Nalanda Open University Distance Education Admission 2022: NOU is a place where everyone can get an education. Nalanda Open University is the first university in Bihar that offers distance education courses. Nalanda Open University is the first institution in Bihar, which offers courses through distance education mode. It was founded in 1987, and it is located in Gandhi Maidan, Patna.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) had recognized the university to spread education by distance learning. The university has approval from the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council.
Nalanda Open University offers courses in many disciplines like-Humanities, Science and Commerce. Students can take admission to complete their education. The university has also provided all kinds of facilities to know about courses, admission age, learning methods, and others.
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Nalanda Open University|
|University Short Name||NOU|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate & Doctoral|
|Application Mode||Offline & Online|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance-Based and Merit-Based|
|Address||2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR)|
|Contact No||0612-2201013, 0612-2206916|
|Official Website||www.nalandaopenuniversity.com & www.nou.ac.in|
Latest Distance Education Courses 2022
Nalanda Open University Distance Education Admission 2022
Candidates can get admission in any one course of their choice. Currently, admission to Nalanda Open University has been going on.
- The university only accepts online application forms.
- Candidates need to visit the official portal of the university to get information.
- First, read all the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Candidates need to scan their original documents then upload them.
- The university will not accept the documents scanned from a photocopy.
- First-time users must mention their valid mobile no and email id.
- The university will communicate with candidates on the given mobile no and email id.
- Provide the correct personal and educational details
- Don’t upload any fake certificates. In this case, the university will cancel the application form.
- Students have to pay online modes such as Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking.
- The university will not accept offline payments like a money order or postal order, or Bank draft.
- One should not forget to upload the xerox copy of the previous educational qualifications with the application form.
- Students have to submit the application form before the last date.
- The university has encouraged women to study further.
- Women candidates get a 25% rebate in any course offered by the university.
- Don’t forget to take the screenshot of the application for proof.
- In the end, click on the submit.
Nalanda Open University DDE UG Admission
|Course Name||Eligibility||Fee (Tentative)|
|B.A. Honours (Economics)||12th standard with 50% Marks||2400/|
|B.A. Honours (Geography)||Qualify their 10+2 from recognized board||2400/|
|B.Sc. Honours (Botany)||10+2 with 60% Marks with Math as a subject||2400/|
|B.Sc. Honours (Chemistry)||Students need to Pass 10+2 with PCM/PCB||2400/|
|B.B.A.||Higher Secondary (+2) Pass with 50%||6600/|
Nalanda Open University Distance Education (NOU) Eligibility Criteria
At present, Nalanda Open University has been offering several courses. The university follows the same eligibility criteria as other recognized universities of the country. Students need to show their 10th or equivalent certificate at the time of admission.
Candidates seeking admission in UG courses need to produce the 12th certificate from a recognized university. Students like to take admission in Diploma or Certificate courses; they have to bring their 10th or 12th certificate. It depends on the requirement of the course.
Those who want to take admission in PG courses must have a Graduation degree from a UGC-approved university. Must remember Nalanda Open University has suspended the Ph.D. program and Para Medical Courses at the moment due to some unavoidable reasons.
- Candidates should upload several documents before admission.
- These documents are essential for every person to upload.
- The university will not entertain anyone without the necessary documents.
- Everyone has to upload the 10th certificate for the date of birth proof.
- Reserved category persons have to provide an attested caste certificate.
- Candidates need to submit their SC/ST/BC/OBC certificates.
- ID proof (Voter card, Aadhar, etc.)
- Students of other universities need to provide a Migration certificate.
- Bring colored passport size photographs.
- Residence proof
Nalanda Open University (NOU) Fee Structure
The course fee of the university is very nominal. Students can pay it easily. Candidates need to pay fees in the following structure.
|Undergraduate (UG)||Rs 2400|
|Postgraduate (PG)||Rs 4400|
|PG Diploma programs||Rs 5500|
|Intermediate Courses||Rs 2000|
|Certificate course||Rs 1650|
Nalanda Open University (NOU) Entrance Exam
Candidates who want admission in any UG, PG, Diploma, or Certificate courses don’t need to appear in any entrance examinations. Students need to show their previous examination degree or certificate, recognized by any board or university.
NOU Schools (Education Department)
The NOU University runs 10 schools. Simultaneously the university is also running many Diploma and Certificate courses. The university runs Ph.D. programs too. Currently, 10 schools have been functioning under Nalanda Open University, which is given below.
- School of Computer Education and Information Technology
- School of Economics, Commerce, and Management
- School of Health and Environmental Science
- School of Indian and Foreign Languages
- School of Indology
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Pure and Agricultural Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Teacher’s Education
Nalanda Open University (NOU) Study Centers
Nalanda Open University has opened several study centers all over Bihar. Students can contact their study centers for all kinds of information. Candidates can attend practical classes in some colleges as well. Names of some of the old and famous centers are given below.
- Maharaj College, Arrah
- Araria College, Araria
- S. D. S College, Alwar
- S. S. College, Aurangabad
- P. B. S. College, Banka
- A. N. S. College, Barh
NOU Study Materials
The university provides study materials for all courses. Nalanda Open University sends study materials and other gadgets to the respective address of the students. The standard of the university’s study materials is very high. It matches the level of top universities in the country.
The university sends the study materials in advance so that students get time to prepare before the examinations. The university has provided ample opportunity for all to take a degree or diploma from home. Therefore, many people have enrolled themselves in the university and get a quality education without moving from their place.
The purpose of the university’s opening is to spread literacy and eradicate illiteracy, especially among the downtrodden of society. Many people of Bihar earlier had no choice where to go for a degree or diploma course in online mode. People of the state have taken a sigh of relief after the opening of the university.
The university has been running its study center in every part of Bihar. Students can collect all kinds of information from the study center.