Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Admission?: Sikkim Manipal University is not offering any programs in Distance Mode since the academic year 2018 – 2019. SMUDE was founded in 1992 and recognized in 1995. It was founded by the Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Education and Medical Group. The main goal is to provide exceptional higher education to individuals through flexible and feasible learning modes enabled by technology.
Sikkim Manipal University offers UG and PG courses, along with management and IT programs. Students can also register for admission online on the official website. Applicants are required to take entrance exams as well as merit-based admissions in order to be accepted.
This university is renowned for its educational excellence, and its faculty members are well-trained and experts in the field of academic instruction. Additionally, the study material is well-structured for students.
Sikkim Manipal University is not offering any programs in Distance Mode since the academic year 2018 – 2019. This article is only intended to clarify students’ queries. This university has started offering admission to online courses instead of distance learning courses.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Highlights
|University Name||Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education|
|Courses||UG & PG|
|Approved For admission Abroad||Yes (MHRD)|
Latest Courses Distance Education 2023
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Admission?
SMUDE offers admissions to the following programs: BBA, BCA, BSC IT, MBA, MCA, MSC IT, etc. Candidates who have submitted a SMUDE inquiry form will receive a call back from the admissions counselors once they have completed the form.
SMUDE-based admission final call shall be made after verification of submitted documents. Students selected for SMUDE must deposit a first semester/admission fee at the counter.
- BBA and MBA programs in the management stream are offered at this university. BCA and BSc (IT) are offered at the undergraduate level, and at the graduate level, MCA and MSc (IT).
- Undergraduate courses are selected based on previous 10+2 qualifications from a state or national educational board.
- MBA admission is based on an entrance exam. However, PG courses are also based on merit. A group discussion round or interview can qualify for the SMAT exam.
Sikkim Manipal University is not offering any programmes in Distance Mode since the academic year 2018 – 2019. This article is only intended to clarify students’ queries. Students can apply for admission in the Regular Mode.
SMU Distance Education UG Admission
At the undergraduate level, Sikkim Manipal University distance education offered admission to BBA, BCA, and BSc courses. One can apply for admission to any one of their favorite course after completion of 12th with 50% marks from any recognized board of senior secondary education in India. Specific admission criteria for these courses are mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a 3 years degree for which it is mandatory to pass the 10+2 with a least 50% marks. Students can also apply for admission if have passed their 3-year diploma, INR 16500 is the fee.
- Bachelors of Computer Applications (BCA), admissions to this three-year program are made directly by considering the marks of students in the intermediate which must be 50% or more of it. Its tuition cost is around INR 16500.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc.IT), a UG degree in Science can be pursued by candidates qualified for the 12th standard examination from a known institute in Science. This course is provided with a tuition fee of INR 16250.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education BA Admission
- The course Duration for this subject is 3 years.
- Eligibility Criteria: passed 10+2 level or an equivalent degree.
- Selection Mode: open merit selection of the candidates.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education BSc Admission
- Course Duration will be considered to be 3 Years.
- Eligibility Criteria: you must have passed 10+2 or equivalent degrees from any recognized board.
- Selection Mode: Open merit selection.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education BCom Honours
- A distance education program offered by Sikkim Manipal University specializes in higher-level commerce education. A student who successfully completed his or her class 12th education from the commerce stream will be eligible to apply for this course. Applicants can receive admission to a course after checking their names on the university’s merit list.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education BTech
- BTech is 4 years undergraduate course in the field of Engineering, The eligibility criteria are passing of 10+2 with relevant courses as compulsory subjects along with 50% aggregate. The Selection Mode is the Entrance test by Government + University offline entrance test.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education PG Admission
The next session of admission of SMUDE PG shall offer MBA, MSC IT, MCA, and other programs. Admission notification of SMUDE PG has been updated on the portal. Individuals can collect PG admission information from the official website. Registration and application forms for the SMUDE PG are organized online. One can complete online registration for PG courses admission by paying a fee for the mentioned programs.
SMUDE PG MBA admission can be inherited after getting valid marks in national cum management level exams. Here, candidates can get SMUDE PG MBA admission after passing CMAT, or CAT exam recently. Admission to other courses like MCA can be made on university entrance exams. Other course entries to SMUDE PG follow a direct path in which they are excluded from the entrance exams.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education MA Admission
- Course Duration is 2 years without any failure during the whole course of the degree.
- Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
- The selection Mode will be Merit-based Selection.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education MSc (Chemistry) Admission
- Course Duration will be of 2 years without any failure during the whole course.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates should have passed the 10+2 examination as well as completed a BSc (Hons) in Chemistry or BSc (Gen) in the 10+2+3 scheme with Chemistry as an optional subject from a recognized university.
- Selection Mode as well as criteria: Open merit selection will be done to select candidates.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education MSc (Physics/Mathematics) Admission
- Course Duration: 3 Years without any failure during the whole course
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates should have passed the 10+2 examination as well as completed BSc (Hons) in Mathematics or Physics or BSc (Gen) in the 10+2+3 scheme with relevant courses as an optional subject from a recognized university.
- Selection Mode Students will be selected on open merit.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education MTech Admission
- Duration is 2 years.
- Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in any branch of Engineering/ MSc in Electronics/Computer Science/ Information with at least 50% aggregate.
- Selection Mode: Screening test, 50% from the last aggregate + 50% from screening test score.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education MBA Admission
- Course Duration: 2 years.
- Eligibility Criteria: Graduate Engineers and Bachelor’s degree holders in the 10+2+3 scheme with at least 50% marks.
- Selection Mode: CAT/MAT or university entrance test.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education MCA Admission
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects at the 10+2 level.
- Selection Mode: Entrance examination by University.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Application Process
In order to apply for admission to Sikkim Manipal University distance education, candidates have to go through the proper procedure mentioned by the university. Admissions are open for a specific time period in a year and applicants have to follow the deadlines to meet the general criterion for admission application. Candidates have to follow some steps mentioned below:
- Admission notification will be commenced by the official website of the university.
- The admission will be dealt with by the Directorate of distance education of the university.
- To start the application procedure, candidates need to fill out the general inquiry form presented on the website of university.
- Once they submit the form, they will receive a call from one of the associated counselors from the university.
- Applicants have to provide their basic details to the counselor to get the admission form.
- The candidates who will be considered eligible will get the Admission forms from the counselors.
- Enter your First name, which should be the same as mentioned in the documents.
- Enter your last name and If there is no middle/last name enter a dot in this section.
- Enter your valid mobile number in the section. You will be able to receive an important communication message through SMS to this number.
- Then enter your valid email id in the given section. Important notifications will be sent to your id.
- Then select the City of your residence.
- Now select the correct Program or course that the applicant intends to apply in. The admission will be finalized on a merit basis.
- Then enter the correct Date of Birth which is mentioned in the Matriculation marks card or Birth certificate.
- Now select the benefit category, if you are eligible for it.
- Re-verify all the details. Now click the “Proceed” button.
- The number i-e; the application number will get displayed on the screen.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Required Documents
- A passport-sized, as well as a self-attested photograph, needs to be attached to the form.
- A copy of the identity card needs to be attached and duly signed should be at an appropriate place without hiding any information on the form.
- A copy of the self-attested Birth certificate will be attached.
- Character certificate needs to be attached to the form which is issued by the principal of your last attended school or college, in the case of foreign immigrants it can be obtained from the gazette officer.
- Original Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Copy of detailed result sheet of grade 10 along with Clearance certificate.
- A copy of the Result Sheet for grade 12 along with the clearance certificate needs to be attached.
- A copy of the Result sheet of my Bachelor’s along with my degree should be attached.
- Copy of Result sheet of graduation along with Degree.
- demand draft of fee submitted.
How to Download a Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Admit Card?
Hall ticket is available on the website of SMU. Applicants can easily download their Admit Card or hall ticket from the official website; the University campus and the study center as well if their information is present in the database of University. Mentioned steps should be followed in order to download the admittance card from the website:
- Go to the official website.
- Then go to the exam option on the homepage.
- Candidates can search SMDUE admit cards on a screen.
- Applicants can log in to their student accounts by using their credentials.
- Applicants need to select their course name and then hit the ok or submit.
- Admit Card of the candidate will appear on the screen.
- Applicants can go through their admit card, to recheck any errors or mistakes in their credentials.
- In case of any error in the information, candidate can contact the concerned department as soon as possible in an emergency.
- Otherwise, applicants can download the Admit Card by clicking the download option.
- Applicants will be able to get the printout of the admit card.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education (SMU-DE) Syllabus
The syllabus and all the essential details of all the courses that come under UG and PG programs are given on the official website of Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education. Students can have access to the course syllabus and description on the programs tab on the homepage of the official website. Candidates can go through the course description of their desired course and then go for the selection of the particular course.
Moreover, Sikkim University is known not only for its distance education use of technology but also for its use of modern technologies. Sikkim University has launched its application to assist candidates in going through the course contents and syllabus, and also to give them a better understanding of the education they are receiving by taking the course.
Tech-powered learning helps learners to better understand on the go at their comfort through the award-winning EduNxtTM learning portal or the SMU-DE App.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Study Material
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Department is providing all of its students with excellent study materials to minimize learning difficulties. The applicants are presented with scholarly lesson plans and course relevancy notes. In addition, home assignments, projects, and personal contacts are provided to applicants in the context of academic activities.
Having scholarly lessons in a documented form on their apps simplifies access for students. Students can also access these lessons through videos that explain each and every topic in detail. There is no online or offline form of education at the university, so students do not need to worry about attendance issues or missing lectures or lessons.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Exam Pattern
Educational Analyst Personal is available 24/7 for helping you with the assignments of scheduling exams; our personal academic experts ensure that students only have to focus on their studies. The exam pattern and all the other essentials, of course, will be provided to students through the Sikkim Manipal University distance education applications, so they can do their studies in the best convenient way.
For the entrance examination pattern, candidates can go through the internet to see the exam pattern and to get know-how about the screening test of the University. For most of the courses, the university is going with the government entrance examinations and they are easily accessible to the students with just a single click over the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: Is Sikkim Manipal distance education approved?
Ans: No, Sikkim Manipal university is not providing distance education since the academic year 2018-19.
Ques 2: Is IGNOU better or Sikkim Manipal?
Ans: Both universities are recognized by UGC and provide quality education. The difference is that Sikkim Manipal University is not offering distance courses and the IGNOU is offering distance courses. Students can choose according to their needs.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Contact Details
- Address: 5th Mile, Upper Tadong, Tadong,Gangtok, Sikkim 737102
- Phone: 080667 48888
- Website: https://smude.edu.in
Sikkim Manipal University is not offering any programs in Distance Mode since the academic year 2018 – 2019. This article is only intended to clarify students’ queries. Students can apply for admission in the Regular Mode.
Be the first to leave a review.