Online/Distance Education in India: Online/distance education in India has recently become a new mode of study. The government and private institutions open their gate for an online/distance program every year in the Calendar/Academic cycle. Some highly reputed institutions, such as IGNOU and AMITY ODL, provides traditional and professional programs at the UG, PG, and Ph.D. level. Candidates can apply and study for BA, BBA, MCOM, MBA, etc., after passing a related qualifying exam.
Online/Distance education in India admission is usually given on qualifying score merit. However, admission to MBA and PhD shall be open for candidates who have managed to pass university, state, or national level exams. The confirmation of admission to Online/distance education in India shall be made after completing document verification and program fee deposit,
Online/Distance Education in India
Online/Distance Education in India is a mode of connecting students with colleges. That is why online and UGC-DEB-approved distance education are often related to digital media. Together it is called online/distance education. Millions of students in India have benefited from this system, and more are working for reputed companies.
Why do we need Online/Distance Education in India?
Most Indians live below the poverty line, which is one of the reasons they cannot continue their education after intermediate. Due to the need to support their families, they start working while pursuing their studies. It is possible to do the same with the program mentioned above. With this program, students don’t have to attend colleges or universities. Instead, they can study at home or in the office with the help of a computer and an internet connection. Even if a computer isn’t available, they can use mobile phones, now the most commonly used devices.
- The candidates can check the information for Online/Distance Education in India.
- The candidates can apply for admission to online/distance education in India.
- The candidates can check the various universities offering online/distance education in India. like MDU, LPU, SOL, PTU, KUK
Online/Distance Education in India: Courses
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Online/Distance Education in India
Distance learning for a BA (Bachelor of Arts) entails studying all topics that impact both individual lives and society as a whole. The distance BA covers all subjects, including geography, politics, and history.
The BA curriculum has existed since the beginning of universities and is the earliest degree human scholars have ever pursued. The Bachelor of Arts in distance mode was created when the BA was combined with contemporary distance and e-learning techniques. The program has various significant points that applicants would like to learn for admission, such as:
- An approximate/’average course fee for a three-year undergraduate degree program is between 12.5k and 80k in private, central, and state institutions.
- The minimum eligibility to get into an arts and humanities run BA degree program is 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Indian Indian Board.
- Universities that offer admission to the BA General degree program comprise IGNOU, SOL, Acharya Nagarjuna Learning, Bharathidasan University, and more.
Bachelors of Commerce (BCom) Online/Distance Education in India
The degree in commerce and related fields is known as a Bachelor of Commerce or B.Com. The course aims to provide students with various managerial abilities and knowledge in finance, accounting, taxation, and management.
A bachelor’s degree in commerce allows learners to understand various linked subjects, e.g., accounting, business law, economics, insurance and management, and taxation. The points below will help individuals check the BCom degree program details more conveniently.
- The BCom three-year degree program in the distance mode averages a fee from the central, private, and state universities ranging from INR 13.1K to INR 89.9K. The bachelor’s degree fee can be deposited yearly.
- To get admission to the Undergraduate degree program in Commerce, one has to pass a higher secondary exam from a reputed board in India.
- Several universities and institutions are approved to offer admission to BCom, such as Aligarh Muslim University, Bharthidasan University, Chandigarh University, Dibrugarh University, etc.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Online/Distance Education in India
The 3-Year BBA degree program was started by UGC to the full fill the organizational desire in the Business management sector. A candidate learns about business management through theory and practical methods. That helps to develop a better understanding of Business management and analyzing capability in the student’s mind.
A candidate can apply for the program after completing the 12th board examination with qualifying marks. Many universities, such as Anna University, Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Kurukshetra University, etc, offer this Undergraduate degree program to the candidates twice in an academic year for January & July sessions.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Online/Distance Education in India
The two-year MBA degree program has started in the distance mode to fulfill the organizational desires in the management sector. The program uses theory and practical study modes to teach managerial concepts to learners in various specializations.
The program teaches core and elective courses in business economics, corporate finance, human resource management, auditing, business economics, corporate and business law, etc. The management degree program has various talking points before starting an admissions process.
- The two-year management degree program, MBA, covers a fee of INR 90K to 2.7 LPA. The program fee for the MBA Distance Degree program can be deposited semester-wise.
- The minimum eligibility to get admission to an MBA distance degree is securing an undergraduate degree with a 50 percent score.
- CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT qualified candidates are preferred for admission.
- The UGC-approved distance universities or institutions that allow admission to the MBA degree program include Anna University, Chandigarh University, Graphic Era University, Himachal Pradesh University, and more.
Masters Of Arts (MA) Online/Distance Education in India
Master of Arts is a well-acknowledged course in India. Most of the students pursue MA post-graduation courses after their bachelor’s. These PG professional courses also have many Distance Education specializations like Ma in History, MA in Political, Ma in Hindi, etc. The highest pursuing MA Specialization is Masters of arts in Psychology.
All universities’ MA Distance Education admission processes and eligibility criteria are different. Those students who want to enrol for an MA Distance Course in any specialization can quickly check at official websites of distance universities like IGNOU and SOL DU.
Approximately MA Distance Education Fees are Rs 15,000 – Rs 30,000 per semester, and the MA duration is 2 to 4 years.
According to educational researchers, MA also opens the highest career options like a journalist, project manager, author, politician, content writer, administrative officer, teacher, research associate, etc.
Admission Process for Online/Distance Education in India
The admission procedure for the Online/Distance Education program at the undergraduate and graduate levels in various universities is structured as follows.
Steps for Online/Distance Education in India
- Reach the university/institute portal.
- Find the “Admission” icon.
- Press “Register” to create an account.
- Revisit the admission login page.
- Use your enrollment number/email id and password.
- Complete an admission form.
- Upload previously scanned personal and academic documents.
- Deposit the fee, and collect a receipt.
Online/Distance Education in India: Top Universities Name
|Amity University Distance Education||IGNOU Distance Learning|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning||Delhi University Distance Education|
|Kannur University||NMIMS Distance Education|
Online/Distance Education in India: NMIMS
- NIMMS University offers online/distance education in India in various specializations for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The university offers PGDM, BBA, and B.Com programs. The students have always preferred distance education programs in the management, science, and arts streams. NIMMS is undoubtedly one of the most reputable open institutes in the country.
Online/Distance Education in India: Delhi University
- The University of Delhi is one of the most renowned universities in India. Distance learning is only available in the Arts and Commerce streams, such as M.A., B.A., M.Com., and B.Com. Students should review the eligibility criteria before applying for online distance education courses.
Online/Distance Education in India: IGNOU
- IGNOU’s faculty is professionally qualified and experienced, and they are dedicated to assisting students in developing knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values through a dynamic and interactive learning environment. In addition to undergraduate and postgraduate programs, IGNOU also offers certificate and diploma programs. There are students studying at this university who specialize in the arts, science, commerce, and management fields, and is considered to be one of the best distance education universities in India.
Online/Distance Education in India: Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, SCDL offers online/distance education in India in various/different UG and PG specializations and also offers Certificates, Diplomas, and PG Diplomas in various specializations. For Job professionals distance education program is one of the best ways to get their degree in a selected field without quitting their job. SCDL is one of the most trusted and reputable distance education university in India.
Online/Distance Education in India: Kannur University
Kannur University Application Form
- The Kannur University application form for admission to UG and PG programs will start in August. The last date to get a late entry to offered programs with a late fee of INR 500. The University follows the offline mode to propose admission to the Kannur UG and PG programs.
Kannur University Admission Process
The steps for the Kannur University DDE admission process are arranged below.
- Visit the Kannur University DDE Portal
- Download the application/admission form.
- Fill up the mandatory sections held under personal, educational, and communication.
- Candidates are required to attest copies of documents.
- Reach the admission centre/campus to submit an application form followed by documents.
- The verification process of the Kannur offline application form and documents will occur.
- Shortlisted candidates can deposit a fee to confirm admission.
- Study materials are either sent or collected by a visit from the campus.
Kannur University Eligibility
Admission to Kannur University DDE UG and PG courses can be taken after securing eligibility, as mentioned below.
|BA History||10+2 or 12th passed candidate with at least a 50 percent score in the history subject.|
|The qualifying exam must be held under the supervision of India’s state and central boards.|
|BA English||The minimum eligibility to get admitted to the BA English program is securing a valid score on the higher secondary exam with English as a primary subject.|
|Candidates who have passed 10+2 or 12th or equivalent in any of the arts/commerce/science streams can also apply.|
|MA Economics||Candidates who have studied by following the educational structure: 10+2+3 or 12+3 in any stream with Economics as the primary subject can apply to the MA Economics program.|
|No entrance exam will be included for admission to the Kannur DDE MA Economics degree program.|
|BBA||Having passed 10+2 or 12th grade from a recognized board with at least 50 percent marks.|
|No need to appear in the entrance test for admission to the Kannur DDE BBA course.|
Online/Distance Education in India Advantages
- Many students have left their studies after intermediate or graduation but still want to pursue their studies, so the course is a boon for them since they can work and study at the same time simultaneously.
- The fee structure of the courses under this program is very nominal, and anyone can afford the payment fee of the class opted. The mode of payment is also straightforward. You can pay either online, or a demand draft can be sent to the address of the college.
- Students can study anytime they want. They can look at the home after office hours if they are in the office during the daytime. So no time foundation is there in this program.
- The exams are done online, so there is no tension in appearing for the exam at the college centres.
- Some colleges also study centres, and if the student has any doubt, that can be removed by the experts at the study centre Online Distance Learning in India Distance University Admission.
- Online/Distance education in India, the admission process is elementary. One does not need to go the colleges or universities to seek admission. All the colleges’ websites give all details about getting admitted to the courses.
Top 10 Distance Education Universities in India
These are the top 10 distance education providing Universities in India:-
- Delhi University
- Amity University
- Symbiosis University
- Annamalai University
- Chandigarh University
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University
- Institute of Management & Technology (IMT)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
Online/Distance Education Universities in India
In this section, we provide a list of UGC-DEB-approved universities for Online Education and Distance Education for the January-February 2023 Session.
Distance Education Universities List:
|Acharya Nagarjuna University Distance Education||Andhra Pradesh|
|Sri Padmavati Mahila Vishvavidyalam|
|Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology, and Research|
|Rajiv Gandhi University||
|Krishna Kanta Handique National Open University||Assam|
|Nalanda Open University||Bihar|
|Punjab University, Chandigarh||Punjab|
|Pt. Sundarlal Sharma Open University||Chhattisgarh|
|University of Delhi|
|Jamia Milia Islamia|
|Jamia Hamdard University|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University||Gujrat|
|Guru Jambeswar University of Science & Technology||Haryana|
|Maharishi Dayanand University||
|Himachal Pradesh University|
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Science
Be the first to leave a review.