Nalanda Open University Admission: The last date for admission to the 2022-23 session was 15 November 2022. For the upcoming session, the university will soon start the admission and the dates will be published on the official website. Students can apply for admission to various UG, PG, diploma, and certificate courses.
- Admissions for the next session will start soon.
- Nalanda Open University window has closed for online and offline UG/PG registration on 15 November 2022. Source
- Candidates can download the list of study centers by visiting the link: Study Centers List
Nalanda Open University was established in 1987. It is the first University in Bihar that offers DDE courses. Students can take admitted by clearing the eligibility of the program. The University takes admission based on merit criteria. The university will announce the admission schedule soon.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) recognized the university to spread education through distance learning. The university has approval from the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council.
Nalanda Open University offers UG, PG, and diploma programs in numerous streams. Candidates can find various programs in arts, commerce, science, library science, etc., streams. The open university proposes courses like BA Hons, BCA, BBA, MCom, MSc, MA, etc. The NOU registration or admission process can be completed online or offline mode. The registration fee for Nalanda Open University is INR 500. The NOU admission registration fee is allowed to be deposited via Debit Card/Credit Card/UP/DD.
Nalanda Open University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Nalanda Open University|
|University Short Name||NOU|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate & Doctoral|
|Application Mode||Offline & Online|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance-Based and Merit-Based|
|Address||2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR)|
|Contact No||0612-2201013, 0612-2206916|
Latest Distance Education Courses
Nalanda Open University Admission
Nalanda Open University Admission, the last date was 15 November 2022. The university will soon begin registration for the certificate, diploma, PG diploma, degree, and PG degree courses. The admission form and prospectus can be collected through DD of INR 450 in favor of sales counters of the NOU. The fee can also be paid through the registered post of INR 400. The sales counter of the NOU remains open for all working days between 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Admission can be sought for the Certificate in Bio-Fertilizer Production, BCA, BSC Honours, BA Honours, PGDMM, and Ph.D. programs. NOU will conduct entrance exams for only Ph.D. Qualified individuals in the CSIR-NET OR UGC-NET can appear in the counseling session of the NOU Ph.D. admission.
Nalanda Open University Eligibility Criteria
At present, Nalanda Open University Distance Education has been offering several courses. The university follows the same eligibility criteria as other recognized universities in the country. Students need to show their 10th or equivalent certificate at the time of admission. Students can do their 12th from Nalanda university as well.
Candidates seeking admission to UG courses need to produce the 12th certificate from a recognized university. Students like to take admission to Diploma or Certificate courses; they have to bring their 10th or 12th certificate. It depends on the requirement of the course.
Those who want to take admitted to PG courses must have a Graduation degree from a UGC-approved university. Must remember Nalanda Open University Distance Education has suspended the Ph.D. program and Para Medical Courses at the moment due to some unavoidable reasons.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education UG Admission
Admission to NOU UG Distance Education is given to candidates whose documents have been verified in presence of original documents. NOU UG provides a 25% concession to women candidates for admission. Candidates are required to obtain a photocopy of the demand draft until the NOU UG admission confirms.
A basic need to get the NOU UG Distance admission is 10+2/12th or equivalent. The UG degree and Certificate program first-year fee is INR 2400, and INR 1650 respectively.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education PG Admission
NOU PG Distance Admission has started for the academic year cycle. Applicants are allowed to make an entry for a PG degree, and diploma programs like MA, MCom, MSc, MJMC, MCA, MLIS, etc., with a fee of INR 500. Admission to NOU PG shall be granted after the scores of the qualifying exam.
Hence, there shall be no need for an entrance exam for admission to the NOU PG Distance Education. Fee deposits for NOU PG programs can be made through any of the options like UPI/Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- MCom: MCom is a postgraduate course. The duration of the course is 2 Years. It is divided into 6-semester. All candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree from any recognized university can apply for admission at NOU.
- MSc: Master of Science is a postgraduate course, and the duration of the course is 2-years. The eligibility requirement for admission to the MSc program is to have a bachelor’s degree in the Science stream with an average mark of 50%.
- MA History: MA in History is a postgraduate course, and the duration of the course is 2-years. It is divided into 6-semester. Students who have completed their graduation from any recognized institute/ University can fill out the admission form online available on the official portal of Nalanda Open University.
Nalanda Open University Application Form
Nalanda Open University Distance Education offered both online and offline admissions. Anyone who meets the requirements can apply for admission to one of the courses offered by the University before the last date. The candidate wishes to take admission online. In that case, the student should visit the university’s website.
Those who wish to apply for admission offline should visit the university’s campus and fill out an application there. Nalanda University offers only offline application opportunities. However, students wishing to take a PhD course must have completed the Nalanda Open University Distance Education entrance exam.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Admission Process
- Visit the Nalanda Open University Distance Education website to download the application form.
- Alternatively, candidates can pay INR 350 in cash to obtain an admission form from the university.
- Postal admission forms can also be obtained by paying INR 400 through a Demand Draft.
- Fill out all the necessary information, such as educational and personal, in the application form after downloading it.
- Applicants should send/apply to the address below after completing the application form and the DD for Rs. 350 was drawn on the Nalanda Open University payable in Patna.
- Candidates should upload several documents before admission.
- These documents are essential for every person to upload.
- The university will not entertain anyone without the necessary documents.
- Everyone has to upload the 10th certificate for the date of birth proof.
- Reserved category persons have to provide an attested caste certificate or original matriculation certificate to prove their age.
- Candidates need to submit their SC/ST/BC/OBC certificates.
- ID proof (Voter card, Aadhar, etc.)
- Students of other universities need to provide a Migration certificate.
- Bring colored passport-size photographs.
- Residence proof
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Fee Structure
The course fee of the university is very nominal. Students can pay for it easily. Candidates need to pay fees in the following structure.
|Undergraduate (UG)||Rs 2400|
|Postgraduate (PG)||Rs 4400|
|PG Diploma programs||Rs 5500|
|Intermediate Courses||Rs 2000|
|Certificate course||Rs 1650|
Candidates who want admission in any UG, PG, Diploma, or Certificate courses don’t need to appear in any entrance examinations. Students need to show their previous examination degree or certificate, recognized by any board or university.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Study Centers
Nalanda Open University has opened several study centers all over Bihar. Students can contact their study centers for all kinds of information. Candidates can attend practical classes in some colleges as well. Names of some of the old and famous centers are given below.
- Maharaj College, Arrah
- Araria College, Araria
- S. D. S College, Alwar
- S. S. College, Aurangabad
- P. B. S. College, Banka
- A. N. S. College, Barh
Nalanda Open University Study Materials
Nalanda Open University Distance Education provides study materials for all courses. Nalanda Open University sends study materials and other gadgets to the respective address of the students. The standard of the university’s study materials is very high. It matches the level of top universities in the country.
The university sends the study materials in advance so that students get time to prepare before the examinations. The university has provided ample opportunity for all to take a degree or diploma from home. Therefore, many people have enrolled themselves in the university and gotten a quality education without moving from their place.
The purpose of the university’s opening is to spread literacy and eradicate illiteracy, especially among the downtrodden society. Many people of Bihar earlier had no choice where to go for a degree or diploma course in online mode. People of the state have taken a sigh of relief after the opening of the university.
As part of its distance education program, Nalanda Open University operates study centers all over Bihar. Information can be collected from the study center by students in all kinds of ways.
Nalanda Open University Contact Details:
- Address: 2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR).
- Fax: 0612-2201001
- E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nalandaopenuniversity.com
Be the first to leave a review.