M.Tech Distance Education in Tamil Nadu 2023: In the technology and engineering stream, the M.Tech is a two-year postgraduate program. There are several specializations available at the professional degree level, including Computer Science Engineering, Data Science, Computer Network Engineering, and Data Science.
M.Tech ODL program fees range from INR 70,000 to INR 2,00,000 in various private, central, and state universities. Distance education programs are admitted based on academic performance or entrance tests.
- M-Tech Full Form: Masters of Technology
- Eligibility: A degree of B-Tech or BE is accepted for granting admission into the course. The entrance exam may or not be a criterion of entry in distance mode. A minimal level of 50% score is required here.
- Duration: There are 2 years in which this course is completed.
- Fee: Its overall one-year fee range of INR 50k to 1.5 Lakhs.
- University: The UGC-approved institutes in Tamil Nadu for M-Tech distance education are Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore Institute of Technology, TNOU, Amrita School of Engineering,
- Career-wise: Students can reach high technology firms via hiring for positions such as software engineer, system analyst, system engineer, and so on. These professionals are liable to earn about INR 5-12 lacs per annum.
Note: According to UGC-DEB and AICTE guidelines and notifications, Engineering courses are not offered in distance education mode. Therefore, students can’t pursue the M.Tech program in distance learning mode.
Latest University Distance Education 2023
M.Tech Distance Education in Tamil Nadu Highlights
M.Tech Distance Education Admission in Tamil Nadu 2023-24
M.Tech ODL admission in Tamil Nadu-located universities or institutions open in the academic year cycle. Admission for distance-oriented courses like M.Tech VLSI Design, Information Technology, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, etc., are given on the performance in the entrance, and qualifying exam.
Universities and institutions conduct and approve GATE exam scores to offer seats. Shortlisted candidates through the entrance exam will be asked to appear in the counseling or interview session. Those who deposit an application and an admission fee for the first semester will be assured of admission through email.
M.Tech PG degree program fee ranges between INR 50,000-1,50,000. Candidates who have acquired an M.Tech degree in distance education from Tamil Nadu can seek a profession as a research associate, lecturer, system firmware engineer, aerospace engineer, and more.
Exam Mode: A student has to follow the online mode of examinations.
Entrance Exams for M.Tech Distance Education Admission
The admission window of the M.Tech program usually needs entrance test performance. Thus, candidates are required to appear and pass any of the entrance tests conducted at the university, state, and national levels such as GATE, OJEE, AP PGECET, UPSEE, etc.
GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE is a national-level entrance exam conducted in online mode for admission to the M.TECH PG degree program. The exam has a duration of three hours. The question paper consists of multiple-choice and numerical questions. The fee for the GATE exam is INR 1500. Candidates who belong to reserved categories like SC/ST/PWD will need to deposit INR 750. Fee deposits can be accepted in online mode.
OJEE: Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) has been organized every year to judge the eligibility in numerous subjects for admission to the M.Tech two-year degree program. The entrance exam is held for a duration of two hours and has a fee of INR 1000.
AP PGECET-2023: Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test or AP PGECET is a state-level entrance exam. The exam is held online and managed by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. The entrance exam is conducted every year for admission to the M.Tech degree program. A general category candidate can deposit a fee of INR 1000. Reserved categories like SC/ST will have some relaxation; thus they are asked to deposit a fee of RS 500.
UPSEE: Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination or UPSEE is a standardized test conducted by DR A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University. The online exam has been used for admission to the Master of Technology (M.Tech) program. The expected date to hold an exam for UPSEE will appear in September Month. The registration or application fee for the UPSEE exam is INR 1300. Female or reserved categories like SC/ST/PWD can deposit a fee of INR 650. One shall accept UPSEE fees online through the following modes: Debit Card/Credit Card, Net Banking, UPI, etc.
M.Tech Distance Education in Tamil Nadu Eligibility:
For selecting the applicants getting admission in the MTech distance education course the Universities check certain conditions as listed below:
- As aspirant must have passed the bachelor level education from a recognized institute or university,
- A minimum of 45% score should have been attained by the applicant in the previous qualifications,
- The aspirants with a pass in BTech education will get an edge over other applicants.
Duration: It can be done in 2 years. It is divided into 4 Semesters.
- The candidates can check the M.Tech Average Fee range of INR 50,000 – INR 2,00,000 Per Year.
- The fee can lie between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 per semester for M.Tech distance learning in Tamil Nadu.
Documentation Attestation: A student can get their documents attested from government organizations such that the embassy, MEA.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science & Engineering.
- Information Technology.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- One can reach IT companies in major cities of India for system engineers, system analysts, software engineers, etc., and get a big salary package.
- The candidates can get jobs in top companies like HCL, TATA Power Strategic Division, IBM, HP Enterprises, Wipro, TCS, Accenture, etc.
Colleges offer M.Tech distance education in Tamil Nadu
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology.
- Jamia Millia Islamia University.
- Periyar University.
MTech Distance Education IGNOU
IGNOU offers MTech distance education in advanced IT with a specialization in Networking and Telecommunication for a duration of 2 to 3 years. The fee charged by IGNOU for the program is INR 2,05,000. To apply for admission to the program a candidate must have a UG degree in engineering and technology with a minimum of 55% marks.
M.Tech Distance Education Different States in India & Worldwide:
|Chhattisgarh||Madhya Pradesh||Tamil Nadu||Abu Dhabi|
|Himachal Pradesh||Mizoram||Uttarakhand||United Kingdom|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Nagaland||West Bengal||Australia|
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Is M.Tech distance education in Tamil Nadu valid?
Ans: No, MTech distance education is not valid in Tamilnadu.
Ques: What is the duration to pursue an MTech Degree?
Ans: The minimum duration is 2 years to complete the degree and can be extended up to 4 years.
Ques: Can I pursue the MTech course?
Ans: A student who has a BTech degree in relevant subjects from any recognized institutes.
Note: According to the norms and announcements provided by UGC-DEB and AICTE, engineering courses are not permitted to be studied through the method of distance education in India. As a result, the Master of Technology programme cannot be pursued using the form of distance learning by students.
Be the first to leave a review.