BTech Distance Education Admission?: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has not permitted the BTech course to be taught via Distance Mode in India. The course can only be taken in Regular mode. The Bachelor of Technology is a four-year technical program that combines technology and innovation topics. In this program, students can choose a specialization that suits their interests.
The course is an undergraduate program in engineering that lasts four years. Through projects, coursework, internships, etc., B.Tech students gain extensive knowledge and practical experience. B.Tech courses are available through distance education in mechanical, civil, computer, information technology, electronics, and telecommunications engineering.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Technology
- Eligibility Criteria: Completed 10+2 with at least 50% marks from the recognized board. Admissions are usually based on the results of state-level entrance exams.
- Duration: 4 years
- Fee: Usually, Approx INR 40,000 is the semester fee for B-Tech.
- Top College: VTU, VIT Vellore, SRM Chennai, BIT Mesra, BIT Sindri.
- Career Option: After pursuing BTech, students can continue doing M-Tech in similar fields and get rewarding jobs in the corporate world. The initial pay for B-Tech working professionals ranges from INR 1.8 LPA to 2.4 LPA.
BTech Distance Education Highlights
|Fee||Approx INR 40,000 Per Semester|
Is Distance B-Tech worth it?
Distance learning is not authorized by the UGC in India for BTech courses. The course can only be taken in Regular mode. A regular B-Tech (Bachelor of Technology) study course is worthwhile because of its scope in numerous technological firms, industries, and research departments.
- Skills: In such learning courses, the students become experts with critical thinking, analytical skills, research aptitude, communication skills, interpersonal skills, multitasking, and others.
- Time Flexibility: It provides satisfaction and motivation through a better study environment and reduces fatigue and stress.
- Fee and Cost: A distance B-Tech is among the most affordable study courses these days that are available to be studied from any distance institute with a fee of INR 16,000 to INR 80,000 for a complete academic year.
- Earn While You Learn: These learners can plan working hours in the office along with study hours with effective management. In this way, a professional can spend more time in the office as the study hours are in the hand of such individuals.
Is BTech Distance Education Valid?
There is no validity to the distance education program for a BTech.The curriculum of this course requires an applicant to attend multiple lab sessions, live lectures, etc., that an applicant will not be able to attend via the distance mode. Hence, the UGC and DEB do not recognize the B Tech Distance Education course.
Latest University Distance Education
|Madras University||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Madurai Kamraj University||Nims University|
|Maharishi Dayanand University||OPJS University|
|Mangalore University||Osmania University|
|Manonmaniam Sundarnar University||Subharti University|
BTech Distance Education Admission
The BTech program is a four-year professional degree program designed for individuals seeking technical expertise in their respective fields of specialization. While most colleges in India offer the BTech degree through regular mode, the UGC-DEB does not approve it for open and distance learning.
To enroll in this program, candidates must have completed 10+2 with science subjects (PCM/PCB) from a reputable board. Admission to this course is based on merit or performance in an entrance examination.
BTech Distance Education Application Form
Many universities use the entrance exam score when admitting students to BTech programs. The application form for admission to the BTech degree program can be found on the university’s official website. Students should complete their applications completely and correctly, along with all required information.
BTech Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates with a valid certificate of passing 12th or any equal degree from any University approved by NAAC with a minimum of 52% marks are allowed to apply for entries in BTech.
- Candidates can go for MTech entries in relevant fields after this course.
- Seekers can apply for BTech distance education after completing higher secondary science subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
BTech Distance Education Duration of the Course
- BTech Distance Education is not valid in India. Students can take this course in regular mode only. The duration of the Btech course is 4 years and is divided into 8 semesters.
Entrance Exam: Most Universities offer BTech admission to students on the basis of their performance in the entrance exams conducted at the National level. Some popular entrance exams for engineering courses admission are as follows:
- JEE Advanced
- JEE Main
BTech Distance Education Fee
- As mentioned, a BTech degree is not approved for Distance learning in India. So the Student can take this degree in regular mode only, and the approx fee of the Btech in regular mode is INR 90,000 to INR 4,30,000 Per Year.
Online BTech Distance Education Admission (Not Valid)
Online BTech Degree is not applicable in India. It is a technology bachelor’s degree focusing on primary and basic engineering disciplines. B.Tech focuses on applied sciences and practical knowledge of subjects that enable students to master all key subjects of the degree.
BTech also allows students to learn professional skills essential to the engineering field. Candidates who have completed their HSC in the science stream and wish to pursue a career in technology can apply for direct admission to the BTech program.
IGNOU BTech Distance Education Admission 2023-24 (BTCM)
IGNOU offers BTech Construction Management (BTCM) that is designed to provide training and continuing education, and professional knowledge appropriate for upgrading the diploma-level manpower engaged in managing construction tasks.
The eligibility criteria are a three-year Diploma in Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Computer/ Architecture/ Chemical Engineering from a recognized polytechnic or its equivalent. They Should be employed/self-employed in an equivalent capacity.
Minimum Duration: 4 Years
Course Fee: Rs. 40,000
Minimum Age: No bar
Maximum Age: No bar
BTech Distance Education in Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth University
Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth University has started admission for a professional undergraduate degree program in the technology and engineering stream. Candidates can visit the official portal of Lingaya University to apply for the B.Tech degree program.
The UGC-approved university comprises civil engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science engineering, mechanical & automobile engineering, electronics, & communication engineering, etc., in the lateral mode. Candidates should obtain 50% in the 12th class from the science stream. There is no age limit prescribed for the B.Tech degree admission.
BTech Distance Education in Hindustan University Institute of Technology & Science
The admission process to Hindustan University Insitute of Technology & Science is to be started soon. The admission process for B.Tech four-year degree program needs a valid score on the entrance test called HITSEEE. Online registration for HITSEEE is currently active at the university portal.
Candidates who rank in the top 25 of HITSEEE shall receive a 100% fee waiver. JEE Main qualified candidates can also get admission to the Hindustan B.Tech degree program. The application fee for HITSEEE is INR 1200.
BTech Distance Education Entrance Exam
Those interested in enrolling in a technology-oriented BTech distance learning program can receive admission if they secure a high percentage in the university entrance examinations, state entrance examinations, and national entrance examinations, such as VITEEE, SRMJEEE, and JEE Main. Here are the sections in which we will be discussing the entrance tests for B.Tech courses.
- A university-level entrance exam, “VITEEE”, is to be conducted to offer admission in various specializations of BTech, such as Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and more. Candidates can register for the VITEEE by reaching out to the official portal of the university.
- The online exam mode will be held for two hours and thirty minutes. All questions would be asked in the MCQ Mode. The number of sections for VITEEE includes Aptitude, Physics, Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Biology, etc., streams. The application fee for VITEEE is INR 1,150.
- SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam, commonly known as SRMJEEE, is driven annually by the SRM Institute of Science & Technology for admission to the B.Tech undergraduate degree program. The registration fee for SRMJEEE is INR 1200. Applicants can deposit the SRMJEEE registration fee online using a debit/credit card or net banking. An online exam is held for two and a half hours. Candidates must answer questions from the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Maths.
BTech JEE Main
- The Joint Entrance Exam has evolved as an engineering entrance test for admission to a B.Tech undergraduate degree. Ranked obtained candidates in the B.Tech JEE Main/Advanced exams can elevate to apply to the various colleges of B.Tech in India. The general category candidates will be required to deposit a fee of INR 650 for the respected entrance exam.
BTech Distance Education Specializations
BTech Aeronautical Engineering
- BTech is a bachelor-level course in which students learn about the construction and design of aircraft materials. The students research and test new gadgets that can be used by society. The students must have passed the 12th class from the science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as the main subjects.
BTech Applied Electronics and instrumentation
- BTech in (AEI) is a four-year course divided into 8 semesters. It can be studied separately or along with electronics engineering. The investigation centres around a plan, design, or computerized framework. Instrument engineers are liable for the plans, development, and support of the whole business instruments.
BTech Automobile Engineering
- A Bachelor of Technology degree with a specialization in Automobiles is a course that is in the technical field. The students need to learn how the engines and other machinery parts of automobiles work and how to increase their efficiency in the process.
BTech Agricultural Engineering
- The Bachelor of Technology in Agriculture degree is a degree offered at the bachelor’s level that focuses on the application of agriculture technology in order to enhance crop harvesting. The BTech Agriculture Engineering program is open to students who have completed intermediate in a science stream and have studied biology as part of their studies.
BTech Mechanical Engineering
- The mechanical engineering course is a specialized course that aspires to provide students with knowledge regarding mechanical prospects. The duration for pursuing the BTech Distance Education course in the Mechanical Engineering discipline is of 4 years. Before filling out the application form for admission into this course, students must have passed their 12th class from a recognized institute.
BTech Distance Education in Electrical Engineering
- BTech in Electrical Engineering is the most pursued specialization of B.Tech. This specialization duration is four years of bachelor’s duration course. In this course, students learn electrical fundamentals, electricity application, electronics & electromagnetism. Students must pass 10+2 in Science, with PCM as a compulsory subject.
Career Path After BTech Distance Education
Skilled and trained BTech graduates are demanded in professional markets and industries for different profiles according to their specializations. One can get their job done in civil, agriculture, automobile, mechanical, chemical, or IT industries and have an initial Rs package. INR 15,000 to Rs. INR 20,000 as primary pay.
Job Opportunity in BTech Distance Education
Salary After BTech Distance Education
- The average salary varies according to the post, though it begins with INR 6-7 LPA.
Top Companies that Hire BTech Distance Education Graduates
|Infosys Technologies||Flipkart||ITC Limited|
|IBM Global Services||Myntra||Hindustan Unilever Ltd|
|Tata Consultancy||Amazon||Larson & Turbo|
Job Area: The candidates can get jobs in top companies like the Geological Survey of India, IPCL, ONGC, HCL, Coal India, etc.
List of Universities For BTech Distance Education
Following are the top five universities in India that offer B.tech at distance education:
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women in Delhi
- GB Pant Government Engineering College in Delhi
- Jamia Miliia Islamia University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University in Delhi
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology in Delhi
BTech Distance Education FAQs?
Ques 1. Is this University approved by UGC?
Ans. Yes, Sikkim Manipal University is a government university approved by UGC.
Ques 2. Is my course valid for government or private job applications?
Ans. Yes, if you completed your courses in regular mode, then your course is valid for government or private job applications.
Ques 3. Is my degree or certificate valid for study abroad or Jobs?
Ans. Yes, Your degree certificates will be valid for study and jobs abroad.
Ques 4. Can I pay a fee in installments?
Ans. Yes, You can pay your fee in installments or semester-wise
Ques 5. What will be my exam mode?
Ans. All your examinations will be done via offline mode at the concerned centers.
Note: The BTech course doesn’t offer in distance education mode. Because the UGC-DEB and AICTE do not give approval to this course in distance learning mode.
Be the first to leave a review.