG Admission
NOU UG admission 2022 online application will be accepted till the fourth week of September. Individuals can proceed and apply to BCA, BA, BSC, BCom, BA Hons Economics/Hindi/History, CACL, CCPG, CNCC, and more.
Admission to NOU UG is given to candidates whose documents have been verified in presence of original documents. NOU UG provides a 25 percent concession to women candidates for admission. Candidates are required to obtain a photocopy of the demand draft until the NOU UG admission confirms.
A basic need to get the NOU UG admission is 10+2/12th or equivalent. The ug degree and Certificate program first-year fee is INR 2400, and INR 1650 respectively.
- MCom: MCom is a postgraduate course. The duration of the course is 3-years. It is divided into 6-semester.
- MSc: MSc is a postgraduate course, and the duration of the course is 3-years. It is divided into 6-semester.
- MA in History: MA in History is a postgraduate course, and the duration of the course is 3-years. It is divided into 6-semester.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Application Form 2022
Nalanda Open University Distance Education offered both online and offline admissions. Anyone who meets the requirements can apply for admission to one of the courses offered by the University. The candidate wishes to take admission online. In that case, the student should visit the university’s website. Those who wish to apply for admission offline should visit the university’s campus and fill out an application there. Nalanda University offers only offline application opportunities. However, students wishing to take a Ph.D. course must have completed the Nalanda Open University Distance Education entrance exam.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
At present, Nalanda Open University Distance Education has been offering several courses. The university follows the same eligibility criteria as other recognized universities in the country. Students need to show their 10th or equivalent certificate at the time of admission. Students can do their 12th from Nalanda university as well.
Candidates seeking admission in UG courses need to produce the 12th certificate from a recognized university. Students like to take admission to Diploma or Certificate courses; they have to bring their 10th or 12th certificate. It depends on the requirement of the course.
Those who want to take admitted to PG courses must have a Graduation degree from a UGC-approved university. Must remember Nalanda Open University Distance Education has suspended the Ph.D. program and Para Medical Courses at the moment due to some unavoidable reasons.
- Candidates should upload several documents before admission.
- These documents are essential for every person to upload.
- The university will not entertain anyone without the necessary documents.
- Everyone has to upload the 10th certificate for the date of birth proof.
- Reserved category persons have to provide an attested caste certificate or original matriculation certificate to prove their age.
- Candidates need to submit their SC/ST/BC/OBC certificates.
- ID proof (Voter card, Aadhar, etc.)
- Students of other universities need to provide a Migration certificate.
- Bring colored passport-size photographs.
- Residence proof
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Fee Structure
The course fee of the university is very nominal. Students can pay it easily. Candidates need to pay fees in the following structure.
|Undergraduate (UG)||Rs 2400|
|Postgraduate (PG)||Rs 4400|
|PG Diploma programs||Rs 5500|
|Intermediate Courses||Rs 2000|
|Certificate course||Rs 1650|
Candidates who want admission in any UG, PG, Diploma, or Certificate courses don’t need to appear in any entrance examinations. Students need to show their previous examination degree or certificate, recognized by any board or university.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Study Centers
Nalanda Open University has opened several study centers all over Bihar. Students can contact their study centers for all kinds of information. Candidates can attend practical classes in some colleges as well. Names of some of the old and famous centers are given below.
- Maharaj College, Arrah
- Araria College, Araria
- S. D. S College, Alwar
- S. S. College, Aurangabad
- P. B. S. College, Banka
- A. N. S. College, Barh
NOU Study Materials
Nalanda Open University Distance Education provides study materials for all courses. Nalanda Open University sends study materials and other gadgets to the respective address of the students. The standard of the university’s study materials is very high. It matches the level of top universities in the country.
The university sends the study materials in advance so that students get time to prepare before the examinations. The university has provided ample opportunity for all to take a degree or diploma from home. Therefore, many people have enrolled themselves in the university and gotten a quality education without moving from their place.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Admission Process
- Visit the Nalanda Open University Distance Education website to download the application form.
- Alternatively, candidates can pay 350 rupees in cash to obtain an Admission form from the university.
- Postal admission forms can also be obtained by paying INR 400 through a Demand Draft.
- Fill out all the necessary information, such as educational and personal, in the application form after downloading it.
- Applicants should send/apply to the address below after completing the application form and the DD for Rs. Three hundred fifty were drawn on the Nalanda Open University payable in Patna.
The purpose of the university’s opening is to spread literacy and eradicate illiteracy, especially among the downtrodden of society. Many people of Bihar earlier had no choice where to go for a degree or diploma course in online mode. People of the state have taken a sigh of relief after the opening of the university.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education has been running its study center in every part of Bihar. Students can collect all kinds of information from the study center.
Nalanda Open University Contact Details
2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR).
Be the first to leave a review.