MLIS Distance Education: MLISc is an abbreviated form of Master of Library and Information Science, and it has generally a duration of a year. Postgraduate distance course admission is presently ongoing at numerous universities in the country. Only candidates with a BLIS or another equivalent bachelor’s degree in related disciplines can opt for the MLIS course in Distance Education.
The library and information science-oriented ODL postgraduate program comprises library and society, acquisition, library classification, technical processing, and several other primary and elective subjects. The approximate fee for the MLISc ODL program is 12,000-26,000 Indian rupees.
- MLISc Distance Education admission 2023 last date announced by MKU is 31 August 2023. Source
- Master of Library & Information Science distance education admission 2023-24 has been going at KUK, and the last date for admission is 31 August 2023. Source
- The last date to apply for MLIS course distance education admission 2023 at MS University is 31 August 2023. Official Source
- DU SOL MLIS admission 2023 last date is 31 July 2023. Source
MLIS Distance Education Scope Overview: After completing the this program, postgraduate students can apply to any of the associated fields of library and information science and earn a handsome package.
Note: The information shared above is just a glimpse of what this article is going to offer. If you continue reading the sections below, you will have immense access to admission information as well about MLISc Distance Education.
MLISc Distance Education Course Hilights
Master of Library and Information Science
|Eligibility||BLIS or Equivalent Degree|
|Minimum Age||18 Years|
|Max Age Limit||No limit|
Masters Level Degree
INR 20,000 to INR 30,400. p.a.
DU SOL, IGNOU, MS University, Annamalai University, Mumbai University, Patna University, JMI, etc.
Why Study MLISc Distance Education?
We have a question above of why one must opt for the Master of Library & Information Science Distance Education program. To answer this question, I would like to press light on several benefits below that entirely be the answer to this doubt, and clears the mind of someone who wants to pursue an MLIS Distance Education program.
- M.Lib.I.Sc. Distance Education program helps you attain skills of management and navigate information that is not enclosed only in the specific domain like library and information science but can be used with full intensity in other fields as well.
- Students during the course are grown with abilities that help them to reach some brilliant job opportunities later on.
- Through distance education, students are provided with time, and fee relaxation compared to any other form of learning in the modern educational world.
MLIS Distance Education Admission 2023
MLISc Distance Education admission 2023 for the ongoing year is open at various UGC-approved universities, including IGNOU, Madurai Kamraj University, etc. The admission closing date is 30 June 2023 for the Master of Library and Information Science (MLISc) distance education program.
Applicants must log on to the official website of the above-mentioned universities, and submit applications asap to take advantage of this real opportunity to get admission to this wonderfully designed professional degree program in information science. The application fee for the MLIS Distance Education program is 300-1,200 Indian rupees.
Some other universities, including Bharathidasan University, Magadh University, and KUVEMPU, will soon start the admission process for the Master’s degree in Library and Information Science program under distance education mode. The next section of this article is purely dedicated to offering complete information on the eligibility criteria.
Correspondence MLISc Course Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the postgraduate level distance education program—MLISc—are detailed below.
- Candidates must pass a BLISc or relevant degree from an approved university.
- Most Indian distance education universities require a 50 percent score at the bachelor’s level to approve admission to MLIS course in Distance Education mode.
- Admission is completely granted on academic merit to the MLIS Distance learning program.
MLIS Distance Education Admission Process
Keen candidates for admission to the MLISc Distance Education program must be aware of two modes of the admission process; online and offline so that they can stress-freely apply and succeed in their entry. In order to aid such aspirants, we have created a complete guide to the admission process based on online and offline modes in the following manner.
MLISc Distance Education Online Admission Process:
The online admission process for the MLIS Distance Education program that normally takes place at universities in India can be seen below.
- Open the website of the university that is proposing the MLISc program in Distance Learning mode.
- Then go to the online admission portal.
- Kindly complete the two sections: Registration and Application Form.
- Wisely select MLISc Distance Education program.
- Upload documents.
- Pay the application and admission fees.
- Submit application.
M.Lib.I.Sc. Distance Education Offline Admission Process:
The offline mode or process, or steps that aspirants need to follow for admission to the MLISc Distance Education program are exactly shown below.
- Please collect/download the application form (depending on the availability of the option)
- Fill it with correct information (both academic and personal details)
- Kindly paste the latest PP-size photograph in the enclosed section.
- Review all the information provided in the application form.
- Self-attest the required document and application form.
- Visit the university admission counter to submit the MLISc ODL application form.
- Pay an admission fee so that you may complete the MLISc distance education admission process.
MLISc Distance Education Scope
The MLISc Distance Education program is perfectly suitable for those students who wish to have a career in library and information science-associated fields. Candidates who just completed their postgraduate degree in MLISc can be professors and offer heights to their academic and research-oriented knowledge. They can do this by opting for Ph.D. degree programs in library and information science.
The following list includes some additional courses that candidates may enroll in after completing the distance MLISc program.
- MPhil in Library and Information Science
MLISc Distance Education Job Positions: There are so many job roles or positions available for candidates who have done the correspondence MLISc program. The list of some of the finest options has shared below.
- Information Analyst
- Information Architect
- Technical Writer
- Library Attendant
- Library Assistant
- Academic Librarian
MLISc Distance Education Salary Packages:
The salary descriptions of the above positions after the MLISc distance learning program are detailed below.
- Information Analyst: Candidates who join as Information analysts generally earn INR 12-15 LPA.
- Information Architect: The Information Architect can be seen earning a package of INR 8-11 LPA.
- Technical Writer: Someone who enters the profession of Technical Writing after MLIS distance education may earn up to INR 7-16 LPA.
- Library Attendant: The Library Attendant typically earns an amount of INR 6-14 LPA.
Be the first to leave a review.