Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education: TNOU distance education admission 2023 is now open for the academic year session 2023-24. Admission at TNOU is offered for the distance programs of BA, BBA, BSc, BCA, B.Com, M.Com, MCA, MA, MSc, MBA, and more. Anyone interested can apply for the mentioned distance courses through the online application and portal accessed via the website www.tnou.ac.in. 20 October 2023 was the expected last date to apply for admission at TNOU.
Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education Latest Updates:
- TNOU Distance Education admission 2023-24 has been started for various programs for the July 2023 session. Source
- Tamil Nadu Open University distance education admission 2023 last date is 20 October 2023. (Tentative)
- Tamil Nadu Open University has released the list of courses offered for academic year session 2023-24. Source
- TNOU has extended the re-registration payment date till 17 July 2023 with a late payment of Rs 200. Source
- TNOU Assignment submission last date 2023 for non-semester courses is 31 May 2023. Official Notification
- The last date announced by Tamil Nadu Open University to submit a filled re-registration form is 31 May 2023. Click Here
For the upcoming session, the deadline for applying has ended. An annual fee at TNOU ranges from INR 5460 to 1240 per year. Each candidate’s eligibility will be based on the last academic exam performance. The admissions are sometimes based on the entrance score.
TNOU starts the admission process every year on different dates, so to get the new admission dates, the students must be updated by visiting its official webpage.
There will be varying eligibility criteria for each distance degree program at TNOU, and thus general criteria can be checked here:
Undergraduate & PG Courses:
- BCA (Program): About 50% score in the last studies of 10+2 should be acquired.
- BBA (Program): The eligibility is based on qualifying 10+2, having studied mathematics as a major subject.
- MSc: At least a bachelor’s degree in Science from a known institute is required.
- MA: It requires a BA degree with a 50% score to get eligibility.
Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Courses||UG & PG|
|Admission||Online and Offline|
Latest Distance Education Courses
Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education Admission 2023
The Admission process is going on for UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, and Certificate courses for the academic session 2023-24. TNOU Admission’s last date for academic year session 2023 has not been announced yet, but the expected deadline is 20 October 2023. The students who aspire to get admission to the various level courses offered by the university should fill out the application form before the last date. The students are allowed admission in the various UG/PG and other level programs offered under multiple specializations to fulfill the student’s interests.
The application fee for the TNOU DDE course is INR 100. Individuals can deposit TNOU UG, PG courses, Certificate programs, and degree fees using credit, debit, and net banking modes.
TNOU Admission courses like BA, BBA, BSC, MBA, etc., are processed in direct and entrance test mode. Entrance tests are held for the B.Ed, MBA, and PhD programs. Famous entrance tests for MBA and PhD program admissions are CAT and UGC-NET.
TNOU Distance Education UG Admission 2023-24
Tamil Nadu Open University offers various graduate programs in distance mode. The university accepts distance UG admission through the official website of the University. Interested candidates can enroll in TNOU UG programs under degree, diploma, vocational diploma, certificate, and short-term courses. Options for expected individuals of admission are BA Tamil, BLIT (Tamil), BA English, BCOM, BCOM Computer Applications, BBA, DAE, DWT, Vocational DFDGM, CED, CID, Tailoring & Dress Making, and more.
The admission to TNOU-offered programs is completely processed on qualifying exam marks. No individuals are required to appear on any state/national entrance exams for the TNOU UG admission. The selection of applicants for TNOU admission shall be confirmed after the scrutinization process completes.
- BCom: The students should have a 10+2 mark sheet with commerce from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) is offered in various subjects. Students are required to qualify 12th examination with average marks and be eligible. This course fee is INR 4700.
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), 3 years duration, pursued by aspirants who have acquired a qualification of intermediate within computer science and have secured a score of 50%. INR 5000 is the fee.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a degree in the field of management and requires the candidates to have equal strength and eligibility that matches] this course. It is to have a 10+2 degree with a minimum 50% score. There is a fee of INR 6900.
TNOU Distance Education PG Admission 2023-24
The university has started the admission procedure for the PG courses for the academic year 2023. Students can apply through the official website of the Tamil Nadu Open University. An undergraduate degree holder can apply for PG admission at the university. The deadline for PG admission at Tamil Nadu Open University is 20 October 2023 for the academic session 2023-24.
- M.Sc: Psychology, Counseling & Psychotherapy, math, computer science, geography, apparel, and fashion design. Aspirants are to have a bachelor’s in Science Stream from a recognized University, and the selection of students will be made on a merit basis. Counseling will be necessary for entry.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is provided at the PG level by checking students’ performance in the last BCA exam that must have been cleared with an average score. Its fee is INR 9500.
- Masters of Commerce (M.Com), these admissions are also merit-based in distance mode and based on the merit selection that demands having a B.Com/BA/BBM degree from a known institute with a 50% score. It has a fee of INR 8000.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2 years long and based on merit selections. INR 10500 is the average fee.
- TNOU Distance M.L.I.Sc: Graduates of Bachelor of Library Science From a recognized University can apply. Clearers of B.L.I.Sc. from a recognized University on a merit basis can also use it.
TNOU MA Admission
- One can choose from specializations in history, public administration, sociology, English, economics, translation studies, human rights, tourism and travel studies, political science, criminology and criminal justice studies, linguistics, etc.
- A reputable University must have passed Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field.
- Counseling will be taken up for the TNOU admission process.
TNOU Diploma Courses Admission
Diploma Courses: Specialization in Database, management, film acting, museology and conservation, television acting, drama and theatre acting, Yoga for human excellence, cloud computing, customs clearing and forwarding, yoga for human excellence, etc. TNOU BPP entrance exam must be cleared to gain admission.
TNOU PhD Admission
- The applicants should send a Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- (Application cost) and a filled-in application form. The DD should be drawn in favor of ‘Tamil Nadu Open University, payable at Chennai.
- The applicants must submit the attested photocopies of the documents and the filled-in application form.
- Incomplete, late application forms and also application forms with false information, if found, will be rejected without any intimation to the candidates concerned.
- Candidates are therefore advised to carefully fill in the relevant columns and submit the application form to The Controller of Examinations, Tamil Nadu Open University, No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet, Chennai – 600 015.
TNOU Distance Education Application Form 2023
Aspirants applying for PG, UG, Diploma, and PG Diploma courses offered by Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education must visit the study centers specified by the application form and prospectus. The final choice of the aspirants is based on the qualifying exam followed by counseling completion.
However, Demand Drafts drawn from any nationalized bank will be accepted to pay the TNOU Admission fee, Registration fee, Examination fee, Provisional Certificate, and Convocation fee.
The entry forms can be attained by paying the entry form fee from the study center of INR 100/- in cash. The entry forms can also be attained from the MPDD, Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education, Deputy Registrar, 577, Anna Salai, Chennai – 600 015, Saidapet by post through INR 150/- by DD issued in TNOU favor at Chennai.
TNOU Eligibility Criteria
- The aspirants with degrees of UGC with the clearance of the qualifying exam of the 10+2+3 pattern of education can apply.
- Those that have cleared the 11+1+3 pattern of education can also apply.
- Candidates that have cleared the 11+2+2 pattern of education under the open learning system will be eligible for entry into the program.
Tamil Nadu Open University Admit Card
Aspirants will be provided with the TNOU Admit card once the exams start for the various courses of the UG PG level. Aspirants can check the info given on the hall ticket or admit card to be required to present in their exam sessions.
These admit cards will hold the student’s info such as the name, course, college, date, registration number, hall ticket number, photo, name of the exam, gender, exam time and date, etc. One must check all of this info’s accuracy and then download the card.
Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education Admission Process
- Aspirants must visit the TNOU Distance Education admission official site; click here to do the same.
- In the admission section, click on ‘Online TNOU admission’ from the above menu.
- Aspirants will be given a web page for making entries for new registration of the aspirants.
- Next, they are to click on the ‘New registration’ button.
- The screen of Login will appear with a button for the applicant’s login.
- They can next log in and go for the TNOU admission form.
- The entry form must be filled in per the aspirant’s details and information.
- The attached docs are to be self-attested and attached with the entry forms.
- Next, submission is to be made online or offline through the post or in person.
How to use the Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education Login?
- Candidates can check the TNOU Login portal; click here to check it out.
- When the outlet is accessible, it will ask aspirants to fill in their details.
- They must add their username and password to the boxes accordingly.
- Candidates can click on the ‘login’ button once they are done.
Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education Courses Offered
Tamil Nadu Open University Offers courses in UG and PG Programmes in different disciplines. A diploma and a certificate program are also available at TNOU. There are various courses offered by Tamil Nadu Open University in the list given below.
|BA (English)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Science)||3 Years|
|BBA (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|MA (English)||2 Years|
|MA (Social Work)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|PG Diploma Courses|
|PG Diploma in Disaster Management||1 years|
|P.G. Diploma in Information Security||1 years|
|P.G. Diploma in Public Administration||1 years|
|P.G. Diploma in Rural Development||1 years|
|Certificate in NGO Management||6 Months|
|Certificate in Rural Development||1 Year|
|Certificate in Food and Nutrition||2 years|
|Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults||4 Weeks|
|Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics||
TNOU Hall Ticket
TNOU (Tamil Nadu Open University) provides hall tickets to their Students for an academic session in July. Students can easily download their hall tickets at the official portal. The enrollment number is the most important to access the TNOU hall ticket for the July session.
If the students don’t have a hall ticket, then the University isn’t permitted to attend session exams. Students should know that a Hall ticket is compulsory for the TEE examination.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: Are Tamil Nadu Open University degrees valid?
Ans: UGC-DEB has approved the university and the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) and NCTE have recognized it. Students enrolled in these courses can be sure that their degrees/diplomas/certificates are valid and credible because it is a reputable and trustworthy university.
Ques 2: How can apply for distance education in Tamil Nadu Open University?
Ans: To apply for admission to Tamilnadu Open University admission 2023 candidates can visit the official website of the university. Here you can find an online application form for admission that will be available soon for the academic year session 2023-24.
Tamil Nadu Open University Distance Education Contact Details:
- Phone: 044-24306600.
Be the first to leave a review.