NEHU Distance Education Admission 2023: Generally, admission for the new academic session starts in June-July month of every year. North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU) is offering courses at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels in various specializations
In 1973, the North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU) was set up by the government. The University of Shillong is located in the state of Meghalaya. Two campuses of NEHU are in Shillong and Tura, and one is in Mawkynroh, Umshing, and the other is in Chandmari in Tura. 4 stars and an “A” from the NAAC make it a top-notch university. On NEHU’s eight campuses, there are 44 academic departments and 2 study centers offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees.
NEHU Shillong offers a range of degree programs: BA, B.Sc., B.Tech, BEd, B.Arch, and BALLB. MA, MS, MLISc, MCA, MJMC, MSW, and PGPD-SEDE are some of the PG courses. Students can get MPhil and Ph.D. degrees in research. University entrance exams, as well as state and national level entrance exams, determine which degrees you can get.
NEHU Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||North Eastern Hill University Distance Education|
|Courses||UG & PG|
|Admission||Online and Offline|
|Type||Public Central University|
Latest Distance Education Courses
NEHU Distance Education Admission 2023
North Eastern Hill University admission registration shall begin in the July session. Interested individuals can apply to the selected degree and diploma programs. University initiates the admission of NEHU for B.Ed. Special Education, PG Professional Diploma in Special Education, and Foundation Course of Education for Children with Disabilities. It is expected that the university will end the process of registration by the last week of August.
NEHU distance course admission is offered purely on the merit of qualifying exams. NEHU proposes distance education admission online, and offline. Approval of admission is ultimately given to candidates who have completed the NEHU process accurately. University proposes two batches in a year with each batch holding 120 seats. Application fees of NEHU DDE are INR 800.
|Duration||BA, B.Sc., B.Ed.: 3 Years
BA LLB(Hons): 5 Years
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with minimum 50% marks
BA, B.Sc, BA LLB (Hons.):
|Basic Admission Criteria||Graduation BA LLB (Hons.)
BA, B.Sc.,: Class 12th Merit B.Ed.
|No. of Specializations||B.Sc.: 2 Specializations
(Economics, Environmental Studies)
BA: 1 Specialization (Economics)
University offers a lot of degree programs to candidates at all levels of learning some famous programs are given below:
MSC: After completing a BSC-level degree from any known university in India, they can apply for entry.
M.COM: Candidates can apply for entries to this course after completion of B.Com level of studies from any known university in India.
MA: Master of Arts is a 2 years duration course at the postgraduate level. A student who has a bachelor’s degree can apply for the course.
NEHU Distance Education PG Eligibility Criteria
- MA, MSc, MJMC, MBA, MTTM, MLISc, and PGPD-SEDE courses require a minimum of 55%. For ST/SC students, that number is only 45%, but they still need to pass.
- The M.Ed. program requires a B.Ed. with at least 55%. Applicants from the SC/ST groups can get a 5% discount.
- Applicants must have at least 55% (50%) in LLB (reserved category).
- MCA applicants must have a BCA/BSc (CS/IT) or equivalent degree with at least 50% (45% for the SC/ST category). They must also have studied maths at the 10+2/degree level.
- Applicants for entry into the Central Committee for Admission of Foreign Students include Kashmiri migrants, Indian workers’ children in Gulf countries, and international students if there is space in their program.
NEHU Distance Education Fee
The fee for various UG and PG courses at NEHU is very affordable to students. In distance mode, the fee structure of courses is less in comparison to regular mode courses. Generally, the fee range for the courses is Rs. 5000 to Rs. 80,000 per annum. Students can visit the official website for more information on the fee structure of courses in which they want to enroll.
- Admission to BA/ BSc/ B.Ed. The merit of the students are able to qualify examination after a clear examination, they can apply for admission to the BA/ BSc/ B.Ed. program.
- Admission to BA LLB is made through the department’s written test. The University will prepare a merit list based on the performance and other criteria of applicants.
- If there is an admission test, it will be of class 12 (10 +2 systems) or the equivalent. The trial of the university will be of 2-hour duration when we talk about exams there are multiple-choice questions and shall cover broadly four areas:
- General English
- Legal Aptitude.
- General Knowledge
- Logical Reasoning
NEHU Distance Education Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card by following the steps and instructions given below:
- Go to the verified portal of the university and select admit card portal.
- Fill in the dialogue box and wait for a while.
- You’ll get your admit card soon.
NEHU Distance Education: How To Use Login Portal?
Candidates can register to the application portal by following the steps given below:
- Go to the webpage the university and click on the register here icon.
- Fill out and submit the survey that pops up on the screen of your device.
NEHU Distance Education Application Form
NEHU Distance Education will start the online application process for the July cycle. Applicants can visit the official admission portal of NEHU DDE to register for the undergraduate, and postgraduate programs. The application fee for general category candidates is INR 800. Candidates who belong to a Scheduled Tribe (ST), or Scheduled Caste (SC) will need to deposit INR 400. Deposit of NEHU application fees can be made using a debit card, credit card, or net banking through HDFC Bank, and SBI.
NEHU Distance Education Admission Process 2023
- Visit NEHU DDE’s official portal.
- Press the “Apply Online” button.
- Complete registration after entering the following details: email ID, mobile number, name to create an account, and more.
- Log In to the NEHU admission button with your registered email id, password, and captcha.
- Complete all the mandatory spaces.
- All scanned documents of NEHU DDE are needed for upload.
- Deposit fee via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
- Save and submit the filled NEHU application form
NEHU Distance Education Contact Details :
- Address: North-Eastern Hill University, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah Shillong – 793003 (India)
- Official Website: https://nehu.ac.in/department/43/Centre-for-Distance-Education
Be the first to leave a review.