Pondicherry University Distance Education 2024: The Pondicherry University DDE is expected to begin the admissions process for distance education courses on January 5, 2024, and the deadline for submitting the completed application is February 28, 2024. PUDDE now provides open and distance learning courses for BBA, BA, BCom, MBA, MA, and MCom.
Students who are keen to apply to Pondicherry University must visit https://www.pondiuni.edu.in/. They can get all the information they need about the admission process, fee structure, offered programs, etc., in the following segments of this post.
PUDDE Latest Updates
- Pondicherry University is about to start the distance education admission for the 2024 session. The last date to apply is February 28, 2024 (Tentative). Click Here
Pondicherry University offers UG, PG, and PG Diploma programs for distance learners. BA, BCom, MCom, BA in Political Science, and MBA are the most popular courses at this university. The UG programs select students on merit. For PG programs like MBA, students must pass the university’s entrance exam.
- Before enrolling, students need to go through all general criteria for admission.
- Application Fees: Students for all courses are required to pay Rs 200/-.
- All programs at Pondicherry University Distance Education are accepted twice a year.
- The application process is conducted online.
- All students will be approved based on their qualifying exam performance.
- To apply online, go to the official website. Students can pay their application fees online or offline.
- All Pondicherry University Distance Education Postgraduate courses require a Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) from a recognized institute.
- Pondicherry University Distance Education gives a 100% discount to a person who is physically disabled.
- The Pondicherry University Distance Education mode application form for Pondicherry University Distance Education is available on the university’s official website.
The Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) of Pondicherry University offers MBA and traditional arts and commerce distance programs. Online applications are accepted in June and December for January and July admissions. Admission is based on qualifying exam performance.
Physically disabled students receive 100% tuition waivers from Pondicherry University. Non-teaching employees and their wards, defined personnel, widows, deserted women, inmates, and transgenders receive a 50% fee concession. Certificates of eligibility from a competent authority must accompany applications. This scholarship improves Pondicherry University’s Distance Education programmes’ accessibility and inclusion.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Pondicherry University Distance Education|
|Approved by||DEB, UGC, DEC|
|Admission||Merit-based and Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Learning||Distance Education|
|Courses||UG & PG, PG Diploma|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
Pondicherry University Distance Education 2024
Pondicherry University Distance Education Admission 2024
Pondicherry University distance education admission 2024 last date is February 28, 2024 (Tentative). Interested and eligible candidates can register themselves for UG, PG, Diploma, and certificate courses offered by the university through PUDDE official admission portal @www.pondidladmission.samarth.edu.in/. The application form cost of Rs 200/- will be applicable at the time of registration.
The university does not conduct any entrance exams for admission to UG and PG courses in distance mode. The admission will be based on the merit list. Students can visit the official website of the university.
Pondicherry University Distance Education UG Admission
Registration for admission in the 2024 session of Pondicherry University UG programs can be done at www.dde.pondiuni.edu.in. The institution provides a large selection of undergraduate programs, such as B.Com., BBA, and BA. A 200/- rupee application fee is necessary to submit the UG application form.
BA Admission: The BA admission form for the 2024 session has been made available by Pondicherry University DDE. Numerous specializations are offered, including those in mass communication, political science, sociology, history, economics, and English.
- BA English: Candidates who can apply for the BA English course must possess a significant score in their 12th from the recognized board.
- Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com) is a course with a 3-year duration and is offered based on merit. Where it requires the students to qualify for 10+2 from an institute of recognition, the marks of students must be more than 50%. It is a UG course with a fee of INR 10,000
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) PUDDE has opened applications for its January 2024 session of distance learning BBA courses. This distance learning program lasts anything from three to six years.
- B.A. Journalism & Mass Communication: It is Ug course with a duration of 3 years. To be eligible for admission, students should have passed 10+2 in any stream. The courses will be offered in English medium. The total fee of the course is Rs. 9,975 per year which includes registration fees, Study Material and Handling Charges, tuition fees, etc.
Pondicherry University Distance Education PG Admission
Pondicherry University DDE offers postgraduate courses in MA, MBA, and MCom. Students who have finished their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with 50% marks will be eligible to apply for postgraduate courses. The University accepts any bachelor’s degree with UGC accreditation.
PUDDE MCom Admission
Pondicherry University’s MCom program is a perfect two-year PG commerce degree that can be studied in a distance mode. The annual cost of the MCom program is Rs 11,425 in total.
PUDDE MA Admission
Students who have completed any degree from an accredited university can enroll in Master of Arts (MA) programs offered by Pondicherry University DDE.
PUDDE MBA Admission
MBA or Master of Business Administration is a 2-year postgraduate degree program offered to develop skills for making a career in Business & Management. One can apply for a Pondicherry University distance education MBA after completing of BBA or another bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university.
Candidate should score at least 55% marks in the undergraduate examination. The tuition fee charged for the distance MBA program by Pondeicherry University is Rs 25000/ per semester. University offered MBA courses in the specializations of Banking Technology, Financial Technology, Insurance Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Tourism and Travel Management, and Data Analysis.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Eligibility
Admission into Pondicherry University distance education offered courses requires applicants to match the eligibility conditions listed by the university as per the respected course; major requirements are:
- BA (Program): To get admission to the BA course, students must complete their 10+2 in any subject.
- BBA (Program): 10+2 should have qualified if students have had a related course like mathematics.
- MBA: Candidates having a bachelor’s or BBA degree should receive a minimum 55% score.
|BBA||10+2 or Equivalent (Basic Requirements)|
|BCom||10+2 or Equivalent (Basic Requirements)|
|MCom||UG Degree with Specific Requirements|
|MA in English||UG Degree with Specific Requirements|
|MA in Sociology||UG Degree with Specific Requirements|
|MA Hindi||UG Degree with Specific Requirements|
|MBA||UG Degree (3 YEAR) with 50% mark|
Pondicherry University Distance Education Application Form 2024
The application form for UG, PG, and PG Diploma courses admission has been released by the PUDDE. An application fee of Rs 200/- will be payable at the time of registration. Students need to go through the admission instructions given by the university before filling out the application form. The application form is available on the official website @dde.pondiuni.edu.in/online-admission/.
- Candidates can fill out the application form online mode only.
- You have the opportunity to apply in more than one discipline. Students have to apply for more than one course separately. Before applying, ensure your eligibility.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Admission Procedure
Students must submit the application form carefully to avoid errors or mistakes. Fill in the mandatory details carefully, Pondicherry University Admission.
The application form can be submitted by following the method or procedure that is mentioned below:
- Visit the university site to submit the online application. (www.distance-education.pondiuni.edu.in)
- Students must create an account on the university site to start the application process.
- Two application forms, one for M.Phil./Ph.D. programs and one for postgraduate diploma courses, will be displayed by the university for admission. The courses that candidates choose will depend on their preferences.
- Fill out the form according to the requirements.
- All supporting documents must be brought with the application. Without the required documents, the application will be rejected by the university education center.
- You can use credit or debit cards to pay for entrance.
- For reference, print the application form.
If you want to change any data, you can use an ‘edit button. Course selection as well as fee payment:
- Select the course and discipline you wish to apply in. Click on apply and proceed button.
- You can submit your fee through a credit card, debit card, or net banking. After submitting the fee, you will receive a text message or an email.
- Applicants will be able to preview their filled details. Click on the print button to take out the print of your form. Keep it carefully for future use.
Important Note: Fill in all the required details carefully to avoid mistakes.
Pondeherry University DDE Required Documents
Here are the mandatory documents that you will have to submit to the university:
- SSC Certificate
- HSC certificate or marks statement
- Provisional Certificate
- OBC With Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
- SC/ST/PH OR Pondicherry Residence Certificate From A Competent Authority
- Migration and conduction certificate from the last intended institute
- Two coloured photographs (stamp-sized)
- Passport size photographs
- All the applicants must pass any Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicants will be eligible if they have secured 50 percent marks in the qualifying exam.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Courses List
The university offered UG, PG, and Diploma courses under open and distance learning modes. Following is the list of Pondicherry University Correspondence courses:
- BCom (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BA Economics (Bachelor of Arts in Economics)
- BA English (Bachelor of Arts in English)
- BA History (Bachelor of Arts in History)
- BA Political Science (Bachelor of Arts in Political Science)
- BA Sociology (Bachelor of Arts in Sociology)
- BA JMC (Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Mass Communication)
- MA English (Master of Arts in English)
- MA Sociology (Master of Arts in Sociology)
- MA Hindi (Master of Arts in Hindi)
- MCom Finance (Master of Commerce in Finance)
- MBA Marketing (Master of Business Administration in Marketing)
- MBA Finance (Master of Business Administration in Finance)
- MBA International Business (Master of Business Administration in International Business)
- MBA HRM (Master of Business Administration in Human Resource Management)
- MBA General (Master of Business Administration)
- MBA Hospital Management (Master of Business Administration in Hospital Management)
- MBA Operations & Supply Chain Management (Master of Business Administration in Operations & Supply Chain Management)
- MBA Tourism (Master of Business Administration in Tourism Management)
Pondicherry University Distance Education Fees Structure
|Course Name||Total Fee (INR)|
|BA -Political Science||9,975|
|BA -Journalism & Mass Communication||9,975|
Pondicherry University Distance Education MBA Fee Structure & Eligibility
|MBA Course Specialization||Fee||Eligibility|
|MBA Marketing||INR 24,925||
Bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university in India.
|MBA Finance||INR 24,925||“|
|MBA International Business||INR 24,925||“|
|MBA HRM||INR 24,925||“|
|MBA General||INR 24,925||“|
|MBA Tourism||INR 24,925||“|
|MBA Operations & Supply Chain Management||INR 24,925||“|
|MBA Hospital Management||INR 55,500||
Any graduate with an MBBS degree in Nursing, dental, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Bio-engineering, or Bio-science, and a graduate from any Indian systems of Medicine like Siddha, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, etc. OR Any graduate with 2 years of experience in any Hospital.
Why Pondicherry University Distance Education?
The basic reason for choosing Pondicherry University for distance education is its success over the past few years. In Literally no time, the university stride to reach out to the students’ trust. Following are some of the key factors that a student must acknowledge before stepping forward with any decision.
|UG & PG Online Materials||Great list of Affiliated colleges|
|Hostels||Easy Online Admission Process|
|Reading Hall||Placement Cell|
How to get an Admit Card?
PUDDE applicants will be able to download their admit cards from the website of the University. Without an admittance card, any student will not allow entering the center. Follow the steps given below to download the admit card.
- Go to the official website of Pondicherry University.
- Reach the login page and enter your registered ID along with the password.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ option.
- Check for the link given on the page.
- Enter the valid details that are required to open the admittance card.
- The card will appear on the screen in Pdf format,
- Download the card in pdf format and take a print.
- Keep some extra printouts, too, for future use.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Study Material
Pondicherry University provides study materials for all undergraduate and graduate programs, including BA, MBA, B.Com, and BSc. The study material can be ordered online (e-book) and delivered to the student’s home by courier, and also taken away from the university. The cost of physical materials will be extra for students. Online materials are available on the official website for students who want them.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Exam Centers
The PUDDE entrance exam is conducted in different centers mentioned below;
|Chennai, Cuttack, and New Delhi||Visakhapatnam, Pune, and Puducherry|
|Mumbai, Mangalore, and Tiruchirappalli||Hyderabad, Kochi, and Kolkata|
|Villupuram, Patna and Itanagar||Guwahati, Kotayam and Port Blair|
|Madurai, Ranchi and Srinagar|
How to Check Result?
Applicants can check results online mode by visiting the official website of Pondicherry University. The examination is conducted two times a year. Students are promoted to the next semester after taking exams.
Follow the mentioned procedure to access the results
- Go to the official website of Pondicherry University.
- Click on the Examination tab on the home page.
- Check the examination result by clicking on the relevant link.
- Then you will have to enter your registration number.
- Enter the semester for which you want to check the results.
- The result will appear on the home page.
- You can download the result and print it out for future use.
Candidates unsatisfied with their results are provided with the opportunity for revaluation. The application can be submitted for revaluation within ten days of the release of the results.
Pondicherry University Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern is available on the website mentioned below.
- Official website of Pondicherry University: @pondiuni.edu.in.
The university conducts exams to offer admissions in different disciplines.
The Pattern of Exam
|Types of Question||MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|No. of Question||100|
|Negative Marketing||1 mark per Question|
The exam is computer-based. Candidates must carry an admit card at the examination center; otherwise, they will not enter the center.
Topics of Entrance Examination
There are different topics for the examination which you will have to prepare well.
- English comprehension – 20 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 20 marks
Test reasoning – 20 marks
- General Awareness holds 20 marks
- Data interpretation holds 20 marks
Pondicherry University Distance Education Past Papers Sample
Pondicherry University Distance Education past papers will help you prepare well for the entrance examination, and you will be able to score high marks on the test. Detailed solutions are also provided for the questions in the past papers. Candidates should practice these papers to answer the questions more effectively.
Students should try to answer every question. One should read all past papers carefully since they contain instructions for candidates. Using these instructions, you can complete your Pondicherry University exams on time.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University, Puducherry-605 014
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Click Here
Note: Dates are tentative & subject to change. Visit the University’s official website for more admission information.
Be the first to leave a review.