PhD Distance Education Admission 2023: The application window for getting admission in the PhD distance education program is to be started by several universities soon at their official portals. The aspiring students for admission into the course are needed to visit the official website and check out the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
The PhD program is a doctorate-level program specialized for students who are interested in research-level studies. Students can enrol in topics related to arts, science, or commerce in this 3-year research and thesis course. The course includes writing thesis and coursework. Admission to distance PhD courses is available at various universities; the criteria to get into the doctorate programs is based on an entrance test score followed by an interview round.
Students with busy schedules can learn PhD Distance Education Courses through distance learning programs. Ph.D. candidates must first earn a master’s or MPhil degree and then pass the Ph.D. entrance exam. We have provided all the relevant information about the best universities for Ph.D. students below, so that you can continue reading.
According to federal statutes, laws, or regulations, PhDs are extraordinary degrees. A doctoral degree can be earned in either full-time or part-time mode. However, distance Ph.D. programs are not permitted.”
In India, the University Grants Commission (UGC) does not approve distance Ph.D. programs. In 2017, the UGC issued a circular containing this information, stating that Ph.D. degrees obtained through distance education would no longer be recognized.
- IGNOU has started registration for the Ph.D. distance education program for the January session of 2023. Candidates can apply for this program. And entrance examination for the Ph.D. program will be held on 8 January 2023.
PhD Distance Education Highlights
|Course full name||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Eligibility||PG with 50% marks|
|Fee Structure||INR 1,50,000-2,00,000 / YEAR|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
What is PhD Distance Education?
A Ph.D. course is stated as the highest level, of course, that aims at providing students with the ultimate level of students regarding with discipline. The students who have passed their master’s level education from a recognized institution or university can apply for admission into a PhD distance education course.
Candidates who wish admission to this program must have earned at least a 55% grade point average in any PG or Master course from an accredited university. For admission, applicants must take a UGC or university entrance exam. Students will have many professional opportunities available after earning their doctorates, including government jobs, entrepreneurial jobs, consultant jobs, research associate jobs, and many more.
The PhD course is generally considered as a research-based program that will help an applicant in developing their research and technical skills.
PhD Distance Education Admission
The term “Doctor of Philosophy” is sometimes shortened to Ph.D., Doctoral programs are research-based programs.
PhD distance education admission 2023 commences every year in various universities, and institutions. The universities like Nalanda Open University, Indira Gandhi Open University, Karnataka University, Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, etc., commence the process of admission every year in the academic/calendar year.
When applying to Ph.D. programs offered online, applicants must have a master’s degree at the very least. A minimum score of 55% is required to be awarded the master’s degree. For students to be accepted into Ph.D. programs offered through remote education, they must pass the Ph.D. entrance test, also known as the PET. Tests at the state and national levels, such as the UGC NET and the CSIR NET, are considered national exams, and applicants who pass these exams are free from taking university admission exams.
The Ph.D. program duration is three years. However, the minimum duration of the Ph.D. programs differs between 2 or 3 years. The Doctoral level program allows applicants to boost their academic profile with available branches including humanities, commerce, management, education, science, and more.
PhD Distance Education Eligibility
- The Candidates that have passed the last semester of M.PHIL with a minimum score of 50% from any known and approved university in India are allowed to apply for entries in this course.
- It is the maximum level of education; there are no courses to have opted for after PH.D.
- To get admission to Ph.D., a master’s degree in India is a must in the chosen subject. In some institutes, there are entrance tests that have to be cracked to get admission. The candidates in the final year of graduation can undergo NET (National Eligibility Test) and get admitted to the program.
- For engineering students, a valid GATE result card is needed for admission to Ph.D. Those candidates who are topper of the universities in BE or B.Tech can get direct admission to the program.
PhD Distance Education Fees
- The students can check the Doctor of Philosophy Average Fee range of INR 5,000 – INR 1,50,000 Per Year.
- The fee varies according to the Specialization chosen by the applicant.
Duration of PhD Distance Education
- The time duration of this course is 3 years. It is divided into six semesters.
PhD Distance Education Entrance Exam Details
There are numerous entrance tests at university, state, and national levels which are used for admission to Ph.D. Distance Education Programs in India. The list includes UGC NET, CSIR UGC NET, PET, and more. We shall seek details of Ph.D. distance entrance exams in the following sections.
UGC NET: NTA UGC NET or UGC NET is a national-level exam held to regulate the eligibility for the respective post of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor. Candidates who pass this exam are thoroughly eligible for admission to the doctoral-level degree program. Presently, the examination is being held twice a year in the following months: June/December. The mode of examination is online, and it has a duration of 3 hours. The registration fee for General or Unreserved category candidates is INR 1100.
CSIR NET: The test is conducted by the national testing agency in the month of June. CSIR NET is a computer based test. As a result of achieving a good score in the CSIR NET, candidates will have a better chance of getting accepted into a Ph.D. program. The application fee for CSIR NET is INR 1,000 and it has to be paid online. The online deposit mode is available for the purpose of making deposits. There is a three hour time limit on the exam, which is 180 minutes long.
During the week of 8 January 2023, there will be an IGNOU Ph.D. Distance Education examination which will be conducted by IGNOU. As part of the Ph.D. entrance examination, there are 100 questions and each question carries four marks. This includes 50% questions relating to Research Methodology and 50% questions relating to Specific Subjects. There are total of 400 marks available for the Ph.D. entrance test. It is estimated that the duration of the IGNOU Ph.D. entrance exam will be 3 hours and 180 minutes.
PhD Distance Education Advantages
Distance learning, as the name implies, saves time because it does not need regular attendance at the study centers. This saves money and time that would otherwise be spent on back-and-forth travel.
Studying from any place – To attend the learning institution of one’s choosing while pursuing Distance Education, one does not need to live in the same city or country. It is possible to study from any location.
Comfort Level – Distance Education provides a person with a level of comfort that they would not have in the regular mode. Some classrooms lack enough seating and other basic facilities, making learning a difficult task.
Versatile – The flexibility that Distance Education offers students is unrivaled. People may find it difficult to attend a regular institution, such as full-time workers, or military personnel. Many online education programs allow you to work at your own speed, allowing you to fit your studies around your other commitments.
PhD Distance Education Application Form
To apply for the PhD Distance Education Admission, students must first fill out the application form on the university website. To be admitted, students must first register themselves and then submit all the necessary documents. If the wrong application form is not corrected by the last correction date, it will not be accepted, and the admission will be considered canceled. Students from the general category pay an application fee of INR 600, and students from the SC/ST category pay an application fee of INR 350.
How to Apply for PhD Distance Education 2023?
- Candidates seeking admission should register and apply online by logging in.
- Registration guidelines can be found on the University’s website.
- Candidates need only submit one application. For admission under special reservations, candidates should also enclose the special reservation forms and certificates shown in Annexures I, II, III, IV, and V as per the instructions given in Eligibility Criteria.
- All future correspondence (students) should include the online application Number.
- Downloaded online applications must be returned with all attachments and payment details, either in person / by registered mail or by speed/registered post to the address in the online application.
PhD Distance Education Programs
There are many PhD admission 2023 in govt universities offered by many universities such as DU, IGNOU, KUK, Jadavpur university, KSOU University, KKHSOU University, OSOU University, BHU University, JNU University, JMI University, etc. Students can avail of Distance Learning Ph.D. Programs as it is affordable and students can pursue this degree through part-time or full-time mode.
- Ahmedabad University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Aligarh Muslim University Ph.D. Admission
- BRAOU MPhil & Ph.D. Admission
- CCS University Ph.D. Admission
- Christ University Ph.D. Admission 2020-22
- GB. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Guru Nanak Dev University Ph.D. Admission
- HPU Shimla Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Hyderabad University Ph.D. Admission
- IGNOU Ph.D. Admission
- Jain University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Jaipur National University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Jamia Islamia Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Kerala University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Mahatama Gandhi University Kerala Ph.D. Admission
- Punjab Agricultural University Ph.D. Admission
- Rajasthan Technical University Ph.D. Admission
- RMLNLU Lucknow Ph.D. Admission January 2023
- Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- SRM University PhD Admission 2023
- Tezpur University Ph.D. Admission 2023
- Thapar University PhD Admission 2023
- Banaras Hindu University
- TISS Mumbai MPhil Ph.D. Admission 2023
- TNAU PhD. Admission
- TNOU Ph.D. Admission January 2023
- Utkal University Ph.D. Admission 2023
PhD for Working Professionals in India
A doctoral degree indicates that you have a high level of knowledge in your field. You’ve continued to research a topic or subject by conducting extensive research. A Doctor of Philosophy, on the other hand, is a fancy degree for working professionals but not one worth considering. Why? A Doctor of Philosophy requires a lot of hard work and time, both of which are always in short supply in full-time jobs.
It is simple to enroll in a PhD Distance Education Program in India because a candidate does not need to attend classes and there is no need to travel to a college. In comparison to a regular course, the cost of the course is also lower. Distance Ph.D. in India and online Ph.D. in India are both available.
Who should do the course?
Many scholars are passionate about their subjects and want to invent something of their interest or discover something that makes other’s lives easy and provides recognition to that scholar. The Ph.D. scholars dedicate their time to their research work. The scholars impart knowledge to others and earn respect and spread quality knowledge. Once the Ph.D. is complete, the students get a lot of opportunities to make a decent salary.
PhD Distance Education Specializations
- Ph.D. in business administration
- Ph.D. in marketing management
- Ph.D. in applied social research
- Ph.D. in law, education, and development
- Ph.D. in accounting and finance
- Ph.D. in computer science
Latest University Distance Education
|University of Delhi||Kakatiya University|
|Vinayaka Missions Sikkim University||Kalinga University|
|Punjabi University||Kurukshetra University|
|Rabindra Bharati University||Kuvempu University|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Subharti University|
- This is an advanced degree after the master’s, so there are many job opportunities in the professional career.
- Some of the jobs like journalism and editing or publishing are also available after this course.
- The candidates also write books and articles.
- Philosophical Journals.
- Publishing houses.
- News Papers.
- Research Institutes.
- Educational Institutes.
- Human Service industry.
- Law Firms.
- Philosophical Journalist.
- Human Services Worker.
- Development and test Engineers.
- Independent Consultants.
- Electrical Product Design Engineer.
- Engineering Technologist.
The students can get jobs in top areas like Market Research Analysts, University professors, Authors, Start-Up Mentors, etc.
List of Universities For PhD Distance Education
The Distance Education Bureau approved the PhD Distance Education; therefore, some well-reputed universities have received massive numbers of applications for admission over the years. Usually, universities conduct entrance examinations for admission, but a few also offer the Ph.D. program at past scores of the candidates. Following is the list of universities that propose the program a distance mode.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Nalanda Open University
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
- Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University
- Amity University
Indira Gandhi National Open University
IGNOU is one of the best in terms of distance education is concerned. Here Candidates may apply for the Ph.D. with a valid master’s degree after clearing the entrance examination.
Nalanda Open University
The NOU offers various specialized programs at the Ph.D. level that consist of Economics, Geography, History, Hindi, Science, etc. The minimum eligibility for the Ph.D. program is a valid master’s degree with 55 percent marks. An entrance test needed to be clear.
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University
The MPBOU proposes the Ph.D. program at 55% in master’s and clearing the entrance examination conducted by the university.
Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University
Candidates may apply to the Ph.D. program under Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University after acquiring a minimum percentage of 55 % in master’s and clearing the entrance test conducted by the university.
Amity University’s directorate of distance education is a branch of amity university through which it offers distance education at the Ph.D. level. The university conducts entrance tests at the university level, and if any students have passed the NET and JRF exams, the university offers scholarships to such students.
Scope of PhD Distance Education
The career-enhancing opportunities provided by the distance Ph.D. program enable students to achieve remarkable heights in their professional lives. An applicant will be equipped with updated abilities after completing the distance Ph.D. program, enabling them to tackle professional obstacles.
Jobs in a variety of fields, including research organizations, scientific laboratories, testing agencies, medical research centers, etc., are open to students. At the companies where they are employed, they will be able to easily advance, or they may even be able to apply for numerous senior-level positions.
After completing the distance PhD program, candidates can expect to earn a salary range between INR 12.62 LPA and INR 34.60 LPA.
Top Cities in India for PhD Distance Education
PhD Distance Learning in Mumbai
There are numerous universities, and colleges approved for admission in the distance education of Ph.D. or doctorate level program in Mumbai. The list of such institutions includes Mumbai University Distance Education, NMIMS University, and more. The admission process, eligibility, fee, etc., of the listed universities, are further detailed in this article. The average fee of Mumbai-located universities for the Ph.D. programs is INR 21720.
PhD Distance Education in Delhi
The national capital offers plenty of options for distance education at the Ph.D. level. A well-recognized university like Indira Gandhi National Open University grants admission to doctoral-level courses after the scores of the entrance test. However, minimum eligibility at the academic level is not lesser than a master’s degree with 55 percent marks. The two-year Delhi-based Ph.D. program average fee is INR 14,000.
PhD Distance Education in Pune
The admission of Ph.D. in various streams opens every year in several distance universities in Pune. The Pune-based universities or colleges that approve the admission of the Ph.D. programs included an exceptional university in name of Savitribai Phule Pune University. The Admission window will remain open for aspirants who have passed both qualifying, and national-level entrance exams like UGC NET/CSIR NET. The fee of the ODL program in Pune ranges from INR 13,000 to 23,500.
Disclaimer: All the information given above is only for the purpose of information. Visit the official site for more info.
Be the first to leave a review.