MBA Distance Education 2023: Master of Business Administration (MBA) in distance learning mode is a post-graduate degree program. Aspirants who have passed an undergraduate degree with at least 45–50% marks can opt for admission to this 2-year master’s degree. MBA distance education admission for the July 2023–24 session is ongoing at IGNOU, Madras University, Mumbai University, Alagappa University, DU SOL, MKU, KUK, BRAOU, Tezpur University, and more.
Candidates can get more details about the present status of universities for admission to distance MBA programs in the admission status section below:
- IGNOU has invited online applications for MBA distance education admission 2023–24, and the last date to register for the application form was 20 October 2023. Source
- Mumbai University IDOL invites online application forms for admission to the distance MBA program for the July 2023–24 session; the extended last date to apply was 10 October 2023. Source
- Kurukshetra University DDE has extended the date of MBA admission for the session. The last date to register for Master of Business Administration courses in distance learning mode was 20 October 2023. Source
In India, an MBA is one of the most popular master’s degrees pursued in distance learning mode. The Distance Education Bureau of UGC and AICTE approves several universities to run MBA courses in distance education mode. Therefore, the degree is valid and acceptable by both public and private organizations.
To pursue an MBA correspondence course in India, students need to pay an average fee of INR 15,910-INR 86,941 per semester. To be admitted to this master’s degree in business administration, applicants must submit an application form online or offline along with the required documents to their desired university with application fee charges of Rs 300 to Rs 1200 payable through demand draft, net banking, UPI, etc.
During the next 2 years, universities will provide several opportunities for MBA distance education students to complete their education without sacrificing their jobs, which is mentioned below in the article in detail. A student can pursue this master’s degree in several specializations like human resource management, supply chain management, marketing management, hospitality management, digital marketing, logistics management, and more.
MBA Distance Education Highlights
|Course Name||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any stream|
|Fees Approx||Approx. INR 15,910-INR 86,941 per semester (As per University)|
|Mode of Learning||Distance Education|
|Offered By||Several UGC-DEB-approved Universities|
|Top Universities/Colleges||IGNOU, Symbiosis, Bharathiar University, Punjab University, LPU, MKU, and more.|
Why Study MBA Distance Education?
The two-year MBA program is well-known in the business world. The student community, especially aspirants who want to work in the management sector in the future, is extremely happy that it has been included in the distance education mode.
The quality of the MBA degree program in distance education mode fully equips learners with the skills and even offers internships in respected organizations to practice their roles to ensure their future success. The following is a list of the factors that motivate students to enrol in an MBA distance learning program.
- Compared to regular and online degrees, the cost of an MBA distance education program is still very reasonable.
- The demands of contemporary management and the professional world are reflected in the revision and updating of all educational materials.
- With online books, printed materials, and other resources, students can complete the MBA distance learning program.
- Candidates can apply for jobs in management-level profiles after completing the MBA distance education degree program and receive a good salary package.
- Working professionals seeking to advance their careers and receive a higher salary should consider this MBA program.
- The distance MBA program is a good option for students who wish to obtain an MBA degree but are unable to attend regular classes due to a variety of reasons.
- The MBA distance education course provides business and management information.
MBA Distance Education Admission 2023–24
Online application forms for admission to distance MBA programs are now open at several UGC-DEB-approved universities for the July 2023–24 session. Candidates must fill out the application form to be admitted to the correspondence MBA program before the last date. As candidates already seen in the admission status section, the last date differs for different universities, such as DU SOL, Mumbai University, MKU, IGNOU, etc.
For those who wish to apply for admission to an MBA distance learning course, they need to visit the official website of the university in which they wish to enroll in the program. The university should, however, provide the MBA specialization in correspondence mode that you are looking for and also ensure that it meets the eligibility criteria before you start the process of filling out the application form.
For the students who have already selected an MBA distance education specialization or want to select one of them, We provide a list below this section where students can find almost all the popular specializations of the program. Visit your favorite specialization page to get separate details and the admission status of the universities that provide your selected specialization.
MBA Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Master of Business Administration distance education course can vary in the different institutions or Universities or Colleges, but normally possess the following:
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any stream from any UGC-recognised University/ Institute.
- Work Experience: For admission to some distance MBA specialties, applicants are required to have some years of work experience in the relevant field.
- Entrance Test (Dependent on the University/Institute): Some universities conduct MBA distance education admission based on entrance tests like the GMAT and GRE.
MBA Distance Education Fee Range in India
The distance MBA fee range in India can vary widely depending on the university as well as the MBA specialization in finance, Human resource management, Hospitality management, Aircraft and airport management, finance, etc. But generally, the cost of an MBA distance program ranges between Approximately INR 15,910- and INR 86,941 per semester.
Here is the list of some university’s fee charges for MBA Distance Education courses:
|Online & Distance MBA Universities||Total Average Fees|
|Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning||Rs 37,000|
|SMU Directorate of Distance Education||Rs 80,000|
|Jain Online||Rs. 1,14,000|
|ICFAI University||Rs 65,000 to Rs 75,000|
|Chandigarh University||Rs. 57,800|
|Annamalai University||Rs 57,050|
|Amity University, (Online Learning)||Rs. 3,00,000|
MBA Distance Education Syllabus
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles and Practice of Management||
|Principles and Practice of Management||
Human Resource Management
Management Information System
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Required Specialisation 1||
Required Specialisation 3
|Required Specialisation 2||Elective 2|
|Elective 1||Elective 3|
MBA Distance Education Admission Process 2023
The application process for an MBA distance education course completely depends on the university/college to which a candidate wants to apply for admission to this program. But here we mentioned some general steps for filling out and submitting the application form, which is as follows:
- Research: First of all, students need to research different MBA distance education specializations that are best fit for educational and professional careers according to their interests and previous education qualifications. A table of some top distance MBA specializations is mentioned in this article, check that table once.
- Application: After selection of the best specialization, applicants must submit an online or offline application form by visiting the official website of their desired university, along with a scanned copy of academic documents.
- Review: Once the applicant submits the application form along with the application fee. The Institute will then review the submitted application form and supporting documents to determine whether the applicant meets the eligibility criteria for admission to the desired MBA ODL program.
- Admission Confirmation: If the applicant fulfills all the admission criteria, then the Institute will inform about his/her acceptance of admission on the mobile number or email ID given by the applicant in the application form.
- Enrollment: After the application is accepted, candidates must complete the additional paperwork and deposit the tuition fee to book a sheet for the MBA distance education program.
Documents Required for MBA Distance Education
- Passport size photograph
- Educational Certificate of Qualifying Examination
- Domicile Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Migration and Transfer Certificates
- Identity Proof
- Residential Proof, etc
List of MBA Distance Education Universities in India
Here students can find the details for the popular or best distance MBA colleges in India with fee details and the present admission status. Most of the students are looking for admission to these colleges:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- University of Mumbai Institute of Distance & Open Learning (MU IDOL)
- Subharati University DDE
- Calicut University Distance Education
- Andhra University DDE
- Tezpur University ODL
- Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU DDE)
|Alagappa University Distance Education||BAOU Distance Education|
|Anna University DDE, Chennai||BDU CDE|
Bharati Vidyapeeth University DDE
|Chandigarh University DDE||BSAU DDE|
|Guru Nanak Dev University DDE||DAVV DDE|
|HPU ICDEOL||DDE GJU|
|ICFAI University DDE||DU SOL|
Jain University DDE
|KKHSOU Distance Education||JMI Distance Education|
|KSOU Distance Education||
Shivaji University DDE
Shoolini University DDE
|Mangalayatan University Distance Education||
SRM University DDE
|MGAHV DDE||SVSU DDE|
|MKU DDE||UOU DDE|
|NSOU Distance Education||UPRTOU|
|Osmania University Distance Education||PUDDE|
|Panjab University Distance Education||PSSOU Distance Education|
MBA Distance Education from IGNOU
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites online applications for MBA correspondence courses at present, Interested students can apply on or before the last date 20 October 2023. This university provides a Master of Business Administration distance education course at the fee range of approximately Rs 15,500 per semester. Students can the following MBA ODL specializations at this University:
- MBA General
- MBA HRM
- MBA Financial Management
- MBA Operations Management
- MBA Marketing Managenet
- MBA Banking and Finance
MBA Distance Education from KUK
Kurukshetra University is a prestigious university located in Thanesar, Haryana. The directorate of distance education of this university is popular as KUK DDE. This university offered a number of UG/PG courses including MBA distance learning courses. Candidates looking for admission to the MBA program in distance mode at this university can apply before the last date. Following are the Master of Business Administration Specializations offered by this University in ODL mode:
- MBA General
- MBA Hospitality Management (MBA HM)
To apply for this master’s degree in business administration under correspondence mode candidates must submit an online application form by paying an application fee charge of Rs 1000. A course fee of Rs 13,500 will be payable after confirmation of admission.
Distance MBA From Delhi University
DU SOL MBA admission 2023 last date was 20 October 2023. Applicants must register themselves on or before this deadline. To fill out the application form applicants must visit the online registration portal www.soladmission.samarth.edu.in/mba/
The application fee charged for the Delhi University Distance Education MBA course is Rs 500 which is payable at the time of application form submission. Annual fee charges of Rs 51,720 by Delhi University for MBA correspondence course. Aspirants looking for admission to this program at DU must have passed an undergraduate degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
Delhi University distance education MBA specializations:
- MBA in Culture Philosophy & Management
- MBA in Economics & Public Policy
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Finance
- MBA Information Technology Management
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA Operations Management & Decision Sciences
- MBA in Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- MBA in Strategic Management
Madurai Kamaraj University MBA Distance Education
Admission to the MBA distance learning program has been going on at MKU distance education for the academic year session 2023-24, One can apply by visiting the official website of the university. MKU DDE MBA admission 2023-24 last date was 20 October 2023.
Fee Structure: Madurai Kamraj University MBA distance education fee is Rs 18,000 per semester or Rs 36,000 per year. The university also charges Rs 400 additional fees charges for non-MKU students.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates looking for distance MBA admission at this university must have passed a UG degree in any specialization.
Specializations: Interested students can pursue any one of the following specializations through this university:
- MBA Financial Management Distance Education
- MBA International Business Distance Education
- MBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management Distance Education
- MBA Human Resource Management Distance Education
- MBA Marketing Management Distance Education
- MBA Operations & Project Management Distance Education
- MBA Retail Management Distance Education
- MBA System Management Distance Education
- MBA Airline & Airport Management Distance Education
- MBA Hospital Management Distance Education
- MBA Tourism & Hotel Management Distance Education
MBA Distance Education Application Form Process 2023
If a candidate can choose in which specialization he/she wants to enroll for admission to a distance Learning MBA program and at which University/College. Then visit the official website of that university or college for the online application form, and follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Firstly, ready a scanned copy of all the required documents in PDF and PNG format including signature, passport-size photograph, academic documents, etc.
- Then visit the application form section and start filling out the details correctly such as Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, address, academic qualification details, E-mail, Phone number, etc.
- Make sure the details you fill in the application form are correct.
- Now, upload a copy of all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee online through net banking, UPI, Phone pe, Pat TM, etc.
- Finally, submit the application form.
MBA Distance Education Specializations
|MBA Banking and Finance||MBA Retail Management|
|MBA HRM||MBA System Management|
|MBA Financial Management||MBA Airline and Airport Management|
|MBA Operations Management||MBA Hospital Management|
|MBA Marketing Management||MBA Tourism and Hotel Management|
|MBA International Business Management||MBA Product and Brand Management|
|MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management||MBA Project and Operations Management|
|MBA Supply Chain Management||MBA IT Management|
|MBA Aviation & Airport Management
||MBA Operation Management|
Scope of MBA Distance Learning
MBA Distance Education is a flexible and high-level professional course, and youth are attracted to the MBA Distance Education course day by day. Distance MBA job opportunities also depend on students’ skills and productivity.
Whenever students decide to pursue any degree, they also analyze their career options just as After an MBA, Students can apply for marketing, banking Development Manager, Financial Analyst, Finance Manager, etc. According to Educational Research, A large number of students get jobs with a high salary package.
MBA Distance Education in India
This section is designed for those students who are looking for MBA distance education admission in a particular city or state or place. Here we provide you a detail of popular places for which most students are looking for distance MBA admission such as MBA distance education in Delhi, MBA distance learning admission in Tamilnadu, and so on.
Students can check the list of Top 10 Distance MBAs in India. These universities are private, deemed, and government. Students can check more information about the course details and placement rates on the official website of that university. The well-known universities are listed below.
- Amity University
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University
- DU SOL
- Annamalai University
MBA distance education in Delhi
Candidates who are looking for MBA distance learning admission in Delhi can apply for admission at the universities mentioned below before the deadline. In Delhi, students can pursue this master’s degree in management by paying a course fee of Rs 15,000 to Rs 28,000 per semester. (Students can visit “MBA distance education in Delhi” for more details)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Delhi University School of Open Learning (DU SOL)
- Jamia Milia Islamia University (JMI)
MBA Distance Education in Tamilnadu
Aspirants looking for admission to the Master of Business Administration distance education in Tamilnadu, India can apply for admission to the following universities:
Note: The last date to apply for MBA distance education admission in Tamilnadu for July 2023 session is mentioned in front of the university name (if admission is ongoing at the university).
- BSAU Distance Education
- TNOU Distance Education
- Institute of Distance Education University of Madras
- MS University Distance Education
- Bhrathidasan University Distance Education
- Kalaslingum University Distance Education
- Anna University Distance Education
Career Options After MBA Distance Education Course
After opting for Distance MBA Education there are unlimited career options available in industries, public service, healthcare, energy, and consumer goods.
An MBA distance education can unlock new avenues and offer you fresh skills in your place of work. A distance learning MBA holder can initially start their career with an executive profile then later with some years of experience they can apply for HR Manager, Business Analyst, ERP consultant, Sales Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager, etc.
After MBA Distance Education Jobs Profile
- HR Executive
- Customer Relationship Executive
- Business Development
- Department Manager
- Sales Executive
- Relationship Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Development Executive
- Business Analyst Trainee
- Banking and Insurance Industry
Areas of Recruitment for MBA Distance Education
The Distance MBA is the most popular program in the field of business administration. People who finish the MBA Distance Education course can work as business administrators for the government or a private company. After getting an MBA through distance learning, these are some places where people can look for work.
|Business Consultancies||Multinational Companies|
|Brand & Marketing||Educational Institutes|
|Non- Profit Organisations||Export Companies|
|Personal Business||Financial Organisations|
Additional Knowledge about MBA Distance Learning
This section of this article is for those students who are looking to get some information about MBA correspondence courses. But can’t find the answer to their query in the sections that provide general information about the course. I hope they find the answers to their query in this section.
Distance MBA Without Entrance Exam
Most of the private and Government universities offer admission to distance MBA programs directly. To get admission to these universities students do not require to take any entrance exam. Some popular universities offer direct admission whereas some are provided admission based on the merit score of the student’s marks in the last qualifying examination.
Some popular Govt. colleges for correspondence MBA in India that provide direct admission without taking any entrance exam are DU SOL, IGNOU, BRAOU, VMOU, Pondichery University, Kuvempu University, etc.
Latest University for Distance Education
|Madras University||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Madurai Kamraj University||Nims University|
|Maharishi Dayanand University||OPJS University|
|Mangalore University||Osmania University|
|Manonmaniam Sundarnar University||Subharti University|
Ques-1 Is this University approved by UGC?
Ans-1 Yes, all universities are approved by UGC.
Ques-2 Is my course valid for government or private job applications?
Ans-2 This University is government-approved, your certificates are valid in all private organizations and can be attested by government organizations.
Ques-3 Is my degree or certificate valid for abroad Study or Jobs?
Ans-3 Yes, it is valid both for study and a job abroad.
Ques-4 How to Apply for this course?
Candidates can apply for MBA distance education online and offline in both ways:
In the online process, candidates can directly mail us their documents such as the 10th & 12th marks sheet with ID proof and address proof and we will call them.
They can fill out the application form online and directly mail us their documents with their fee payment via online transactions, Demand Draft, etc.
And thereafter they will be enrolled in the course.
For offline procedures or more details, students can directly visit us.
Ques-5 What will be my Distance learning MBA exam mode?
Ans-5 All the examinations will be held in offline mode at the concerned centers.
Ques-6 Can I pay a fee in installments?
Ans-6 Yes, You can pay your fee in installments per semester.
Ques-8 Is a distance education degree valid for an MBA?
Ans: The answer is Yes, MBA distance education is a valid Post Graduation program approved by UGC-DEB. It is valid to do any equivalent Private or Government job.
Ques-9 Can I study MBA without entrance?
Ans: Yes, candidates can apply for MBA distance education without an entrance exam. Various Universities in India give this opportunity.
Ques-10 Can I get a job after a distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, Many organizations give opportunities to individuals who have MBA degrees. MBA distance education degree you are able to apply for both private and Gov. jobs.
Ques-11: Does Tezpur University provide MBA distance education admission?
Ans: No, Tezpur University does not offer a distance MBA program at present.
Note: All the above-mentioned dates are tentative. Please visit the official site for accurate information.
Be the first to leave a review.