BEd Distance Education Admission 2023: Bachelor of Education (BEd) is one of the prominent degrees. There are many universities and colleges that offer BEd distance education of two years of duration that covers various topics of pedagogy and education. The course curriculum not only transmits knowledge but also helps improve communication skills, analytical reasoning, and leadership skills.
For admission to BEd distance education in India, applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree program from a recognized institution. The objective of offering BEd through distance education is to boost students’ chances of pursuing their education so that they can improve their teaching skills. Students can enroll in this course according to their schedule and convenience of timing.
Jamia Millia Islamia, IGNOU, Bharathidasan University, MDU, and Kurukshetra University, among others, are some of the major universities/colleges that offer Distance BEd programs. One of the major universities that offer distance education programs in the field of education is IGNOU and the University of Jammu. The cost of the distance BEd ranges from INR 52,650 to INR 1,05,250.
BEd Distance Learning duration can be done in 1-2 years as it depending on university selection.
Distance BEd Eligibility Criteria
- Those students who want to enroll in Distance BEd courses must have their UG degree with a 50 % score through the recognized University or Institute.
- Most University conducts entrance exam for BEd Admission Selection.
- There is no age limit for the BEd course.
Fee: A student has to pay INR 52,650 to INR 1,05,250 for a Distance BEd course fee.
The techniques and learning patterns are slightly modified, but the growth is conventional, and students receive good opportunities after completing the program. Most of the students who opted for this method had a very good experience.
Distance B.Ed Trending News
- The application window of UPRTOU is now open for BEd distance education admission 2023-24, interested candidates can apply before the last date 15 June 2023 (without late fine). But with a late fine candidates can apply until 24 June 2023. Official Source
- IGNOU has released the answer key for BEd Distance Education for session 2023. Check the complete official BEd Distance Education Answer Key 2023 here.
- TNOU has uploaded the result of the BEd (Spl Ed) Entrance Exam 2023 on the official portal. Check the result here.
BEd Distance Education Admission Highlights
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Education|
|Eligibility||Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks|
|Approved By||UGC and NCTE|
|Fee Structure||INR 52,650 to INR 1,05,250|
Some University Offer Distance Education
BEd Distance Education Admission 2023
Admission into BEd Distance Education is started by numerous institutions and Universities for the academic session 2023-24. The students who aspire to a career as a teacher should opt for admission in the BEd distance education course if they can’t pursue the course via regular mode.
The selection of students getting admission into the course is majorly done by the institutions after the rankings of applicants in the entrance exam conducted either at the university level or at the national level.
Some institutes directly select students based on their previous qualifying scores or an applicant can take the entrance exam.
- IGNOU B.Ed Distance Education Entrance Exam Date is 8th January 2023.
- After completing a B.Ed. through distance learning, students can begin teaching. This allows the person to gain experience and prepare for teaching higher classes while teaching lower classes.
- While teaching schools and earning a BEd, one can support themselves and their families.
The University or College will provide students with course materials, included in the tuition fee.
- B.Ed. Distance Education allows for more practical learning than theory in B.Ed.
A minimum score of 45% is required for the students enrolling in the B.Ed distance education program in a recognized institution after passing a bachelor-level course. Under the Distance Bachelor of Education course, students have the option of choosing from several specializations, including BEd in special education, BEd in mathematics, and BEd in economics.
BEd Distance Education 1 Year
For students who were unable to complete their BEd degree, distance education programs offer a convenient solution. With the flexibility of Distance learning, students can complete their One Year BEd Correspondence Course. These programs cover a range of topics, including education theory, teaching methods, and classroom management. Graduates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career in teaching or advance their existing career.
BEd Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
Students can apply for a Bachelor of Education (BEd) only after completing a graduate degree with a minimum of 50 percent marks in a duration of three years. The course has been approved by UGC & NCTE. Hence candidates don’t have to bother over the authenticity.
- Candidates that have a bachelor’s level degree from any registered and approved college in India are allowed to apply for entries in this course.
- Candidates should have passed Graduation for Admission.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% in graduation.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% at the post-graduate level.
- Successful completion of graduation in any Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BSc.) or Bachelor in Commerce (B. Com.) from a recognized university.
B.Ed Distance Education University List
The applicant has a number of options when it comes to choosing the best college or university that provides the best learning and education for the applicant admitted to a BEd distance course. The following is a list of the best distance education universities that offer bed courses. Those who are interested may choose one of these universities.
|Name of BEd ODL College/University||Location||Fee|
|Karnataka State Open University (KSOU)||Mysuru||INR 20,000 to INR 60, 000|
|Vardhman Mahaveer Open University (VMOU)||Kota||INR 26,880|
|Dr B R Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)||Telangana||INR 25,000|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)||Delhi||INR 55,000|
|Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University (MPBOU)||Madhya Pradesh||INR 30,000|
IGNOU BEd Distance Education Admission
Admission for the academic year 2023 for the IGNOU B.Ed Distance Education program has begun. By visiting the official Ignou B.Ed website, applicants can fill out the online entrance exam.
Eligibility: The applicant can apply for admission to the two-year degree program after completing their bachelor’s/master’s degree. There must be a minimum of 50% in an approved Indian university, and ST/SC/OBC will have a reservation and relaxation of 5%.
- Applicants for admission to the B.Ed program must pass the university’s entrance examination.
- IGNOU BEd Entrance Test 2023 will be conducted on 8th January 2023.
Bharathiar University BEd Distance Education Admission
A student must complete the graduation degree with at least 45% marks to be eligible for the B-U scholarship program. The application portal can be found at @www.b-u.ac.in. Students who wish to be admitted to the course are required to hold a 2-year diploma in teacher education from an institution recognized by the NCTE. There is an application form that can be obtained from the Bharathiar University DDE from the month of May.
YCMOU B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2023
YCMOU Admission for the BEd course for session 2023 has started. The bachelor of education or BEd degree at distance mode is offered at YCMOU to eligible students. One who has completed their education in D.Ed/DTE or any relevant degree with a 40% score can apply. The application form for the BEd course at YCMOU is available at @www.ycmoubed.digitaluniversity.ac.
Jamia Millia Islamia B.Ed Distance Education
Registration for the distance BEd course generally starts in the month of September every year. JMI CDOE provides ODL BEd programs to a student who has a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or has a master’s degree in any discipline are eligible. The admission criteria for BEd distance education are based on the entrance test conducted by JMI CDOE. The duration of the ODL BEd course is 2 to 5 years. The Jamia Millia Islamia BEd distance education program fee is Rs 20,000 per year.
Madurai Kamaraj University B.Ed Distance Education
At MKU University get BEd Distance Education admission for 2023 and the aspiring students are needed to fill out their application form before the deadline. The students who have passed their bachelor level education can aspire for getting admission into this course. The duration of BEd Distance Education course at this university is of 2 years and requires an applicant to pass an entrance exam in the process to get admission.
Kashmir University B.Ed Distance Education
The University of Kashmir provides BEd courses in distance mode. Admission will start soon and an announcement will release on the official website. Interested candidates must complete a bachelor’s degree from any discipline university with at least a 50 percent score. This BEd distance course has 2 years of duration. Students will learn about the teaching system.
BEd Distance Education at Kerala University
Admission for the BEd distance education course will start soon session 2023. Interested candidates who are looking for BEd Distance Education at Kerala University have to complete a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least 50 percent marks. Kerala University will provide in-depth learning about teaching skills, policies, systems, etc.
BEd Distance Education Admission Process 2023
There are numerous universities that offer BEd Distance Education through merit scores and entrance. for admission, students should complete the process in a proper manner without any errors. Admission is based on performance in the entrance exams or merit.
The students appear for the entrance examination conducted for the Bachelor of Education course; this is the only gateway to admissions to BEd Distance Education colleges. As mentioned earlier, different colleges have different admission criteria. After the examinations, the students are judged according to their performance in the examination.
Advantages of BEd Distance Education
- The students get relief from the traditional regular classroom system to attend their classes on time. Distance learning gives chances to students to pursue two courses simultaneously.
- Those students who want to make their career in teaching can get practical knowledge by teaching students in schools while pursuing BEd from a distance.
- BEd via distance learning helps students study from a distance, is also very cost-effective, and helps to save money on certain expenses such as travel costs, shifting costs, hostel costs, and so on.
- Anyone can pursue a BEd from a distance those who already are working professionals can get admission to a bachelor of Education (BEd) from a distance by attending classes once a week.
BEd Distance Learning in India
B.Ed Distance Education in India has been improving day by day. One of the most respectable and secure jobs in India is the teaching job. To get a job as a teacher, you need to have a degree of B.Ed in your hands. It is an undergraduate professional degree that opens the door to teaching jobs for you. Distance Learning courses are getting popular in India, and many students want to earn a B.Ed degree while working.
IGNOU conducts an entrance test in offline mode for admission to the Bed program. The University invites only qualified candidates for the further process that contains document verification and fee submission. Aspirants who wish to appear in the IGNOU BEd entrance test, require to attain at least 50 percent marks in their graduation and postgraduation.
BEd Distance Education in Delhi NCR
In Delhi/NCR, there are multiple distance learning institutes like IGNOU, Jamia Millia Islamia & more offers Distance BEd course. There are entrance exams conducted for providing admission into BEd distance education. Generally, the forms will get released in the month of August 2023.
BEd Distance Education in Kerala
in Kerala, BEd is one of the most famous programme. Several students who want to become a teacher want to get this degree through ODL mode. The University of Kerala and Calicut University is famous for full fill the needs of higher education under open and distance learning modes in the state. Candidates who complete a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in specialization from any recognized university can apply for admission to the BEd degree programme by visiting the official portal of their desired university.
BEd Distance Education Without Teaching Experience
Is it possible to do a B.Ed distance course without having teaching experience? Yes, Students can apply for BEd Distance Education without Teaching Experience in India. Only students who have completed their graduation degree and fulfill all other requirements asked can enroll. The duration of the course is 2 years to 4 years. Many colleges for distance B.Ed. course demands teaching experience of about 1 to 2 years. The teaching experience will benefit in getting a job after completing the Distance BEd course. There are various universities that provide admission distance BE.d including IGNOU, Nagarjuna Distance University, KUK DDE, and others.
1 Year B.Ed Distance Education in India
1 year Distance B.Ed admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India. The candidate will be required to submit the filled-in application form with self-attested copies of documents as specified in Entrance-cum-Admission Form. The original documents are to be submitted later for verification, after receiving the offer letter for admission.
What are the criteria for distance BEd course admission in India? 1 Year Distance BEd course require admission through entrance examinations. To enroll in a distance B.Ed course, one must possess an undergraduate degree, such as a B.A. or B.Sc. The ones who have done their UG in arts will be taught English, Hindi, History, Political Science, Fine Arts, Home Science, Economics, geography, etc. Physics, chemistry, and biology are taught to students undergraduate in science. Also, an online b.ed course in India is available.
What is the annual fee for 1-year distance learning in India? The total fees for the 1 year B.Ed distance education course are INR 52,650 to INR 1,05,250. It also may vary according to a different university or college’s conditions.
Teaching has always been regarded as one of the noblest professions, and it has always been the most respected among all others. The B.Ed correspondence/distance education course is two years course, for which the students will be given a maximum of five years to complete. Students can enroll in a one-year B.Ed program at UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU).
BEd Distance Education Entrance Exam 2023
The entrance examination for BEd is conducted in India generally in May and June. The selection procedure starts with checking the eligibility and elimination. The students who have UG degrees can only take up the course and that too in the same discipline in which they have completed their bachelor’s. Students are allowed to fill out the forms, but only those forms are accepted, and eligible to take the course.
Top Entrance Exams For B.Ed Distance Education
- IGNOU BED Entrance Test
- UP BED Entrance Test
- Jamia Millia Islamia BEd Distance Entrance Test
- TNOU BEd (ODL) Entrance Exam
IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam
Indira Gandhi National Open University has started the entrance exam process for the BEd course. Students must submit their application form before 25 December 2022 on its official website. IGNOU BEd entrance exam was held on 08 January 2023, and the university has officially released the answer key for the course. Those who have any issues regarding the answer key they can send mail to the university. IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam results will soon release by the university.
B.Ed Distance Education Syllabus
|Course / Paper|
|BED I- PE 1: Childhood and Growing Up||BED I- CPS 2: Understanding Disciplines and Subjects|
|BED I- PE 2: Contemporary India and Education||BED I- CPS 3: Assessment for Learning|
|BED I- CPS 1: Language Across the Curriculum|
|Course / Paper|
|BED II- PE 3: Knowledge and Curriculum||BED II- CPS 11: Statistics for Assessment of Learning|
|BED II- PE 4: Learning and Teaching||BED II- EPC 1: Critical Understanding and uses of ICT|
|Course / Paper|
|BED III- CPS 12: Pedagogy of Hindi||BED III- CPS 15: Pedagogy of Physical Science|
|BED III- CPS 13: Pedagogy of English(Part II)||BED III- CPS 16: Pedagogy of Biological|
|BED III- CPS 14: Pedagogy of Sanskrit(Part II)||BED III- CPS 17: Pedagogy of Mathematics|
|BED III- CPS 18: Pedagogy of Social Science(Part II)|
|Course / Paper|
|BED IV- PE 6: Creating an Inclusive School||BED IV- EPC 3: Understanding the Self|
|BED IV- PE 7: Yoga Education||BED IV- EPC 4: Reading and Reflecting on Texts|
|BED IV- EPC 2: Drama and Art in Education|
BEd Distance Education Specializations in India
- BEd (Special Education): Bachelor of Special Education is a special course in which the students learn to teach those students who are mentally challenged.
- BEd (English): Those students who have done their bachelor’s from any stream can do BEd in English if they want to get adequate knowledge in English and wants to teach English. In this course, the students learn how to teach the children about literature by giving some valuable lessons.
- BEd Physical Science: The courses offer theoretical and practical knowledge in physical science. Here aspirants will be able to pursue concepts such as energy and force, space and time. It usually emphasizes how the universe behaves, and those who acquire a degree program in the Bed of physical science see a future in scientific areas such as geology, mining geologist, environmental geochemist, hydrologist, etc.
- BEd Commerce: The Bed in Commerce has been introduced to offer theoretical and practical knowledge in the program. After acquiring a degree at Bed in commerce, candidates may go for the role of a teacher in either private or public sectors. Later, if they wish to earn more qualifications under the same steam, they would go for higher education like a Ph.D. as well.
- BEd Computer Science: The BEd in computer science through distance will be valuable. It has been transmitted for the students to practice both theoretical and practical experience of the courses. Students will learn various things such as IT, C Programming, Java and so on those who managed to complete the course will get better job opportunities.
- BEd Science Distance Education: The BEd in Sciences program is two years course, This course helps expand students’ knowledge of science teaching strategies based on the theories of science learning and instruction.
- BEd (Social Science): Distance BEd in Social science is a course of two years in duration. Many Universities offer Distance BEd Social Science through distance learning mode. The student who wants to righteous understanding to teach social studies to early learners must opt for the course.
Scope of B.Ed Distance Education
As far as teaching a subject, there is a misconception that a person can only become a teacher after earning a Bachelor of Education or B.Ed. degree. It is however necessary to have this degree in order to become a teacher in order to achieve this position. In addition to these qualifications, there are other requirements that must be met.
It is necessary for a teacher to have a master’s degree in a subject that is related to their undergraduate degree. In addition, they need to have a bachelor’s degree in education to teach in higher grades. It is even possible to pursue a master’s degree in education by enrolling in a higher-level course of study. There are both public and private institutions where a person with a Bachelor’s degree in Education can work as a teacher.
Job Types After Distance B.Ed
- Assistant Teacher
- Social Worker
- Assistant Dean
- Vice Principal
- Online Tutor
- Education Counsellor
- Content Writer
- Education Researcher
- Military Trainer
- Syllabus Designer
Employment Area After Distance BEd
- Primary teachers
- Secondary teachers
- Content writer
- NGO teacher
- Private teacher
- Head of school
FAQs About BEd Distance Learning
Ques: Is B.Ed Distance Education valid?
Ans: Yes, B.Ed under Correspondence/distance education mode is valid, if you have completed your B. Ed from an NCTE-recognized university.
Ques: Which university is Valid for B.Ed. distance education in India?
Ans: IGNOU UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU) Annamalai University. Directorate Of Distance Education, University Of Jammu Kurukshetra University. Jamia Millia Islamia. Kakatiya University. Rabindranath Tagore University Madurai Kamaraj University.
Ques: Can We do BEd through Correspondence/distance learning?
Ans: Yes, You can do BEd Correspondence/distance learning and it’s valid but only from limited universities in India.
Ques: Who Can Apply For B.Ed Distance Education online?
Ans: The individuals who have completed Graduation Successfully.
Ques: Is B.Ed Distance Degree Valid?
Ans: B.Ed distance degree is absolutely valid and acceptable for government and private teaching jobs in schools.
Ques: What is the duration of the B.Ed Distance Education Course?
Ans: Duration for B.Ed Distance Education Course is similar to the regular B.Ed course. That is 2 Years.
Ques: Is BEd Distance Education Valuable?
Ans: Bachelor of Education or BEd distance education is absolutely a valuable degree for the candidates because candidates are able to apply for Private as well as Gov. Jobs for teaching profile in School after getting a distance BEd degree. But make sure you are you get this degree from a valuable University.
Be the first to leave a review.