BA Social Work Distance Education 2023: Admission to the Bachelor of Arts Social Work Distance Education program is offered at IGNOU, AMU, TNOU, KSOU, and other universities in India. This is an undergraduate degree in arts that takes 3 years to finish. A minimum 50% grade point average from a recognized board is required for entry into this course. Admission will be based on a merit list, counseling, or Class 12 results.
The BA social work distance education course curriculum covers a variety of topics, including psychology, physical education, community organization, mental health, and more. Throughout the program, you will learn about social service and the law, human development, skilled ethics, and the principles and concepts that guide social workers.
The average cost of a BA in social work through distance education in India varies from institute to institute. The average salary of BA Social Work graduates depends on the experience and skills they have in the field. Upon completion of this course, students are eligible to pursue further education, such as MA in Social Work, MSW, and so on.
- Full-Form: Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
- Duration: 3 years
- Fee: The approximate fee ranges from INR 18,000 to INR 65,000
- Top universities: Aligarh Muslim University, Osmania University, TNOU, KSOU, IGNOU, etc
Latest University Distance Education 2023–24
|University of Delhi||Kakatiya University|
|Vinayaka Missions Sikkim University||Kalinga University|
|Punjabi University||Kurukshetra University|
|Rabindra Bharati University||Kuvempu University|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Subharti University|
BA Social Work Distance Education Highlights
|Fees Approx||INR 18,000 to INR 65,000|
Yes, a distance BA in social work can be worth it if students get better social skills through the study of this program.
- Skills: Skills taught during the study of this program are social environment protection techniques, fieldwork skills, project planning skills, community development skills, social security skills, human rights skills, ethics, oral and social work research skills, public behaviour techniques, and social teaching methods.
- Time Flexibility: This distance program in social work is flexible in timing. So the student can study the course material according to self-made timetables.
- Fee and cost: As this is a distance program, it will cost less as compared to the regular BA in Social Work. The academic fee for this BSW program starts at INR 18,000 to INR 65,000 per year.
- Earn While You Learn: Pupils of BA Social Work have the choice to schedule their own time for study. So they can schedule study time at night and do a job or business to support themselves financially.
BA Social Work Distance Education Admission 2023
BA Social Work admission started for the academic year cycle in multifarious universities. Aspirants can get involved in the admission process for the BA Social Work three-year UG degree program by the last date.
The six-semester program in the distance mode can be applied to considerable universities like Kakatiya University, DR Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gromodaya Vishwavidyalaya, and more. Admission to the BA Social Work program is typically offered after the execution of the 10+2 or equivalent.
BA Social Work Distance Education Eligibility
- Candidates with a valid and approved certificate of passing 10+2 level of education. The minimum score for entries is 55%.
- If a candidate wishes for the continuation of learning, then one can pursue this program.
- The candidate must have completed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2 or XII Std. with vocational courses) or equivalent.
- The candidates should have a (10+2) intermediate with a minimum mark of 45–50%.
The duration of this course is 3 years. It is divided into six semesters.
The students can check the BA Social Work average fee range of INR 18,000–INR 65,000 per year. We mentioned here only approximate fees for BA Social Work Distance Learning. It could be changed according to the university guidelines.
Note: The Universities will keep changing the fees from time to time and one will have to find out the details from the Study Centre/Regional Centre
BA Social Work Distance Education Syllabus
|I Year||II Year|
|IMTSBSW-101||General English||IMTSBSW-201||Contemporary Ideologies for Social Work|
|IMTSBSW-102||Introduction to Social Work||IMTSBSW-202||Work With Communities|
|IMTSBSW-103||Social Work Research and Statistics||IMTSBSW-203||Basic Processes and Techniques in Social Work|
|IMTSBSW-104||Social Work Values and Ethics||IMTSBSW-204||Political Economy and Planning in India|
|IMTSBSW-105||Social Welfare Policy and Services||IMTSBSW-205||Human Behavior and the Social Environment|
|IMTSBSW-106||Case Study||IMTSBSW-206||Field Work|
|IMTSBSW-107||Internship & Training||IMTSBSW-207||Internship & Training|
|IMTSBSW-301||Basics of Information Technology|
|IMTSBSW-302||Management of Development and Welfare Services|
|IMTSBSW-304||Education Systems & Services|
|IMTSBSW-307||Internship & Training|
How To Apply for BA Social Work Distance Education Admission?
The admission approach to the social work program BA is designed in two forms: offline and online. The structure of admission to the BA Social Work program is organized below.
BA Social Work Distance Education Online Admission Process
- Pay a visit to the admissions doorway of the university.
- Create an account based on the registration process.
- Log in and complete the admission form for the BA Social Work course.
- Go through the filled form, and rectify the given information.
- deposit fee as requested for the BA Social Work program.
- Receipt or acknowledgment must be saved.
BA Social Work Distance Education Offline Admission Process
- A blank form for BA Social Work admission is available in hardcopy/softcopy at the university.
- The blank form ought to be filled in the presence of the requested documents.
- The application form needs to be completed correctly.
- Attestation must be made to the asked documents.
- Documents and an application form for BA Social Work should be sent to the office of admission.
- The process of document verification will be held.
- Only shortlisted candidates are allowed to complete the admission process with a fee deposit.
- 12thMark Sheet and Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Habitation Proof
- Photo Identity Proof
- Scanned copy of age-proof
- Scanned copy of the cast or category certificate
BA Social Work Colleges in India
Some Universities and Colleges are providing BA in social work. The students can check the names of the colleges and Universities:
- St. Aloysius College, Mangalore
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Shia PG College, Lucknow
- Maris Stella College, Vijayawada
- The Bhopal School of Social Sciences, Bhopal
IGNOU BA Social Work Distance Education
IGNOU offers a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) for 3-6 years. The minimum eligibility for this course at IGNOU is 10+2, or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU. This course is made for those who want to give professional assistance to needy people. The course fee is INR 3,500 in the first year and INR 3,400 in the second and third years.
Interested candidates can apply for this course before the last date, 20 October 2023, at the official website of IGNOU.
BA Social Work Distance Education Application Process
The submission of the application form and its process are very simple for everyone. Candidates just need to visit the official site of the university to which they want to be admitted and fill out the application form. But you need some documents. The required documents list criteria depending on the university or institute to which you want to apply. Some common documents and eligibility criteria for BA social work distance education are given in the article. Make sure you fulfill all the requirements.
Many universities have already released the application form for the 2023 session.
Benefits of BA Social Work Distance Education
There is no doubt that social work distance education at the bachelor’s level in the arts will lead students on a remarkable path to success. A degree holder can be admitted to a master’s degree program in the same field and strengthen their educational profile.
A career in this field could include counseling, teaching, welfare specialists (labor), social workers, criminology specialists, etc. Additionally, there is the option for them to choose from a variety of job profiles. The average salary package for social workers with a BA degree is INR 4.5 lakh per year. We will provide more information about the BA Social Work benefit in the upcoming branches.
How do you have a favorable impact?
Understanding individuals in society and working to improve their lives are the two main focuses of social work. Social workers assist people in coping and enhancing their life satisfaction by listening to their needs, whether they are small children or addicts. Through this training, you will be able to learn how to have a positive impact on society and how quickly life situations can alter.
The most important topic in the Bachelor of Social Work
- Introduction to Social Work
- Social Work Research and Statistics
- Social problems in India.
- Social Case Work
- Social Work Administration.
BA Social Work Distance Education Fee-Structure
|Admission Form||500 – 1000||650* – 1500 *|
|Breaking Study||3500-5500/Y*||6000- 12000/Y*|
|Prospectus fees||500 – 1000*||500- 1000*|
|R.R fees||800 -1000/y||800 -1000/y|
|Exam Fees||1000–2500/y*||2000- 3000/y*|
|Course Fees||10,000/y-15,000/y||Varies according University to University|
|Total Fees||Rs. 28,000*/Y, Approx||40000*/Y Approx|
Career after BA Social Work Distance Education Course
The degree has given me some fantastic possibilities, including the chance to shadow certified social workers, participate in resilience days, travel, and choose from a variety of placements.
- Job Type: After completing a BA Social Work Distance Education, candidates can get jobs in sectors of healthcare, charity, social care, voluntary work, and many more.
- Job Area: The students can get jobs in the top areas like social defense, health care, community development, social welfare sectors, etc.
- Salary: After completing this BA in Social Work Distance Education, the candidates can get an average salary of Rs 2,00,000 to Rs 7,50,000 LPA.
BA Social Work Distance Education: Employment Areas
|Old-Age Homes||HR Department of Industries|
|Counselling Centres||Health Industry|
|Correction Cells||Gender Issues Associations or Groups|
|NGOs||Natural Resources Management Companies|
|Mental Hospitals||Disaster Management Departments|
|Prisons||Human Rights Agencies|
BA Social Work Distance Education: Job Types
|Social Worker||Probation Officer|
|Labour Welfare Specialist||Executive Officer|
|Researcher||Social Security Officer|
Salary of a BA Social Work Distance Education Graduate
The salary of a distance BA social work graduate changes based on the job profile. Graduates can make a very good income once they have worked in the field for a while. The average income for a BA social work distance education is between INR 2 LPA and INR 7.5 LPA.
The pay for a BA social work distance education depends on the candidate’s knowledge and skills. Another thing that changes the average salary package is location, company, and designation. BA in Social Work graduates can make more money by getting more knowledge and skills.
BA Social Work Distance Education (FAQs)
Ques. How can I take admission?
Ans. Students can apply for admission by online procedure or offline procedure ( i.e. completing a form with your own handwriting). If you face any type of difficulty, you can call our counselor.
Ques. How can I pay fees?
Ans. Students can pay their fees by online payment procedure, likewise Paypal, NEFT, Visa Card, Cash, etc.
Ques. Is this course approved for my job?
Ans. Yes, the Courses offered by our institute that is approved by UGC and DEB. These courses are valid for Govt jobs and also any govt examination.
Ques. What is a BA Social Work Course?
Bachelor of Arts in Social Work is a 3-year degree course that is divided into 6 semesters. During this course, a candidate gets knowledge about social Work which refers to the various services designed to aid and improve the welfare of poor families, aged persons, and Needy persons.
Ques. Can I do BA distance?
Yes, everyone who qualifies 12th board examination from any recognized board of education in India is able to apply for the Course.
Be the first to leave a review.