MA Geography Distance Education Admission: 31 July 2022 is the last date for MA Geography Admission at IGNOU. Master of Arts in Geography is a two-year master’s degree. MA Field offers many specializations, with Geography being one of the most popular among students interested in earth science and geography. Topics include studying the earth’s surface and landforms.
The Master of Arts in Geography is a two-year master’s degree programme, and it’s a geography master’s degree. This course is divided into four semesters. This advanced academic exploration of Earth Sciences, Lands, and Physical, and Economic aspects focus on these fields.
- The course covers regional and international understanding of the earth’s surface, landforms, and environment.
- Every year, around 25,600 people study MA Geography Distance Education in India. The intake varies between institutions and universities.
- To apply for this program, students must have a Bachelor’s degree in Geography from a recognized university.
- Students will be admitted to this course based on their performance in the admission exams or their achievement in the Bachelor’s degree exams.
MA Geography Full Form: Masters of Arts in Geography
Eligibility: One should have a graduate degree in Geography with a minimum percentage of 50. Any other relevant science degree is also acceptable. Entries are either entrance or merit-based.
Duration: The completion period of this course is 2 years.
Fee: Based on the college type, the average annual fee can vary between INR 12600 to INR 30000.
University: Students can study this degree program in top distance colleges such as JNU, Delhi University, JMI, BHU, and Punjab University. All these Universities have affiliations with UGC and AICTE.
Career-wise: On completion of this degree students can get job profiles such as Demographer, Researcher, Geographer, and others with a yearly salary of INR 3 to INR 8 lacs.
- MA Geography distance education admission 2022 shall commence in various institutions like Cognitive Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies (CIIT), IGNOU, Jiwaji University, etc.
MA Geography Distance Education Highlights
|Full-Form of Course||Master of Arts in Geography|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/Entrance based|
|Course Duration||2 Year|
Graduation from a recognized university
|Average Course Fees||10,000 to 25,000 per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||2.5 Lakh Per Annum|
|Employment Role||Geographer, Cartographer, etc.|
Latest University Distance Education 2022-23
|Allahabad State University||Kakatiya University|
|Annamalai University||Kalinga University|
|Bareilly International University||Kurukshetra University|
|Integral University||Kuvempu University|
|Jaipur National University||Subharti University|
Ma Geography Distance Learning is a degree program linked with the studies of geography, i.e., Geographical and Climatic conditions of a region. This is a PG-level program offered to the candidates by different universities in India after clearing the BA Geography exams. The candidates are employed in a wide variety of government departments.
MA Geography Distance Education Admission 2022
MA Geography distance education admission 2022 shall commence in various institutions like Cognitive Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies (CIIT), IGNOU, Jiwaji University, MP Bhoj Open University, etc. Maximum universities have closed the registration window for the January academic session.
MA Geography distance education admission for the present session has been commenced. The academic session of online, or offline registration for the July cycle is driven by various private, state, and deemed institutions such as Jiwaji University, MP Bhoj Open University, Bhopal, Mumbai University, etc.
The admission to MA Geography two-year pg degree program shall be given to individuals who possess an ug degree in geography. An entrance test can be used to offer admission to Geography oriented program. However, Maximum UGC-approved universities offer admission on the basic need of academic/qualifying exam performance. The fee of the MA Geography program in the distance mode can be approximately found between 11-16k in the state and central institutions.
The course MA Geography is stand to cover and provide detailed subjective information in climatology, pedology, biogeography, political, & historical geography, and more. MA Geography in distance education is an excellent option to study geographical concepts by using E-Learning materials offered by the institution. By doing the course, students can save their precious time, money, and other expenses including travel, etc.
MA Geography is a postgraduate degree course. The duration of the course is 2 years and is divided into 4-Semesters. This course involves studying Earth Sciences, lands, and Physical and economic aspects through an advanced academic exploration.
- The candidates can apply for Admission Process is the basis of Entrance Exams.
- Delhi University (New Delhi) is offering the course MA Geography. The Candidates can apply the admission for the course MA Geography.
- Applicants can apply the admission for the course MA Geography by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Students can apply the admission for the course MA Geography at the Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi.
- The students can apply for MA geography admission 2022 distance Learning mode and check fees, eligibility, syllabus, Colleges, etc.
MA Geography Distance Education Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates with an approved degree of BA geography from any known and recognized institute of India with at least 57% of marks are eligible to apply for entries in this program.
- If one desires to carry on the learning process after this course, one can go for a Ph.D.
- Master of Arts (Geography) can be gained by anyone who has passed their Bachelors Degree in Arts from a reputed university or college.
- The time duration of this degree is 2 -Years. It is divided into 4 Semesters.
- The candidates can check the Course MA Geography Distance Education Average Fee range is INR 2,000- INR 50,000 per annum.
- We mentioned here only approximate Fees for Master of Arts (Geography). It could be changed according to the university Guideline.
Students are also required to send or mail the scanned document copies of their early academics, which includes
- Graduation Mark Sheet and degree
- 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Habitation Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
MA Geography Distance Education Admission Process 2022
Students can get admission to the course online and offline both types. You can apply for MA geography admission in 2022.
Online Admission Procedure:
- Firstly students need to move on to the university/college website link.
- On the website link, the application form will be available.
- On the application form, fill in the all-important details as required.
- After filling in all details, check it properly and attach the required documents.
- After completing all processes, click on the submit button.
Offline Admission Procedure:
- For admission in offline mode, candidates need to visit the University/College website.
- Through the official website, download the application form and take a printout.
- In the given blank box, fill details as required.
- Attach all required documents, and make a demand draft in favor of the university/college.
- Submit the application form through courier and another medium at the university/college campus.
Top 5 Colleges for MA in Geography Distance Education
|2||Nalanda Open University||Patna (Bihar)|
|3||Netaji Subhash Open University||West Bengal|
|4||Jiwaji University||Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh)|
|5||Madhya Pradesh Bhoj open university||Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)|
Some Universities and Colleges are offering MA in Geography Distance Education like Delhi University and IGNOU. The Students can apply for the MA Geography course by IGNOU.
The students can check the name of top MA Geography Colleges in India;
- BHU, Varanasi
- JNU, New Delhi
- Delhi University, New Delhi
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Agricultural Specialist
- Forest Manager
- GIS and Remote Sensing Specialist
- Regional and Urban Planner
The candidates can get the jobs like Geographer, Agricultural Specialist, Demographer, Cartographer, Professor, Forest Manager, Teacher, and many more.
After completing an MA in Geography, The students can get an average salary of Rs 3,00,000 to Rs 7,00,000 LPA.
MA Geography Distance Education Fee Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650* – 1500 *|
|Reg. Fees||500 – 1200*||1000-2000*|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500*||6000- 12000*|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000*||500- 1000*|
|R.R fees||800 – 1000/ y||800 – 1000/ y|
|Exam Fees||1000 – 2500/ y*||2000- 3000/y*|
|Course Fees||8000-12,000/y*||Varies according to University to University|
|Total Fees||15,000/y* approx||20,000/y* approx|
MA Geography Distance Education Syllabus
IGNOU MA Geography Distance Education Admission
MA IGNOU Geography is a two-year postgraduate degree that focuses on geomorphology, geography’s nature, and economic geography. MA in Geography is a popular study because it prepares you for careers like Agricultural Specialist, Cartographer, and Demographer.
IGNOU offers Geography MA courses via distance learning. One can specialize in one field while pursuing a Master of Arts. Indira Gandhi National Open University’s MA programs and distance learning courses have top-notch faculty. The university’s mission is to provide easily accessible knowledge, especially to professionals.
DU MA Geography Distance Education Admission
“Master of Arts in Geography”, is a two-year program, spread over four semesters, and comprising 18 courses of 90 credits (5 credits per course). Within the two-year period, a student has to complete 20 credits each in semesters 1 and 2, which is equivalent to four courses per semester (three core and one elective course); and 25 credits each in semesters 3 and 4, which is equivalent to five courses per semester (two core and three elective
courses). The ten core courses cover central and vital areas of geography, about which all students should have knowledge. These ten courses are classifiable as follows, as per the traditional classification of knowledge:
- Theoretical Base
- Methodological Base
- Systematic Approach
- Regional Approach
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques. How can I take admitted to MA Geography Course?
Ans. Just fill out the query form, and the counselor will call you back.
Ques. How can I pay the fees?
Ans. Students can pay their fees by online payment procedure, like Pay pal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques. What is the Admission Procedure MA Geography Course?
Ques. What is the Fees-Structure of the MA Geography Course?
Be the first to leave a review.