PhD Distance Education Admission 2023: PhD Distance learning is a doctoral research degree it is the highest level of educational qualification it normally takes 3 to 5 years of duration. The candidate focuses on research and writes a thesis offering an original contribution to your subject. According to federal statutes, laws, or regulations, PhDs are extraordinary degrees. A doctoral degree can be earned in either full-time or part-time mode.
There are various specializations for PhD such as social work, psychology, history, political science, and more. For PhD programs, there are various entrance exam UGC NET, CSIR UGC NET, PET, and more candidates can register and then enroll for PhD course. The eligibility for doctoral degree candidates must earn a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree too. Admission to distance PhD courses is available at various universities; the criteria to get into the doctorate programs is based on an entrance test score followed by an interview round.
Ph.D. program is not approved to be provided by the Universities in distance education mode in India. The University Grants Commission (UGC) does not approve distance Ph.D. programs. In 2017, the UGC issued a notification containing this information, stating that Ph.D. degrees obtained through distance education would no longer be recognized.
The term “Doctor of Philosophy” is sometimes shortened to Ph.D., Doctoral programs are research-based programs.
PhD distance education admission commences every year in various universities, and institutions. The universities like Nalanda Open University, Indira Gandhi Open University, Karnataka University, Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, etc., commence the admission process for every academic/calendar year.
Students with busy schedules can learn PhD Distance Education Courses through distance learning programs. Ph.D. candidates must first earn a master’s or MPhil degree and then pass the Ph.D. entrance exam. We have provided all the relevant information about the best universities for Ph.D. students below, so that you can continue reading.
- IGNOU has released Ph.D. Distance Education Program Answer Key. Candidates who appeared in the entrance exam can check the answer key direct. Click here
- IGNOU has started registration for the Ph.D. distance education program for the January session of 2023. Candidates can apply for this program. And entrance examination for the Ph.D. program will be held on 8 January 2023.
PhD Distance Education Highlights
|Course full name||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Eligibility||PG with 50% marks|
|Fee Structure||INR 1,50,000-2,00,000 / YEAR|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
A Ph.D. course is stated as the highest level, of course, that aims at providing students with the ultimate level of students regarding with discipline. Students who have passed their master’s level education from a recognized institution or university can apply for admission into a PhD distance education course.
Candidates who wish admission to this program must have earned at least a 55% grade point average in any PG or Master course from an accredited university. For admission, applicants must take a UGC or university entrance exam. After earning their doctorates, students will have many professional opportunities available, including government jobs, entrepreneurial jobs, consultant jobs, research associate jobs, and many more.
In this course, generally considered a research-based program, PhD students gain skills and knowledge in research and technical areas.
PhD Distance Education Admission 2023
The Ph.D. program duration is three years. However, the minimum duration of the Ph.D. programs differs between 3 to 5 years. The Doctoral level program allows applicants to boost their academic profile with available branches including humanities, commerce, management, education, science, and more.
When applying to Ph.D. programs offered online, applicants must have a master’s degree at the very least. A minimum score of 55% is required to be awarded the master’s degree. To be accepted into Ph.D. programs offered through remote education, students must pass the Ph.D. entrance test, also known as the PET. Tests at the state and national levels, such as the UGC NET and the CSIR NET, are considered national exams, and applicants who pass these exams are free from taking university admission exams.
PhD Distance Education Eligibility
- Candidates who have passed the last semester of M.PHIL with a minimum score of 50% from any known and approved university in India are allowed to apply for this course.
- It is the maximum level of education; there are no courses to have opted for after PH.D.
- To get admission to Ph.D., a master’s degree in India is a must in the chosen subject. In some institutes, there are entrance tests that have to be cracked to get admission. The final year of graduation candidates can undergo the NET (National Eligibility Test) and be admitted to the program.
- For engineering students, a valid GATE result card is needed for admission to Ph.D. Those candidates who are topper of the universities in BE or B.Tech can get direct admission to the program.
Ph.D. Distance Education Fees
- The students can check the Doctor of Philosophy Average Fee range of INR 5,000 – INR 1,50,000 Per Year.
- The fee varies according to the Specialization chosen by the applicant.
Duration of PhD Distance Education
- PhD Distance Education programme is designed for a minimum 3 years duration. The course is divided into 6 semesters to provide in-depth learning in the desired specialization.
PhD Distance Education Entrance Exam 2023
In India, there are various entrance exams at the National, State, and University level, Students will get admission to PhD courses in distance mode. The list includes UGC NET, CSIR UGC NET, PET, and more. We shall seek details of Ph.D. distance entrance exams in the following sections.
UGC NET: NTA UGC NET or UGC NET is a national-level exam held to regulate the eligibility for the respective post of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor. Candidates who pass this exam are thoroughly eligible for admission to the doctoral-level degree program. Presently, the examination is being held twice a year in the following months: June/December. The mode of examination is online, and it has a duration of 3 hours. The registration fee for General or Unreserved category candidates is INR 1100.
CSIR NET: The test is conducted by the national testing agency in the month of June. CSIR NET is a computer-based test. As a result of achieving a good score in the CSIR NET, candidates will have a better chance of getting accepted into a Ph.D. program. The application fee for CSIR NET is INR 1,000 and it has to be paid online. The online deposit mode is available for the purpose of making deposits. The exam has a three-hour time limit, which is 180 minutes long.
IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam: IGNOU Ph.D. Distance Education examination has been conducted by IGNOU on 8 January 2023. As part of the Ph.D. entrance examination, there are 100 questions, each with four marks. There will be 50% questions about Research Methodology and 50% questions about Specific Subjects. The Ph.D. entrance test has a total of 400 marks. Approximately three hours and 180 minutes will be allocated to the IGNOU Ph.D. entrance exam.
Ph.D. Distance Education Advantages
Distance learning, as the name implies, saves time because it does not need regular attendance at the study centers. This saves money and time that would otherwise be spent on back-and-forth travel.
- Studying from any place – To attend the learning institution of one’s choosing while pursuing Distance Education, one does not need to live in the same city or country. It is possible to study from any location.
- Comfort Level – Distance Education provides a person with the comfort they would not have in the regular mode. Some classrooms lack enough seating and other basic facilities, making learning difficult.
- Versatile – The flexibility that Distance Education offers students is unrivaled. People may find it difficult to attend a regular institution, such as full-time workers or military personnel. Many online education programs allow you to work at your own speed and fit your studies around your other commitments.
Ph.D. Distance Education Application Form 2023
To apply for the Ph.D. distance Education Admission, students must complete the application form on the university website. To be admitted, students must first register and submit all the necessary documents. If the wrong application form is not corrected by the last correction date, it will not be accepted, and the admission will be considered canceled. Students from the general category pay an application fee of INR 600, and students from the SC/ST category pay an application fee of INR 350.
How to Apply for PhD Distance Education 2023?
- Candidates seeking admission should register and apply online by logging in.
- Registration guidelines can be found on the University’s website.
- Candidates need only submit one application. For admission under special reservations, candidates should also enclose the special reservation forms and certificates shown in Annexures I, II, III, IV, and V as per the instructions given in Eligibility Criteria.
- All future correspondence (students) should include the online application Number.
- Downloaded online applications must be returned with all attachments and payment details, either in person / by registered mail or by speed/registered post to the address in the online application.
Ph.D. Distance Education in India for Working Professionals
Ph.D. Distance Education in India indicates that you have a high level of knowledge in your field. You’ve continued to research a topic or subject by conducting extensive research. On the other hand, a Doctor of Philosophy is a fancy degree for working professionals but not worth considering. Why? A Doctor of Philosophy requires a lot of hard work and time, both of which are always in short supply in full-time jobs.
Candidates can enroll in a PhD Distance Education Program in India without attending classes or traveling to a college. A regular course would cost you much more, but this course comes at a much lower cost when compared to a regular course. There is also the opportunity for candidates who work in the field to pursue a Distance Ph.D. in India and an online Ph.D. in India both of which are available to them.
Who should do the course?
Many scholars are passionate about their subjects and want to invent something of their interest or discover something that makes other’s lives easy and provides recognition to that scholar. The Ph.D. scholars dedicate their time to their research work. The scholars impart knowledge to others and earn respect and spread quality knowledge. Once the Ph.D. is complete, the students get a lot of opportunities to make a decent salary.
Ph.D. Distance Education Specializations
There are several different specialties and applicants when it comes to getting a Ph.D. via online distance learning. There’s no need to worry about that; we have listed some of the most commonly-taken courses below, along with their prerequisites and costs associated with taking them.
|PhD in Literature||Master/M.Phil||INR 1,20,640|
|PhD in Science||Master/M.Phil||INR 95,520|
|PhD in Humanities||Master/M.Phil||INR 98,250|
|PhD in Law||Master/M.Phil||INR 94,850|
|PhD in Commerce||Master/M.Phil||INR 1,05,520|
|PhD in English||Master/M.Phil||INR 88,640|
Latest University Distance Education
|University of Delhi||Kakatiya University|
|Vinayaka Missions Sikkim University||Kalinga University|
|Punjabi University||Kurukshetra University|
|Rabindra Bharati University||Kuvempu University|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Subharti University|
- Philosophical Journals.
- Publishing houses.
- News Papers.
- Research Institutes.
- Educational Institutes.
- Human Service industry.
- Law Firms.
- Philosophical Journalist.
- Human Services Worker.
- Development and test Engineers.
- Independent Consultants.
- Electrical Product Design Engineer.
- Engineering Technologist.
The students can get jobs in top areas like Market Research Analysts, University professors, Authors, Start-Up Mentors, etc.
Ph.D. Distance Education Universities
Many UGC-recognized public, private, and deemed universities offered Ph.D. courses in regular learning mode. There are many Ph.D. admission in 2023 in govt universities offered by many universities such as DU, IGNOU, KUK, Jadavpur University, KSOU, KKHSOU, OSOU etc. Students can avail of Distance Learning Ph.D. Programs as it is affordable, and students can pursue this degree in part-time or full-time mode.
- Ahmedabad University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Aligarh Muslim University Ph.D. Admission
- BRAOU MPhil & Ph.D. Admission
- CCS University Ph.D. Admission
- GB. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Guru Nanak Dev University Ph.D. Admission
- HPU Shimla Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Hyderabad University Ph.D. Admission
- IGNOU Ph.D. Admission
- Jain University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Jaipur National University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Jamia Islamia Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Kerala University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Mahatama Gandhi University Kerala Ph.D. Admission
- Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D. Admission
- Rajasthan Technical University Ph.D. Admission
- RMLNLU Lucknow Ph.D. Admission January 2023
- Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- SRM University PhD Admission 2023
- Tezpur University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Thapar University PhD Admission 2023
- Banaras Hindu University
- TISS Mumbai MPhil Ph.D. Admission 2023
- TNAU Ph.D. Admission
- TNOU Ph.D. Admission January 2023
- Utkal University Ph.D. Admission 2023
Ph.D. Distance Education IGNOU
IGNOU, or Indira Gandhi National Open University, is one of the best universities in India that offer Ph.D. or Doctore of Philosophy programs in the following specializations:
|Dairy Science and Technology||Library and Information Science|
|Anthropology||Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Food & Nutrition||Women’s Studies|
Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies
|Gender and Development Studies||Education|
Performing and Visual Arts with specialization in fine arts, Theater Arts, Music and Dance
|Social Work||Rural Development|
|PhD in Distance Education||French|
|Tourism & Hospitality||Arabic|
It is one of the best in terms of distance education is concerned. Here a lot of students apply for distance education courses admission. Some of them want to apply for Ph.D. distance education admission. But, here, it is important to know all those students any university/college/institution doesn’t offer Ph.D. program in distance learning mode, including IGNOU. Therefore students can apply for Ph.D. admission through IGNOU in regular learning mode. The duration of this doctorate-level degree program is 3 to 6 years for that a candidate wants to spend Rs 33,600 per annum fee charges.
It takes admission based on the IGNOU Ph.D. entrance exam. And the minimum eligibility for admission to IGNOU Ph.D. is a postgraduation degree in a relevant field.
Nalanda Open University PhD Distance Education
The NOU offers various specialized programs at the Ph.D. level that consist of Economics, Geography, History, Hindi, Science, etc. The minimum eligibility for the Ph.D. program is a valid master’s degree with 55 percent marks. An entrance test needed to be clear.
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University Ph.D. Distance Education
The MPBOU proposes the Ph.D. program at 55% in master’s and clearing the entrance examination conducted by the university.
Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University Ph.D. Distance Education
Candidates may apply to the Ph.D. program under Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University after acquiring a minimum percentage of 55 % in master’s and clearing the entrance test conducted by the university.
Amity University Ph.D. Distance Education
Amity University’s directorate of distance education is a branch of amity university through which it offers distance education at the Ph.D. level. The university conducts entrance tests at the university level, and if any students have passed the NET and JRF exams, the university offers scholarships to such students.
Scope of PhD Distance Education
The career-enhancing opportunities provided by the distance Ph.D. program enable students to achieve remarkable heights in their professional lives. Applicants will be equipped with updated abilities after completing the distance Ph.D. program, enabling them to tackle professional obstacles.
Jobs in a variety of fields, including research organizations, scientific laboratories, testing agencies, medical research centers, etc., are open to students. At the companies where they are employed, they will be able to easily advance, or they may even be able to apply for numerous senior-level positions.
After completing the distance PhD program, candidates can expect to earn a salary range between INR 12.62 LPA and INR 34.60 LPA.
Top Cities in India for PhD Distance Education
PhD Distance Learning in Mumbai
There are numerous universities, and colleges approved for admission in the distance education of Ph.D. or doctorate level program in Mumbai. The list of such institutions includes Mumbai University Distance Education and more. The admission process, eligibility, fee, etc., of the listed universities, are further detailed in this article. The average fee of Mumbai-located universities for the Ph.D. programs is INR 21720.
PhD Distance Education in Delhi
The national capital offers plenty of options for distance education at the Ph.D. level. A well-recognized university like Indira Gandhi National Open University grants admission to doctoral-level courses after the entrance test scores. However, minimum eligibility at the academic level is not lesser than a master’s degree with 55 percent marks. The two-year Delhi-based Ph.D. program average fee is INR 14,000.
PhD Distance Education in Pune
The admission of Ph.D. in various streams opens every year in several distance universities in Pune. The Pune-based universities or colleges that approve the admission of the Ph.D. programs included an exceptional university in name of Savitribai Phule Pune University. The Admission window will remain open for aspirants who have passed both qualifying, and national-level entrance exams like UGC NET/CSIR NET. The fee of the ODL program in Pune ranges from INR 13,000 to 23,500.
PhD Distance Education Admission FAQs:
Q. Is PhD from IGNOU Valid?
Ans: IGNOU or Indira Gandhi National Open University, is approved by UGC (University Grand Commission) to offer PhD courses. Therefore, the Ph.D. degree from IGNOU is considered valid.
Q. Can I complete my Ph.D. in distance?
Ans: PhD from a distance is considered invalid by the AICTE/UGC (University Grant Commission).
Q. What is the age limit for PhD?
Ans: There is no specific age limit to pursue PhD programme in India. A candidate can pursue this programme at any stage of age. PhD takes 3 to 5 years to complete.
Q. Who is eligible for PhD?
Ans: In order to apply for admission to the Ph.D. and Doctor of Philosophy programs, students who have a postgraduate (master’s degree) or an MPhil degree must hold a postgraduate degree.
Q. Is PhD valid from distance education?
Ans. No, Ph.D. in distance learning is not valid. Students can pursue this Doctorate program only in regular learning mode.
Disclaimer: All the information given above is only for the purpose of information. Visit the official site for more info.
Note: Ph.D. distance education is not valid in India.
Be the first to leave a review.