Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education? The approval for a distance mode Diploma in Electrical Engineering course has not been granted by UGC-DEB. The course is available in the regular mode of study only. The Diploma in Electrical Engineering takes three years to complete. A student can apply for admission to this diploma course after passing the 10th board examination from any recognized board in India. In this course, a student will learn about the basics of electrical and electronic systems.
The average fee range for the program is between Rs 10,000 and Rs 30,000 per year; it varies with different universities. In most institutions, admission to the course is based on the merit list process; however, in some institutions, admission is based on entrance exam results.
- Full-Form: Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Eligibility: Completed class 10 with at least 45% marks from the recognized board.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Fee: approx. INR 10,000 to INR 30,000.
- University: TNOU, KSOU, DU, IGNOU, and others.
- Career-wise: Work as a radio journalist, communication system manager, electronics engineer, technical head, and communication operator.
Is the Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education valid in India?
In India, the Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education isn’t valid because the students need to get hands-on experience to get that degree, and the UGC and DEB still need to approve it. Interested students can take the Diploma in Electrical Engineering course in the standard way. Traditional campus-based learning is required to earn a Diploma in Electrical Engineering degree.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Highlights
|Course||Diploma in Electrical and Electronics|
|Type of Course||Engineering Diploma|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance exam-based|
|Age Limit||There is no specific Age Limit|
|Minimum Percentage Required||45%|
|Average Fee||INR 10,000 to INR 30,000|
|Salary||INR 1,40,000 to 2,22,000|
Note: A diploma in Electrical Engineering course can be pursued in regular mode only. UGC-DEB has not given the approval for this course in distance mode. This page is query-based and provides information only. Students can enroll in the course in regular mode at UGC-approved universities.
Is a diploma in electrical engineering with distance education worth it?
Yes, doing a Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education can be worth it if you get excellent skills in both fields through the syllabus of this program.
- Skills: This diploma course will teach you multiple skills from both fields—electronics and electrical. Some popular skills taught by this diploma are wireless communication skills, electric product designing and selling skills, electronic device manufacturing skills, research skills, decision-making skills, and writing skills.
- Time Flexibility: Time flexibility is the most popular benefit of a distance diploma in EE. Through this benefit, a pupil enrolled in this diploma can schedule their time for study and other activities.
- Fee and cost: This is cheaper than a regular diploma, and its academic fee rises from INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Doing a distance diploma can give you the advantage of earning while studying. You can schedule your favourite time for learning the syllabus of this program.
Latest University Distance Education 2024
|University of Delhi||Kakatiya University|
|Vinayaka Missions Sikkim University||Kalinga University|
|Punjabi University||Kurukshetra University|
|Rabindra Bharati University||Kuvempu University|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Subharti University|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Admission?
UGC-DEB does not approve the engineering courses to be pursued in distance learning mode. Students can pursue a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics in regular mode only because the course requires practical classes.
Many prestigious universities, such as CIMT, NIBS, IIME, and more, offer admission to the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics program. The universities offer programs in both full-time and part-time modes for the 3-year diploma program. Students must pass their 10th or 12th board examination from a central educational board or any Indian state board.
The average fee for the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics program is estimated to be INR 22,500. Candidates or aspirants eligible for the course must pay the registration fee either in a semester or annually, depending on the institution’s admission criteria.
In the Electrical & Electronics Engineering diploma program, students can learn various things, for example, applied science, mechanical engineering, applied science lab, electrical circuits, embedded systems, and many others. During a three-year distance education program, you will be able to get a thorough understanding of the subjects. A student can study the program’s material in any place that is comfortable for him or her. In the case of offline classes, students are not required to visit the school.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: CIMT College Admission
Applications are now being accepted for the upcoming CIMT College Diploma in Electrical & Electronics program semester. Students who have passed an examination based on a pattern in their 10th or 12th grade will be able to apply through the established application portal. In the field of electrical and electronics, a diploma program is available for three years. The diploma program at CIMT will be confirmed after the completed information has been verified by the college. There is a requirement for the original documents to be verified.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Eligibility
Every interested applicant who is looking for a diploma course in electrical distance education should match all eligibility criteria for admission. The required eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Candidates with a valid degree in 10th or 12th from any recognized institution in India are allowed to get admission to the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Distance Education course.
- Anybody who has completed the 10th grade or its equivalent from a reputable board or university is eligible to pursue a diploma in electrical and electronics.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Duration
The duration of the Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education is 3 years. It is divided into six semesters, two semesters per year.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Fee
The candidates can check the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics average fee range of INR 10,000 to INR 30,000 per year. We only mentioned approximate fees for a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Distance Education here. It could be changed according to university rules.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Syllabus
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Applied Mathematics-I||Applied Mathematics-II||Digital Electronics|
|Applied Physics-I||Elements of Civil Engineering||Utilisation of Electrical Energy|
|Applied Chemistry-I||Electrical Instruments and Measurements||Modern Electric Traction System|
|Applied Mechanics||Electrical Estimating and Costing||Microprocessor|
|Elements of Mechanical Design||Electrical Design and Drawing||Generation, Protection Switchgear and Economics|
|Fundamentals of Electrical Drawing (I)||Computer Application||Entrepreneurship Development and Management|
|Fundamentals of IT||Electronic Devices and Circuits||Electrical Design and Drawing, II|
|Workshop TeĐhŶology – I||Electrical Power||Project Work|
|Professional Communication||Electrical Machines||Internship and Training (more)|
|Internship and Training||Internship and Training|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Admission Process
Interested applicants can apply for the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Distance Education program admission in both online and offline modes. There are several points in the admissions process that need to be completed in a proper manner and without any errors. The following modes will help one register for the DEE distance program and get admission:
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Online Admission?
- One has to visit the official portal of DEE to offer university
- Find the link stating the admission form and click on the link.
- Fill out the form with your name, mobile number, email ID, and other basic details to generate a password to create a DEE admission account.
- Visit the registration portal and log in using the Enter Enrollment/Username and Password to Log In button.
- Complete all mandatory sections listed in the form with the properly scanned documents needed to upload.
- Re-check the application form and ensure all the details and documents are uploaded successfully.
- Reach payment gateway and deposit fee (Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking)
- Save the receipt for future reference.
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Distance Education Offline Admission?
- Download or collect blank application forms for the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics program from authorized universities and colleges.
- Forms will normally remain free of charge.
- Fill in all the details in the application form accurately.
- Draw a signature or self-attest the application form and documents.
- Documents to be used for DEE comprise 10th and 12th-grade mark sheets, 10th and 12th-grade certificates, and photos.
- The filled-out form, along with documents, must be submitted at the admission center of the DEE-organized college or institution.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Required Documents
Candidates are also required to send or mail scanned document copies of their early academics, which include
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Habitation Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Scope
Diploma engineers can continue their studies with BTech electrical engineers after completing their diplomas. In addition, they will be able to get higher packages than diploma holders.
It is also possible to get a job after completing a diploma in electrical engineering. There are many opportunities available to such students, both in India and abroad. After completing this course, they will be able to work in a variety of occupations. The following are some of the job profiles:
- Junior Electrical Engineer
- Aerospace Electrical Engineer
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Apprenticeship to gain practical knowledge of the field
- BA Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BA Engineering (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
- BA Engineering (Hons) in Computer Engineering
- BA Engineering (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Fee-Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650* – 1500 *|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500*||6000- 12000*|
|R.R fees||800 -1000/y||800 -1000/y|
|Exam Fees||1000–2500/y*||2000- 3000/y*|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000*||500- 1000*|
|Course Fees||10,000-15,000/Semester||Varies according to University to University|
|Total Fees||22,000/Semester Approx||27,000/semester Approx|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Career Option
Here is a list of well-known recruiters who can help Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Distance Education program graduates find jobs.
|Indian Railways||Crompton Greaves|
|Godrej Electrical and Electronics||DRDO|
|Telecommunication Companies||Indian Armed Forces|
|BHEL||State Electricity Boards|
|Anchor (Now Panasonic) Electricals||Municipal Corporations|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Job Types
- Artist/Editor/Research Assistant
- Assist. Engineer, Embedded Verification & Validation
- Design Assistant, Electrical
- Technical Assistant, Electronics
- Project Assistant Civil
- Assistant Manager CHP
After completing a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics, students can get jobs like technical trainer, electrical design engineer, field application engineer, transform design engineer, verification engineer, and many more.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Employment Areas
The candidates can get jobs in top companies like TATA Power Strategic Division, HP Enterprises, etc.
|Aeroplane and aerospace manufacturing organisations||Transportation|
|Transportation network||Wireless Communication|
|Electronic product development||Manufacturing|
|Telecommunication industries||Product design and sales|
|Production and the distribution of power||Defence and space research organisations.|
|System Management||Consumer’s electronics|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education Salary
Students who complete this Electrical and Electronics Diploma have the potential to earn an annual income in the range of 1,40,000 to 2,22,000 Indian rupees. This is the basic benefit package that the company will make available to new employees. After some time during which the candidate is successful, the compensation may be raised by their performance.
1 Year Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education
Many colleges and institutions offer one-year electrical engineering courses. To apply for this one-year diploma program, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the colleges’ or institutions’ demands. Candidates must have done 12th from a recognized board in India and should have at least 2 years of work experience in related fields.
Although the duration of the program is two years, it is compulsory to complete the course for a maximum of three years from the session. Although the registration fee for the course depends on the colleges or institutes, the average registration fee is INR 3200, while the course fee is between INR 5,000 and 7,000 per year.
|Diploma in Computer Science||Fire Safety Management|
|Diploma in Information Technology||Postgraduate Diploma in Bank Management|
|Diploma in Electrical and Electronics||Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Safety Management|
|Diploma in Automobile||Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Application|
|Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication||Postgraduate Diploma in Child Health|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||Postgraduate Diploma in Translation|
|Diploma in Fire Safety Management||Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology|
|Diploma in Civil and Architecture||Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration|
|Diploma in Computer Engineering||Postgraduate Diploma in Management|
Skills Required for Diploma in Electrical Engineering Distance Education
For better career growth in the future, diploma electrical engineering graduates need to be good at both technical and non-technical skills. Here are some skills that every graduate should have:
- Skill in Analysing
- Proficiency in technical areas
- The ability to think critically
- Ability to communicate
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/AutoDesk
- Ability to solve problems
- Skills related to teamwork
- Goal-oriented skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Distance Education FAQs:
Ques. How can I take admission?
Ans. Students can apply for admission by online or offline procedure (i.e., by completing a form with their handwriting). If you face any difficulty, you can also talk to our expert. You can mail all documents by mail ID and pay fees online.
Ques. Can engineering be done through distance education?
Ans: No, AICTE and UGC-DEB don’t approve engineering courses for distance learning. Students can pursue engineering courses only in regular mode.
Ques. What is the duration of the Diploma in Electrical and Electronics?
Ans. 3 years or 6 semesters.
Ques. How can I pay the fees?
Ans. Students can pay their fees by online payment, like Paypal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques. Is a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Distance Education course approved for a job?
Ans. The university does not have approval from the DEB UGC to provide distance education in diploma electronic and electronics. However, after completing the regular course, the same students can get jobs in both the government and private sectors.
Ques. Is a diploma good for electrical engineering?
Ans: Taking a diploma course in electrical engineering is a great way to get a foot in the door of the electrical engineering field. I would like to especially mention this to those candidates who are interested in making their career in this field but do not have enough money to pursue expensive engineering courses in order to do so.
Ques. Can I do a distance Diploma in Electrical Engineering from IGNOU?
Ans: No, Indira Gandhi National Open University does not offer a Diploma in Electrical Engineering in distance learning mode.
Note: There has been no authorization given by the UGC for the Engineering course to be offered through distance learning in India. Currently, the course can only be pursued on a regular basis by students.
Be the first to leave a review.