NOU Admission 2023: The university will soon start the admission for the upcoming session, and the dates will be published on the official website. The NOU registration or admission process can be completed online or offline mode. The University takes admission based on merit criteria. The registration fee for Nalanda Open University is INR 500. The NOU admission registration fee can be deposited via a Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI/DD.
NOU Distance Education Latest Update:
- The Nalanda Open University Exam date 2023 has been released, BLIS examination was started on 01 April 2023. Click Here
- The NOU MLIS examination will be started on 31 March 2023. Click Here
- Nalanda Open University certificate courses examination will be started on 11 April 2023. Click Here
- The Intermediate of Arts examination programme 2023 will be started on 21 March 2023. Click Here
- The Intermediate of Commerce programme examination will be started on 21 March 2023. Click Here
- NOU PG Diploma in Yogic studies examination 2023 will be started on 21 March 2023. Click Here
- NOU examination programme 2023 for the PG Diploma courses PGDFM/PGDHET/PGDMM/PGDHRM will be started on 21 March 2023. Click Here
- Candidates can download the list of study centers by visiting the link: Study Centers List.
The university has approval from the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council. Nalanda Open University offers UG, PG, and diploma programs in numerous streams. Candidates can find various arts, commerce, science, library science programs, etc. Eligible students can apply for admission to various UG, PG, diploma, and certificate courses like BA Hons, BCA, BBA, MCom, MSc, MA, etc.
Nalanda Open University was established in 1987. It is the first University in Bihar that offers DDE courses. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) recognized the university to spread education through distance learning.
Nalanda Open University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Nalanda Open University|
|University Short Name||NOU|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate & Doctoral|
|Application Mode||Offline & Online|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance-Based and Merit-Based|
|Address||2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR)|
|Contact No||0612-2201013, 0612-2206916|
Latest Distance Education Courses 2023
NOU Admission 2023-24
Nalanda Open University conducts admission to UG, PG, Diploma, and Certificate courses in both January and July sessions. Interested candidates can register themselves for NOU admission 2023-24 by visiting the official website www.nalandaopenuniversity.com. It is expected the admission portal for Nalanda Open University Courses admission will be open in the first week of June, and the NOU admission 2023-24 last date will be 19 May 2023 (Tentative).
The admission form and prospectus can be collected through DD of INR 450 in favor of sales counters of the NOU. The fee can also be paid through the registered post of INR 400. The sales counter of the NOU remains open for all working days between 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Admission can be sought for the Certificate in Bio-Fertilizer Production, BCA, BSC Honours, BA Honours, PGDMM, and Ph.D. programs. NOU will conduct entrance exams for only Ph.D. Qualified individuals in the CSIR-NET OR UGC-NET can appear in the NOU Ph.D. admission counseling session.
Eligibility Criteria for Nalanda Open University Admission
At present, Nalanda Open University Distance Education has been offering several courses. The university follows the same eligibility criteria as other recognized universities in the country. Students need to show their 10th or equivalent certificate at the time of admission. Students can do their 12th from Nalanda University as well.
Candidates seeking admission to UG courses must receive the 12th certificate from a recognized university. Students like to take admission to Diploma or Certificate courses; they have to bring their 10th or 12th certificate. It depends on the requirement of the course.
Those who want to be admitted to PG courses must have a Graduation degree from a UGC-approved university. Must remember Nalanda Open University Distance Education has suspended the PhD program and Para Medical Courses at the moment due to unavoidable reasons.
NOU UG Admission 2023
Individuals can apply to BCA, BA, BSC, BCom, BA Hons Economics/ Hindi/ History, CACL, CCPG, CNCC, and more. A basic need to get the NOU UG Distance admission is 10+2/12th or equivalent. The UG degree and Certificate program first-year fee is INR 2,400 and INR 1,650, respectively.
Admission to NOU UG Distance Education is given to candidates whose documents have been verified in the presence of original documents. NOU UG provides a 25% concession to women candidates for admission. Candidates must obtain a copy of the demand draft until the NOU UG admission confirms.
Nalanda Open University PG Admission 2023
NOU PG Distance Admission will start soon for the academic year cycle. Applicants are allowed to make an entry for a PG degree and diploma programs like MA, MCom, MSc, MJMC, MCA, MLIS, etc., with a fee of INR 500. Admission to NOU PG shall be granted after the qualifying exam scores.
Hence, there shall be no need for an entrance exam for admission to the NOU PG Distance Education. Fee deposits for NOU PG programs can be made through options like UPI/Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- MCom: MCom is a postgraduate course. The duration of the course is 2 Years. It is divided into 6 semesters. All candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree from any recognized university can apply for admission at NOU.
- MSc: Master of Science is a postgraduate course, and the course duration is 2 years. The eligibility requirement for the MSc program is to have a bachelor’s degree in the Science stream with an average mark of 50%.
NOU MA Distance Education Admission:
- Master of Arts is a popular program in India pursued by a large number of students, NOU is one of the famous universities that offer this program in distance learning mode.
- Eligibility: Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with 45-50% marks aggregate from any UGC-recognized university.
- Fee & Duration: The fee charged by Nalanda Open University for 2 years MA distance education program is INR 4,400/-
- Specializations: Candidates can pursue an MA program through this university in the specializations of Bhojpuri, Economics, Education, Geography, History, Hindi, Magahi, Environmental Studies, Maithili, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Urdu, English, Rural Development, Sociology, Public Administration, and Political Science.
MA History or Master of Arts in History
- MA in History is a postgraduate course, and the course duration is 2 years. It is divided into 6 semesters. Students who have completed their graduation from any recognized institute/ University can fill out the admission form online, available on the official portal of Nalanda Open University.
Nalanda Open University Certificate Courses Admission
NOU offered various certificate courses in the following specializations:
- Agriculture Certificate Courses
- Child and Women related certificate courses
- Health and Environmental Certificate Courses
- Para Medical Courses
- Language-Based Certificate Courses
- Religion-Based Certificate Courses
- Computer-Based and Miscellaneous Certificate Courses
NOU Application Form 2023
Nalanda Open University Admission is offered both online and offline. Anyone who meets the requirements can apply for admission to one of the courses offered by the University before the last date. The candidate wishes to take admission online. In that case, the student should visit the university’s website.
Those who wish to apply for admission offline should visit the university’s campus and fill out an application. Nalanda University offers only offline application opportunities. However, students wishing to take a PhD course must have completed the Nalanda Open University Distance Education entrance exam.
Nalanda Open University Admission Process 2023
- Visit the Nalanda Open University Distance Education website to download the application form.
- Alternatively, candidates can pay INR 350 in cash to obtain an admission form from the university.
- Postal admission forms can also be obtained by paying INR 400 through a Demand Draft.
- Fill out all the necessary information, such as educational and personal, in the application form after downloading it.
- Applicants should send/apply to the address below after completing the application form, and the DD for Rs. 350 was drawn on the Nalanda Open University, payable in Patna.
Nalanda Open University Admission: Documents Required
- Candidates should upload several documents before admission.
- These documents are essential for every person to upload.
- The university will not entertain anyone without the necessary documents.
- Everyone has to upload the 10th certificate for the date of birth proof.
- Reserved category persons must provide an attested caste certificate or original matriculation certificate to prove their age.
- Candidates need to submit their SC/ST/BC/OBC certificates.
- ID proof (Voter card, Aadhar, etc.)
- Students of other universities need to provide a Migration certificate.
- Bring coloured passport-size photographs.
- Residence proof
Nalanda Open University Admit Card
On its official website @www.nou.ac.in, The Nalanda open university will release the hall tickets for the upcoming academic year 2023 as soon as possible. On the official website, candidates will be able to download their admit cards. The Nalanda Open University Admit Card 2023 is a document that must be presented to the examiner before entering the examination hall.
Nalanda Open University Fee Structure
The course fee of the university is very nominal. Students can pay for it easily. Candidates need to pay fees in the following structure.
|Undergraduate (UG)||Rs 2400|
|Postgraduate (PG)||Rs 4400|
|PG Diploma programs||Rs 5500|
|Intermediate Courses||Rs 2000|
|Certificate course||Rs 1650|
Nalanda Open University offered a wide range of UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, and Certificate courses to the candidates. Here we provide you with a list of all its courses:
Nalanda Open University UG Courses List
|BA Hons. History||BA Urdu|
|Bachelor of Education||
BA Hons. Political Science
BA Hons. Public Administration
BA Hons. Social Work
|BA Yoga||BA Hons. Tourism|
|BA Hons JMC||BSc Hons. Zoology|
|BA Hons Economics||BSc Hons. Botany|
|BA Hons Education||
BSc Hons. Chemistry
|BA Hons Geography||
BSc Hons. Geography
|BA Hons. Hindi||
BSc Hons. Home Science
|BA Hons. Home Science||
BSc Hons. Mathematics
|BA Hons. Psychology||BSc Hons. Physics|
|BA Hons. Sociology|
Nalanda Open University PG Courses List
|MA Disaster Management||MA Mathematics|
|MA History||MA Social Work|
|MA Education||MSc Disaster Management|
|MA Environmental Science||MSc Botany|
|MA Geography||MSc Chemistry|
|MA Hindi||MSc Environmental Science|
|MA Political Science||MSc Geography|
|MA Psychology||MSc Mathematics|
|MA Public Administration||MSc Physics|
|MA Rural Development||MSc Zoology|
|MA Sanskrit||MSc Home Science|
|MA Home Science||MJMC|
Entrance Exam for Nalanda Open University Admission
Candidates who want admission in any UG, PG, Diploma, or Certificate courses don’t need to appear in any entrance examinations. Students must show their previous examination degree or certificate recognized by any board or university.
Nalanda Open University Admission Study Centers
Nalanda Open University Admission Study admission has opened several study centres all over Bihar. Students can contact their study centres for all kinds of information. Candidates can attend practical classes in some colleges as well. Names of some of the old and famous centres are given below.
- Maharaj College, Arrah
- Araria College, Araria
- S. D. S College, Alwar
- S. S. College, Aurangabad
- P. B. S. College, Banka
- A. N. S. College, Barh
Nalanda Open University Admission: Study Materials
Nalanda Open University Admission provides study materials for all courses. Nalanda Open University sends study materials and other gadgets to the respective address of the students. The standard of the university’s study materials is very high. It matches the level of top universities in the country.
The university sends the study materials in advance to its students so they get time to prepare before the examinations. The university has provided ample opportunity to take a degree or diploma from home. Therefore, many have enrolled in university and gotten a quality education without moving from their place.
Nalanda Open University Admission: Contact Details
- Address: 2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR).
- Fax: 0612-2201001
- E–mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nalandaopenuniversity.com
Note: Dates are tentative & subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more admission information.
Be the first to leave a review.