BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai Admission 2023-24: BA Journalism has become the choice of thousands of students. This course is a well-versed degree to have a Shining Career in journalism. The duration for pursuing a BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai is three years, during which an applicant learns the techniques and practices they need to follow in their professional career. After completing this course, students can get jobs in companies like All India Radio, Press and Printing Firms, Research and Educational Institutes, Fashion Industry, etc.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Eligibility: Completed class 12th or 2nd PUC with a minimum of 50% from a recognized board.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Fee: Ranges between INR 7,250 to INR 36,700 ( As per the University)
- Top University: Rathinam College of Arts & Science, Madras Christian College, Apollo Arts & Science College, M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women, and so on.
- Career-Wise: Graduates are eligible to be journalists, Reporters, editors, screenwriters, photojournalists, etc., with a salary of INR 3-5 LPA.
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai Highlights
|Eligibility Criteria||Need to be the 12th Pass|
|Approval||Approved by UGC /DEB and the AICTE|
|Fee Structure||INR 7250 to INR 36700 ( As per University)|
Is Distance BA Journalism Chennai Worth it?
This distance course in Journalism can provide you with a shining future. It can be worth it if you obtain this program from one of the best art institutes in Chennai.
- Skills: This BA program at Chennai, through remote learning mode, will teach you skills like audio skills, videography and photography skills, media laws, mass communication skills, counseling skills, marketing skills, editing techniques, and writing as well as oral skills.
- Time Flexibility: Distance BA in Journalism gives its candidates time flexibility. This flexibility allows students to learn on their own time schedule.
- Fee and cost: BA Journalism through distance mode is money-saving. Its academic fee is less than a regular BA. The academic fee for this program is INR 7,250 to INR 36,700 per annum.
- Earn While You Learn: This BA program benefits from doing a job and studying together because of its time relaxation.
Latest University Distance Education 2023-24
|Madras University||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Madurai Kamraj University||Nims University|
|Maharishi Dayanand University||OPJS University|
|Mangalore University||Osmania University|
|Manonmaniam Sundarnar University||Subharti University|
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai: Admission 2023
Distance education is a three-year degree program in journalism. Among the subjects covered in the UG degree program are fundamentals, history of journalism, media management, language, reporting, editing techniques, developmental psychology, and more. BA Journalism programs do not exist in Chennai. In most cases, Aspirants will find journalism master’s degree programs. However, the article ahead provides significant information on the universities that offer the BA Journalism distance program in Chennai.
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai: Eligibility Criteria
For getting admission to BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai the applicants must complete some of the conditions:
- The aspirant must have passed their 12th class from a recognized institute or board.
- A minimum score of 40% is needed to be scored by the applicants in their previous qualifications.
- The students who have passed a diploma or any other equivalent course can fill out the application form for admission to this course.
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai Duration: The time duration of this course is three years. It is divided into 6 Semesters.
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai Fees: The students can check the BA Journalism Average Fee range of INR 7,250 to INR 36,700 Per Year (As per the University).
BA Journalism Colleges in India
The Top colleges are providing BA Journalism Distance learning in Chennai. The candidates can check the name of the Top BA Journalism Colleges in India:
|Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune||Amity University, Noida|
|University of Kashmir, Srinagar||Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan|
|Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar||Lovely Professional University, Punjab|
|Calcutta University, Kolkata|
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai Employment Areas
|All India Radio||Research and Educational Institutes|
|Press and Printing Firms||Fashion Industry|
|News and TV Channels|
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai: Job Area
- The students can get jobs in top companies like India TV, CNBC, Indian Express, Zee TV Network, etc.
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai: Job Types
|Associate Editor||Correspondent/Special Reporter|
BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai: Syllabus
|Sem. I||Sem. II|
|Subjects of Study||Subjects of Study|
|Language I (Kannada/Hindi/Tamil/Malayalam Telugu/Sanskrit/Urdu/Additional English)||Language I|
|Basic Psychological Processes: Practical I||Language II – English|
|Language II – English||Fundamentals of Journalism|
|Language – Poetry, Drama, Prose, Aspects of Language||Basic Psychological Processes: Practical II|
|Introduction to Mass Communication||Language – Poetry, Novel, Prose & Aspects of Language|
|Sem. III||Sem. IV|
|Language I||Language I|
|Child Psychology||Child Psychology|
|Language II-English||Language II English|
|Media Laws & Indian Constitution||Developmental Psychology: Practical IV|
|Developmental Psychology: Practical III||Basic Audio-Visual Media|
|Sem. V||Sem. VI|
|Counselling Psychology||Abnormal Psychology|
|Abnormal Psychology||Health Psychology|
|Industrial and Organisation Psychology||Counselling Psychology|
|Health Psychology||Industrial and Organisation Psychology|
|Practical I & II||Practical I & II|
|Editing Techniques||Introduction to Advertising and Public Relations|
|Reporting Methods||Media Management|
Advanced Course After BA Journalism
- MA Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism
- Ph.D. Course
Course After 12th
Advantages of BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
As a Result Of a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism obtained from a Distance Education Institution, Candidates are encouraged to pursue the academic as well as professional worlds. It is likely that most candidates would gladly follow any of the paths between the two, as none of them push them towards failure. It will be evident in the following two sections whether educational and professional gateways have succeeded or not.
Academic Advantages of BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
If a candidate completes a bachelor’s degree in BA Journalism from an authorized institution in India via distance education, then they are highly recommended to seek an advanced level degree or diploma program in the same stream. Applicants can go to apply for programs like the Executive MBA, MA Journalism, MSC Financial Economics, and more. The fees of the mentioned distance programs can be seen between INR 12,750 and INR 87,100.
Professional Advantages of BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
If a student has graduated from a reputable institution with a BA Journalism undergraduate degree program, he or she will be eligible to enter a wide range of employment opportunities, such as publishing houses, media houses, press information bureaus, radio telecasting companies, advertising agencies, and more. In the mentioned employment sectors, candidates can work as photojournalists, radio jockeys, and public relations officers, among others. There is an average salary of INR 2.4 lakh per annum for a fresher in this stream.
Application form for BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
The UGC-approved UGC-approved universities provide the distance learning BA Journalism program. State universities, regional universities, and private universities are some of these colleges. Students who register in journalism-focused programs frequently pay a registration fee of between INR 300 and 600. The first-year tuition cost must be deposited with the Journalism program’s admission and registration fees.
Admission Process for BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
Applicants who are thinking of getting admission to the BA Journalism undergraduate degree program will need to choose between the options of being online or offline. Applicants can avoid mistakes while filling out the BA Journalism ODL program with the instructions given in the following modes.
Online Process for BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
- Visit the online admissions website of an approved university
- Look up registration
- Create a login for admission
- Use your username, email address, and password to log back into your admissions account.
- Unfinished but necessary blocks must be filled in.
- Upload documents in the proper format, such as JPEG, JPG, or PDF.
- Pay the required registration/application cost.
- Please download the application submission receipt for the BA Journalism program admission.
Offline Process for BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
- Download a blank application or Admission form for the BA Journalism program from an established university.
- The offline form can also be collected from the regional or admissions campuses of authorized universities.
- Fill up all the mandatory sections before moving to the submission part.
- Documents need to be self-attested
- Stick or bind the application form and documents together.
- Have a visit to the authorized admission center for BA Journalism form submission.
- Documents would be verified closely.
- Shortlisted candidates, after verification, can deposit BA Journalism fees.
- Collect receipt of offline form submission.
Scope of BA Journalism Distance Education in Chennai
BA journalism distance education in Chennai graduates has a few opportunities at their fingertips.
- Investigative Journalist: If you have a passion and a curious mind for dealing with a wide variety of situations and people, Working as an investigative journalist would be a fantastic opportunity for you.
- HIgher studies in different specializations: You can pursue any master’s degree related to BA Journalism, such as an MA in sociology, social work, etc.
- Startup: A person who earns a bachelor’s degree in journalism has the option of starting their own media outlet or newspaper company.
- Social Services: A candidate working in journalism can easily enter social services and assist others by leveraging their government connections.
Be the first to leave a review.