NEHU Distance Education Admission 2023: In 1973, the North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU) was set up by the government. The University of Shillong is located in the state of Meghalaya. Two campuses of NEHU are in Shillong and Tura, and one is in Mawkynroh, Umshing, and the other is in Chandmari in Tura. 4 stars and an “A” from the NAAC make it a top-notch university. On NEHU’s eight campuses, there are 44 academic departments and 2 study centers offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees in regular learning mode. NEHU doesn’t offer admission to any course in distance learning mode at present.
However, till recently the University offered B.Ed. Special Education, Post Graduation Professional Diploma in Special Education, and Foundation Course on Education of Children with Disabilities in distance learning mode. Whereas in traditional learning mode, NEHU universities offered several UG/PG courses at present in science, education, humanities, environmental science, arts, commerce, etc.
NEHU Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||North Eastern Hill University Distance Education|
|Courses||UG & PG|
|Admission||Online and Offline|
|Type||Public Central University|
Latest Distance Education Courses
NEHU Distance Education Admission 2023
Registration for North Eastern Hill University admissions will start in the July term. Those who are interested can apply to the chosen degree and diploma programs. The university starts the admission process for NEHU for the Foundation Course of Education for Children with Disabilities, the PG Professional Diploma in Special Education, and the B.Ed. Special Education. By the final week of August, the university is anticipated to have completed the registration process.
NEHU distance course admission is offered purely on the merit of qualifying exams. NEHU proposes distance education admission online, and offline. Approval of admission is ultimately given to candidates who have completed the NEHU process accurately. University proposes two batches in a year with each batch holding 120 seats. Application fees of NEHU DDE are INR 800.
|Duration||BA, B.Sc., B.Ed.: 3 Years
BA LLB(Hons): 5 Years
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with minimum 50% marks
BA, B.Sc, BA LLB (Hons.):
|Basic Admission Criteria||Graduation BA LLB (Hons.)
BA, B.Sc.,: Class 12th Merit B.Ed.
|No. of Specializations||B.Sc.: 2 Specializations
(Economics, Environmental Studies)
BA: 1 Specialization (Economics)
UG and PG programmes are offered by NEHU for the 2023 distance some of the famous courses are mentioned in the list with their eligibility requirements that have to be completed by students for admission.
MSC: After completing a BSC-level degree from any known university in India, they can apply for entry.
M.COM: Candidates can apply for entries to this course after completion of B.Com level of studies from any known university in India.
MA: Master of Arts is a 2 years duration course at the postgraduate level. A student who has a bachelor’s degree can apply for the course.
NEHU Distance Education PG Eligibility Criteria
- MA, MSc, MJMC, MBA, MTTM, MLISc, and PGPD-SEDE courses require a minimum of 55%. For ST/SC students, that number is only 45%, but they still need to pass.
- The M.Ed. program requires a B.Ed. with at least 55%. Applicants from the SC/ST groups can get a 5% discount.
- Applicants must have at least 55% (50%) in LLB (reserved category).
- MCA applicants must have a BCA/BSc (CS/IT) or equivalent degree with at least 50% (45% for the SC/ST category). They must also have studied maths at the 10+2/degree level.
- Applicants for entry into the Central Committee for Admission of Foreign Students include Kashmiri migrants, Indian workers’ children in Gulf countries, and international students if there is space in their program.
NEHU Distance Education Fee
Students at NEHU have the opportunity to take a variety of UG and PG courses with very affordable fees. In contrast with regular mode courses, distance mode courses have a lower fee structure compared to regular mode courses. It is generally accepted that the fee range for these courses is in the range of Rs. 5000 to Rs. 80,000 per annum. It is possible for students to learn more about the fee structure of the courses that they are interested in enrolling in by visiting the official website.
- Admission to BA/ BSc/ B.Ed. The merit of the students are able to qualify examination after a clear examination, they can apply for admission to the BA/ BSc/ B.Ed. program.
- Admission to BA LLB is made through the department’s written test. The University will prepare a merit list based on the performance and other criteria of applicants.
- If there is an admission test, it will be for class 12 (10 +2 systems) or the equivalent. The trial of the university will be of 2-hour duration when we talk about exams there are multiple-choice questions and shall cover broadly four areas:
- General English
- Legal Aptitude.
- General Knowledge
- Logical Reasoning
NEHU Distance Education Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card by following the steps and instructions given below:
- Go to the verified portal of the university and select admit card portal.
- Fill in the dialogue box and wait for a while.
- You’ll get your admit card soon.
NEHU Distance Education: How To Use Login Portal?
Candidates can register to the application portal by following the steps given below:
- Go to the webpage the university and click on the register here icon.
- Fill out and submit the survey that pops up on the screen of your device.
NEHU Distance Education Application Form
For the July cycle of the Distance Education program, the online application process will begin at NEHU Distance Education. Applicants can register for undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the NEHU DDE by visiting the official website of the department to access the admission portal. There is a fee of INR 800 for candidates applying under the general category.
A member of a Scheduled Tribe (ST) or a Scheduled Caste (SC) will be required to deposit 400 rupees if they belong to a Scheduled Tribe or Scheduled Caste. It is possible to deposit NEHU application fees using debit cards, credit cards, or net banking methods. HDFC Bank and SBI provide debit cards, credit cards, and net banking services for the purpose of depositing application fees.
NEHU Distance Education Admission Process 2023
Candidates who want to get enroll in NEHU they must complete the admission process. It is mandatory for every candidate. all the steps are given below,
- Visit NEHU DDE’s official portal.
- Press the “Apply Online” button.
- Complete registration after entering the following details: email ID, mobile number, name to create an account, and more.
- Log In to the NEHU admission button with your registered email id, password, and captcha.
- Complete all the mandatory spaces.
- All scanned documents of NEHU DDE are needed for upload.
- Deposit fee via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Save and submit the filled NEHU application form
NEHU Distance Education Contact Details :
- Address: North-Eastern Hill University, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah Shillong – 793003 (India)
- Official Website: https://nehu.ac.in/department/43/Centre-for-Distance-Education
Be the first to leave a review.